No announcement yet.

Scourge of Armagon Weapons Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The update is coming along. Likely this week. The arm will be using the same mesh and texture from the Axe that's in my Shamblers Castle tread. So if you use that Axe, you will get a much better arm on the Mjolnir without any more resources being used.
    Another update will be a (filename)-shaders.pk3 for Darkplaces users - this will be a pk3 with the already animated Laser Cannon, but also the Prox Mine having a slightly fading in/out glow. The laser projectile may get a 2-3 frame animation too.

Comment

just popping in to say that this pack is AWESOME too! yeah, I just found about them!!!!
      In time, Fire will fade ... and only Dark will remain

Comment

Wow this is awsome!
        Gentlemen. Good news in the war against the Strogg. A lone marine battled through enemy lines and killed the Strogg's leader, the Makron. He's also disabled the planetary defence guns, so it's a ground-pounder's war from here on in. General Harper wants us to clear out a landing site for a mobile communications center and -
        [the dropship is hit by a missile]

Comment

Update is coming along. The Mjolnir has been updated and working great. It's position is basically identical to the originals in both location and size. Now to do the Mine shader

Comment

ooohhhh can't wait to try it!

Comment

Pack has been updated!
              Download here:
              http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi...Weapons-V2.zip

Comment

Ah, the hammer is much better! I noticed the weapons still aren't spinning, however!

Comment

Thanks OoPpEe, I'll try it tomorrow after a good night's sleep.

Comment

thanks for the update!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning_Hunter View Post
                      Ah, the hammer is much better! I noticed the weapons still aren't spinning, however!
                      I've tested this with a fresh install of Quake. The weapon pickups included in this pack are spinning (Prox Launcher/Laser Cannon/Mjolnir). Check your progs folder to ensure you don't have any g_ models in there.
                      Even JUST installing the addon "OoPpEe-SoA-Weapons-LC-Glow.pk3" without the main pack resulted in a shader animated Laser Cannon that spun (was missing textures as those were in the main pk3). So this appears to be a issue on your end.

Anyone else having this issue?

Also did notice one bug that's easy to work around. The "Addons" are not being executed properly once I added the -V2 at the end of the pk3 name.
                      To get around this simply add a "z" at the start of all the filenames of the addons. I will do this in a third update if one is done.

Comment

I don't quite understand your post, Oopee... I'm using the Hipnotic game folder with no other models in it.

Check your progs folder to ensure you don't have any g_ models in there.
                        I don't get it. Doesn't this pack come with g_models? If I take them out of the folder, they are the original models. Then yes, of course they spin if they are the original models. lol. But if I use the g_models that come with your pack (OoPpEe-SoA-Weapons-V2.pk3), then they don't spin. Don't forget that I'm using Qrack, not Darkplaces.

Comment

G_models are in the pk3 yes. I am assuming you are leaving them within the pk3 and not extracting them out.
                          Ah QRack, could be based off that as if I extract the g_models and just them and put them into the progs folder with no other customizations - work fine.
                          I will research how to make them spin for QRack (I will quickly test on my PC too)

Comment

I don't think Qrack supports .pk3 files. I don't use them anyway; I always just extract the files I use to the progs folder, and rename the .mdl files to .md3 (Qrack doesn't need the files to be renamed to .mdl like Darkplaces does).

I will research how to make them spin for QRack (I will quickly test on my PC too)
                            Cool, thanks. I know that other .md3 models spin just fine in Qrack, like Plague's weapons.

Comment

Plague'sPak

Can you test both versions? He did make a mdl format version in which is the most widely used one as it works on every Quake engine - and if it supports high res skins - looks identical to the md3 versions.
                              So I know the mdl one will work, could you uninstall it and then install the md3 version and see if the same issue happens?

Comment

Yes, both versions have spinning g_models.

Comment

Working...
                                X