Inkub0 new RTLIGHTS =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inkub0 new RTLIGHTS =)

I upgraded and enhanced ROMI rtlights...
    here is the file =)

Inkub0 RTLIGHTS 2.0
    File name: Inkub0-rtlights-2.0.pk3 File size: 351.95 KB

Inkub0-romi-rtlights-1.0

Inkub0-romi-rtlights-1.2
    (added cubemaps and tuned 1s episode)

DOWNLOAD IT - Inkub0-romi-rtlights-1.3
    (tuned 2nd episode)

I found that romi did a good work but... he did not understood the real Darkplaces capabilities. (or maybe some features were not added at that time). I added many new lights, tried to make some scenes lighter for the GPU (especially lights near water) and used much the diffuse value to create softer and not overburned areas... so... try it and post your comments and screenshots (like before-after). I think it's cool to use it with 0,2 of original lightmaps (see in DP menu)

my vision of quake is more dark than romi... but i tried to change the less possible. I removed a bit of color in that yellow lights of the 4 bases... and many other things

- there is a README file in the pk3 file.

then the 1.4 release will be adjusted with your suggestions
    Last edited by inkub0; 08-29-2012, 02:34 PM.
    Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

hi inkub0,if nobody else write something...
    i like it. a little bit darker then romis.
    i like it dark too :-) thank you!!!

I have much better (~+10) FPS with your .rtlights. GREAT!!!

Comment

psst....psssssstttttt....No one has done rtlights for DoE/MP2
      *hint hint*

Comment

if you compare my rtlights with romi, you will see more lights. i added more or less 100 lights in all the game, and removed about unuseful 20 ones. This causes an overall increase of visual quality without sacrifice FPS! =)

@ ooppee dont worry ...i'm already working on Dissolution of Eternity

@ guys who can do shaders:
        is it possible to create a shader that make "transparent to light" the FLAME model? so we can forget that f**king shadow of the flame =)

HERE IS THE DEMO of start map of DoE. put it in /ROGUE/MAPS/ folder
        Last edited by inkub0; 01-22-2011, 01:47 AM.
        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

I downloaded and dropped it directly into ID1 folder, I am going to assume its working just because its in that folder

Your link is broken ( http://hellcathq.com/h2tp/Quake/ )

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /h2tp/Quake/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
          @ guys who can do shaders: is it possible to create a shader that make "transparent to light" the FLAME model? so we can forget that f**king shadow of the flame =)
          Is this why the flame model looks so retarded "Blackish",and really dark?
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
            thats some crazy ish
            SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
            THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
            sigpic

Comment

nice rtlights inkub0

just viewed them on a few of my favorite maps and can see a big difference
              right away.

regards

Comment

Your link is broken ( http://hellcathq.com/h2tp/Quake/ )
                No i havent a Quake Website, but i'll build it soon...

the problem is that the flame is a real world object like an ammo box or a monster... and so it does the same things: is a solid and casting-shadows object... but a flame must not be that!!! i hate the shadow of that moving flames on walls !
                Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

@ inkub0

No, what Mindf!3ldzX meant is:
                  You gave us a link in your Post #4. Thats good.
                  But when you klick that link it leads to nowhere !
                  Please correct your link, or tell us why you gave us this link

Regarding flame shadow:
                  If you use the sprite torch (extracted from DPmod) there are no shadows.
                  At least in my setup.

Thank you for your hard work on the rtlights.
                  I am waiting longingly for the MP2 rtlights (just like OoPpEe)
                  I like the little brighter Quake, that Romi provides.
                  But thats just a personal thing of course.

Kind Regards,
                  Seven

Comment

fixed... sorry =) now you can download the demo (sorry for you seven ,but it's veeeery dark )

flame shadow: yes the sprite torch will fix the problem, but i need to embed it in my DoE rtlights to get the result... and some people dont like it :/

get Quake brighter: use original lightmaps in DP menu. maybe 0.4 its a good value for you =)
                    Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Looks great. My only suggestion - the side of the "teleporter" that you jump onto to start the episode. They have a glowing texture that fades in red - but you don't have any light source coming from them. See if you could add that and make it fade in/out with the texture. Doesn't have to be a bright light - but it just seems weird to have that glowing light from the side of the teleporter but no light is actually given off.

Comment

i dont understand what teleport you are talking about ???

the two slipgates have the fading red light... and the teleporters have the fading white light (as seen in romi rtlights) can you help me to find it?
                        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Originally posted by ooppee View Post
                          ... the side of the "teleporter" that you jump onto to start the episode.

I bet OoPpEe meant the slipgate
                          (but was simply too tired to remember the name due to heavy modding all night long)

Regarding "enhancing" Romi´s rtlights:
                          Inkub0, did you know that Romi needed over 1 year to create his rtlights ?
                          There are a thousands of lights that he placed and colored very carefully.
                          So "enhancing" is maybe the wrong word. Make a "variation" would fit better i guess.
                          A "variation" is always a personal modification.

Kind Regards,
                          Seven

Comment

i wrote "enhanced" because his RTLIGHTS dont use the "diffuse" and "ambient" variables that can make lights more realistic.

I'm doing the same romi's work on Dissolution of Eternity.
                            I hope you will like it =) (doing the r1m1 )
                            Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Thank you very much for doing the Mission Pack 2 rtlights my friend.
                              But take your time. It surely needs a lot of it...

I am really happy about it.

Regarding your suggestion to use lightmaps value:
                              I have only "RT World lightmaps" in my DP options.
                              You are reffering to: "use original lightmaps in DP menu".
                              Do you mean the same thing ?

My value for "RT World lightmaps" is "0.4" (when using Romi´s rtlights).

Best wishes,
                              Seven

Comment

Working...
                              X