No announcement yet.

Dissolution of Eternity - Weapons Pack + PlasmaGun Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting the head texture is actually pretty easy - can be done by simply changing the UV location of the head to the same spot as the "spike" part of the nail.
    The major concern I have with the nails though - multiple textures + not-low-poly nails + multiple of them flying due to rapid fire weapon = FPS hitting
    The nails texture can be reduced more without any real noticeable loss (unless you freeze non clients) and reducing the polycount is very nice on the FPS too.

Comment

Hey Oopee, I'm not sure if the plasmagun fix has been adjusted to work in Qrack or not, but I noticed something weird in the animation. Is there supposed to be lightning on the base of the model like this?

Also in Qrack, the bolts of lightning that fly out of the plasma ball aren't masked (they don't have transparent edges). There is black around the edges. See this screenshot to see what I mean:

Comment

Hmmm that would be a Qrack issue. Those lightning bolts are not on the model at all except at the tip (like shown in second image)

The "bolts" are WAY back behind the model on the idle frame and then are moved to the tip at fired. Not too sure as to what would be causing that because in reality it SHOULD be present on the Lightning Gun too as all I did was reskin the model and renamed it - no edits were done to the mesh at all.

For the plasma ball - yeah the textures inside are alpha channelled.

Comment

For the plasma ball - yeah the textures inside are alpha channelled.
          Does this mean Qrack is doomed?

Comment

For the Plasma Gun - disable my fixed progs.dat (rename it) and see if the issue is gone. It actually could be caused by that. However that will itself disable the animation of the gun most likely (as I coded the weapon animation to follow the Rocket Launchers).

First box is frame 2 (and all further frames are in same location - just animated). Second box is frame 0 (the idle frame). There's no frame that has the lightning in that position. So it seems like Qrack is doing a "blend" of the first and second frame? Something to bring to Rook's attention.

For the Plasma Ball - as far as I know, more than likely unless there is a work around for it that I am unaware of.
            Attached Files

Comment

The bolt moving like that is due to the interpolation, u can tweak the gl_interpolate_distance, which, if the distance between the verts interpolated are greater than that value then they wont be interpolated.

Make sure your image for the bolt replacement texture is alpha channeled.

Does this mean Qrack is doomed?
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Make sure your image for the bolt replacement texture is alpha channeled.
                Yes, it appears to have an alpha channel. What else would cause it?

Comment

I'm on my secondary PC so cannot check my contents. Did I use a shader in my final version? If so, that could be why it's like that.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                    The bolt moving like that is due to the interpolation, u can tweak the gl_interpolate_distance, which, if the distance between the verts interpolated are greater than that value then they wont be interpolated
                    What was figuring could of been the cause. Perhaps a future possibility in the engine would be to have a gl_interpolate_distance_viewmodel?
                    That way we can keep the value for all other models but disable/use a different value on weapon models? In reality this should also happen on Ruohis' LG gun too (one in Rygel's pack) and that's a commonly used weapons pack.

Comment

Thing is that, the transparency of the model is hardcoded. Unless the mod actually uses .alpha entity field, the engine didnt know to draw it using alpha channels. Originally this model isnt transparent.

Comment

Wow! I want mine to look that good! Haha. What did you do R00k?

Comment

Sounds like he edited the source code. r00k care to PM the changes you did, then I'll add it to my patched progs.dat. It'd benefit those who use engines aside from DP.

Comment

well it was within the engine not the progs.dat

Code:
                            	{
                            		glEnable (GL_BLEND);
                            		glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE);
                            		glBlendFunc(GL_ONE, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR);
                            	}
                            For an engine like fitzQuake, you might want to use a sprite/24bit texture in place of an md3 model.
                            Last edited by R00k; 05-04-2011, 03:33 AM.

Comment

is that all it takes? three little lines of code for such a huge difference in visuals!? thats amazing...

Comment

Yeah simple edits can make huge changes. Quake 3's shaders show this. R00k's lines of code there are basically the same as Q3 Shader's in concept.

I will look into finding a way to get the plasma projectile to work in Qrack. I did leave it as a separate pk3 for easy removal as I was unsure if it would work in other engines. Seems to be the case here - but I am sure there's a way to get it working without having to edit the engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X