Dissolution of Eternity - Weapons Pack + PlasmaGun Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah me again....lol
    Version 3 of the pack is out. Comes with the latest fix of the progs.dat (Thanks Seven!) and also includes a Plasmaball projectile. It is in a separate pk3, so if you don't like it simply delete "OoPpEe-Plasmaball.pk3" when you install the pack

Comment

Hello OoPpEe,

Great improvement to original model and amazing enhancement to gameplay fun !

Thank you for sharing your work.

Seven

Comment

Grappling hook is under way. I know not many will not have a use for it as it isn't equipped unless playing CTF - I am however doing it still for completion of the weapons AND it is able to be used in project I am working on - so figured it should be done. It can also be used in place of other mods which use a grappling hook too.

Attached Files

Comment

It is good to see you doing something that brings a little distance to QuakeC again my friend

Switching between "projects" is always a good thing and blows fresh air in your brain.
          (even if it is still for the same mod in the end)

All the Best for your mod OoPpEe.
          Seven

Comment

Coming along more just the grapple needs some textures and it's nearing completion. The animation is dead easy as it basically consists of "make the hook disappear" and that's about it. Again it is a "remix" of the original, made to resemble it, but not be a direct copy of. Actually started off as my Prox Launcher.

@Seven - yeah QC does require one to step away from it for a bit. I got the hardest part completed thus far (doing more testing). Next parts are overall copy and paste from Hipnotic's QC to add in it's enemies and features.
            Attached Files

Comment

looks good OoPpEe

Comment

Skinned, now to rig and animate. Then after to remake the "chain"
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Good looking work OoPpEe

Comment

It's released!
                      Check first post for the updated pack. This will more than likely be the final (this time I mean it )

Comment

...so no chance in reworking the lava nail ?
                        (like we talked about a couple of weeks ago)

Comment

I made about 6 different ones, each didn't compare to the one included in this pack. I did reduce the polycount on Ruohis' nail though and that was nice as from the one who fired it - no visual difference - if it's coming at you (and you're silly enough to look at the detail lol) there's a hardly noticeable difference.

I will add it those to Version 5 of the pack. For a v5 to be done though, I'd need to know of what improvements can be made to this pack.

Comment

the grapple is great OoPpEe

made a quick gif to see it in motion

Comment

You gif shows a bug with my Grapple - it doesn't have the hook disappear until 1 frame AFTER it's fired. Gif shows the grapple hook still in the gun AND out of the gun at the same time.
                              I fixed this issue now
                              So I will be making a version 5 soon WITH a modified lava nail (lower poly but not noticeable)

Comment

Hello OoPpEe,

no, I didnt speak about the model itself.
                                The issue is, that the nail head is almost black.
                                And that part of the model is the part, that the player mainly sees.
                                Dont you remember that we discussed it via mail or PM ?
                                It would be nice if the player sees some lava texture on the nail head.

Thank you.
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X