No announcement yet.

Inkub0 new RTLIGHTS =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it must be your new monitor. I have decent pva panel but it has 1:1000 real contrast and at night I keep it near 0 brightness because I get best contrast and color reproduction that way and it is still bright enough for night gaming sessions at this setting. But you with LED have different level of backlight in different parts of the screen and level of magnitude better contrast bacause of that. There is simply not enough contrast for my monitor in some places after last changes ;(

1. You should concentrate on levels that are not finished and leave fine tuning alredy nicely done levels for later.
    2. Make it good for yourself but do not try to make lighting contrasts super subtle, it will mean washed out for people with older monitors.
    3. Keep it consistent, I can bump contrast(brightness) setting in e1m3 to overcome my monitor limitations but I'll get overbrights on e1m1 which you didn't changed much since v1.3

e1m6 looks great for me even in v1.8. I meant only this light corona, new corona is so concentrated around the light source that it is clearly visible for the player where it is placed. Old one looks like the light bleed from the light surface. In places like this old corona looks more natural for me. But if you like new one better and it was intentional, do coronas like looks good to you.
    Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Hi inkub0! Your website is completly offline!

Comment

I finally did a fix for the 1.8 version that was bad for many people.
        This is 2.0, because i heavily modified everything adding some minor lights, and i put all deathmatch level in this release =)

see you for another release!

File name: Inkub0-rtlights-2.0.pk3 File size: 351.95 KB
        Last edited by inkub0; 12-02-2011, 07:34 AM.
        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

Thanks a lot, inkub0!

Downloading now, I'm looking forward to try it out tonight.

Comment

We need before/after screenshots!!
            Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbreed View Post
              We need before/after screenshots!!
              i'm too lazy to do it XD
              Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Very nice work man. Just tested in ID1. Congrats.
                Looking forward to MP1/2 if you get a chance.
                There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

i intend to work on MP1 in the mext months... it's still an old school RTLIGHTS file, maybe i can do something better
                  Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Hi

ive been working on r1m1 trying a speed up the slow spots on the map.

my timedemo results went from 91 to 115.

ive slightly reduced the radius of most lites,while trying to keep the same feel.

link`r1m1-rtlights.zip

regards

Sean

Comment

Hi!

I mentioned this prior in the Reflecting Overload topic, but fileserve links no longer work.

I'd like to request a mirror of v2.0 of inkub0's rtlights files!

Comment

gotta love fileserve

heres a reupload to mediafire
                        Inkub0-rtlights-2.0.pk3
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hi

@splitterface

please dont get me wrong, but maybe inkub0 should be the one to upload his pack.

regards

Sean

Comment

and maybe you should stop using bold text all the time.
                            doesnt look cool or something if you think that, makes you look like a fucking idiot

it is meant merely as a temp solution till inkub0 reuploads it himself.
                            im not claiming its mine or such, merely providing a temp download option for people cuz fileserve dont work anymore
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

@splitterface

i dont care one bit what you think of my bold text...it's my right.

dont trash talk me unless your face to face with me.

please dont post other peoples files before they get a chance.

Comment

Thanks for the re-upload!
                                Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X