No announcement yet.

Inkub0 new RTLIGHTS =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah sorry the slipgates. They have the animated texture that is glowing - should only need to add 4 lights (2 on each slipgate)
    Maybe a little more on the lava (hard) entrance too?

Comment

Looks really good Inkub0!
      When I compared this with Romi's pk3 I noticed that his also includes cubemaps? What are those for?
      – Moon[Drunk]'s Quake Graphics
      – Quake Revitalization/Retexturing Project

Comment

I think this will fix your shadow problem with the flame. Well, for DP at least. You need a shader:

textures/texturepackname/texturename
        {
        dpnoshadow
        {
        map textures/texturepackname/texturename
        rgbgen lightingDiffuse
        }
        }

Material creation for DP - DarkPlaces Wiki

Comment

Whoa, nice. Just tried these out. Great stuff, before there were a few parts that dragged my fps down a bit to the 60s, but now i get my usual 200 or so . Thanks for these inkub0. I was considering figuring out how to edit rtlights files and create a ton for custom maps out there, but never got around to it.

And as moon[drunk] said, shouldn't these include the cubemaps from romi's pack as well?
          Clan Brotherhood of the Axe

Comment

Originally posted by Moon[Drunk] View Post
            Looks really good Inkub0!
            When I compared this with Romi's pk3 I noticed that his also includes cubemaps? What are those for?
            Yes, i forgot them
            now i'm "tuning" all the work to get some more FPS... i'll put romi cubemaps in the next release i dont changed them
            Cubemaps are useful to draw figures with shadows. Like chinese shadows.

@ silverjoel : must i have to write a .shader file and put it in PK3? how it's done?
            Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

Add those lights to the side of the slipgates?

Comment

Originally posted by ooppee View Post
                Add those lights to the side of the slipgates?
                sorry ooppee, but that glowing "lights" in the sides of slipgates are not really lights. it's the luma map of that texture i can add lights to imitate that, but it's not the same thing...
                Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Know it's the texture doing it but if I recall even in default textures - those glow in the dark (like the gremlins eyes).

Comment

i created a "work in progress" thread on DoE/MP2...
                    HERE
                    so use this for comments about ID1 rtlights...
                    Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

added romi cubemaps and tuned a bit more the 1st episode...

Inkub0-romi-rtlights-1.2.pk3

@ Seven: Yes, i mean "RT World lightmaps"
                      Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

contine tuning on 2nd episode (and a bit of e1m1)

Inkub0-romi-rtlights-1.3.pk3
                        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Thanks inkub0, just tested them last night, and they look different then romi's RTLights, but that is not meant in a negative way, i like that its much darker, using 0,25 setting on RTLight. Great work, hopefully we will see more updates in the future.
                          FPS Source Ports

Comment

I'm sorry for log times... al my projects are stopped... but real life exists! and work too
                            Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

First I wanted to say that I really , really like your work on lighting, huge improvement over romi's, feels much more natural and easier for an eye with warmer lights colors, lack of overbrights and removal of some unnecessary lights and shadows. You did really great job overall. I'll share some thoughts on your last release v1.8 now.

What you are playing with is a spectacle of light and shadow. If there is too little light there are washed out colors and shadows lacks contrast, even offset mapping effect can look weaker due to lack of colors and contrast. In this new release you started making light sources too weak compared to areas lit by “invisible ambient” sources or shady areas. Like in necropolis lights from flames are so weak that it look odd that this huge flames give so little light. Everything is starting to look a bit grey.

Imo you should stick with consistent among whole pack values for most common light sources and play around them with other lights. You will create consistent brightness level in your packages that way. Don't afraid few bright spots in supposedly dark levels like necropolis, dark corners will look even more dark that way.

There is also this strange light corona over the pit with spike traps at the beginning of e1m6, it looked much better in v1.3... Long story short: I don't know about other episodes but most changes I've spotted in e1 are for worse for me compared to 1.3 where you get lights intensity perfect imo. I especially love your work in e1m2 e1m3 e1m6 there... beautiful.

Also, please post future releases in this thread, it makes no sense to redownload 800MB of data I already have on my drive just to try your new lights and you are getting less feedback on lights themselves that way. These are just my opinions, but we will play quake and mission packs for years to come with your lights, and I hope my feedback will help you make them better. Overall, keep up great work good sir !
                              Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

maybe the problem is my new LED screen!

i worked on it in the last weeks... and it's VERY BRIGHT...

i know, something went bad. You are right about the lights in necropolis, but i like the e1m6 lights as i did in 1.8...

Thank you for the feedback!
                                Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Working...
                                X