No announcement yet.

Ruohis models ++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i suspect this has partially to do with the textures, the smooth groups where ok when i checked
    ::Ruohis.com :: Total Remodeling Progress :: Monster Remodelling Project :: New Player Model ::

Comment

I suspect the UV map:
      Here is a good tut where the Instructor actually goes through the details in some depth.Doing A simple yet Very Hard to texture model ,He fixes the errors too.
      http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-UV-...ender-37102270
      Last edited by bluntz; 04-18-2011, 05:35 PM.
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

edit
        Last edited by seanstar; 06-29-2012, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Wow! Looking forward to it Sean.

Comment

Very nice! DO WANT! :-)

Comment

Wow! Amazing! Good job!
              200 años de mi querido PARAGUAY
              14/05/1811

Comment

edit
                Last edited by seanstar; 06-29-2012, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Looks great Sean! I can't wait for these!

Comment

Thank you, 3nnio! Really nice details

Cheers!

PS: Testing your weapons-pack-plague++ I noticed that two textures are vertically inverted: grenade.mdl_0_glow.tga and missile.mdl_0_glow.tga
                    ░░▒▒▓▓██ Casi EOF ██▓▓▒▒░░
                    ░░▒▒▓▓██ M 4 C G Y V 3 R ██▓▓▒▒░░
                    ░░▒▒▓▓██ EOF =D ██▓▓▒▒░░

Comment

Looks mouth watering ....Dam you Sean,you made me hungry.Doh!
                      WARNING
                      May be too intense for some viewers.
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                      ---------------------------
                      .--------------------------

Comment

since nightfright pointed out in a thread of mine that the plague weapons ++ link is down,
                        i thought i would be so kinda to upload them and provide a mirror for them

always keep everything i find stored on my HD even if i dun use it or dun like it after all, for in cases like this

PLAGUE'S WEAPONS ++
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Awesome, dear! Have some rep for that! ^^
                          Authentic Models Pack
                          OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                          LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

you're welcome. always glad to be able to help with mirrors for files which have expired links.

and my links dun expire since they're on mediafire, and mediafire keeps your files forever
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by kingennio View Post
                              I'm posting these beautiful models made by Ruohis that are hard to come by since his site is no longer working.

Ruohis made excellent models faithful to the originals and were the main part of Rygel's pack. In DP the original Ruohis models suffer from the flag-bug many times explained by Seven (who I'm most grateful for his help) and that not even Rygel corrected properly. In this pack I've corrected the flag-bug in many models (items not spinning or with wrong flag-settings). I've then added gloss, normal, and glow maps to the textures and reduced the size of some for performance reason without affecting their look in the game. The glow textures are particularly useful to work around a bug in DarkPlaces that sometimes renders objects completely black even though environement isn't dark at all. This issue only occurs when reltime-lighting is off. The glow maps avoid the issue.

compared to the models in Rygel's (which Inkub0 also hosts in another thread), I'd like to point out the different models for gibs, which are closer to the original. The one in Rygel's I think are by neogenesis. Also the lavaball: this one in not a sphere but it's more a rugged rock. missile and grenade (which are included in inkub0's pack). The backpack and the biosuit are also worth mentioning. Rygel's doesnt contain the biosuit and the backpack is PrimeviL's skin over the standard model.

I'd like to point out that I put the armors model by plague (the same in Rygel's pack), which I think it's the best I know of. The reason is that I could't find Ruohis' original armor. So if anybody has the original armor model by Ruohis, please let me know that I'd really like to include it.

As soon as I have the time I'll post some screenshots but in the meantime I strongly suggest you to download and try it yourself, they aren't big files.

Ruohis Object Pack

Ruohis Ammo&Medkits Pack
                              Enjoy!
                              Sorry to necromance, but does anyone have the above files?

The links for them are dead.

Comment

Originally posted by manwithnoname22 View Post
                                does anyone have the above files?
                                I most certainly do

uploaded them for you to my dropbox:
                                Ruohis Object Pack
                                Ruohis Ammo&Medkits Pack

dropbox files dont expire, so these will be permanent mirrors to the files

Comment

Working...
                                X