No announcement yet.

Shambler Castle - Vore, Scrag, Fiend + Gibs (Version 2) + Axe Added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The default? D: I use fov 105 and I don't have that problem..
    200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
    14/05/1811

Comment

I will look into fixing it this week
      Will be a easy fix, just shift that animations origin a bit. It's caused by the model going into the screen - resulting in you seeing inside the model and the polygons are only 1 sided.

Comment

If Lightning_Hunter has this issue at 90 (he uses Qrack)
        and daniocampo1992 doesnt have this issue at 105 (he uses DP),
        then it is most probably engine dependent.

If OoPpEe will change the origin, it might kill the bug in Qrack,
        but will lead to a strange view in DP.

While looking at the screen from Lightning_Hunter, OoPpEe must shift it quite MUCH.

Please keep this in mind OoPpEe.
        But maybe I am wrong of course.

EDITED:
        Just read your post, that the model is only one sided.
        Then you could do the same trick as you did for the laser my friend.
        You remember, we emailed about it several months back.
        You put the texture on both sides (could be done via shader and "CULL" command for DP, but Qrack doesnt support shaders).
        /EDITED:

Comment

it'd only be the animation that is shifted. The model origin itself wouldn't be changed at all. From looking at the screenshot it's just the very end polygons on the arm that go into the screen - so I might be able to fix it by simply shifting the model forward a bit on that animation or on just those few first frames. I will test it at 90 in DP and see if it appears, if it does then oops my bad lol. Then I will test my fov in QRack and see if it's visible there - if it is - then it is engine related.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
            If Lightning_Hunter has this issue at 90 (he uses Qrack)
            and daniocampo1992 doesnt have this issue at 105 (he uses DP),
            then it is most probably engine dependent.

If OoPpEe will change the origin, it might kill the bug in Qrack,
            but will lead to a strange view in DP.

While looking at the screen from Lightning_Hunter, OoPpEe must shift it quite MUCH.

Please keep this in mind OoPpEe.
            But maybe I am wrong of course.
            Ok, an FOV of "90" is NOT just used in Qrack. It's used in every single Quake engine out there, minus DP. Even the ORIGINAL Quake.exe uses an FOV of "90". So does GLQuake, Winquake, and all other custom engines. This means that every single custom weapon released to date works with an FOV of "90". Changing that now for one SINGLE engine would be silly. All of Plague's weapons work with an FOV of "90", as does every other custom weapon release I've seen. If those work fine in DP, then so will this. Sometimes it annoys me when people assume that all problems are related to Qrack, when all other engines act the same. It's actually Darkplaces that changed all this stuff, so in a way, you could put the blame on that.

Comment

That's why I said engine related, not engine bugged. Something that works in DP perfectly may not work in others due to DP changing many things, the reverse concept works the same too. DP has issues running some things that work perfectly on all other engines.
              The Mission Pack 2 Plasma Gun is a major one. A "official weapon" doesn't work (unless you use my fix for DP) but works in every other engine I've used.

Comment

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
                That's why I said engine related, not engine bugged. Something that works in DP perfectly may not work in others due to DP changing many things, the reverse concept works the same too. DP has issues running some things that work perfectly on all other engines.
                The Mission Pack 2 Plasma Gun is a major one. A "official weapon" doesn't work (unless you use my fix for DP) but works in every other engine I've used.
                I actually wasn't referring to your post. I didn't see your post until I posted mine! I was just responding to what Seven said. To me, it looked like he was trying to persuade you to ditch support in other Quake engines and just focus on DP... That's all I was getting at.

Sorry if you didn't mean it in quite that way, Seven.

Comment

Yes Lightning_Hunter,

that was a misunderstanding.
                  I only helped OoPpEe to pay attention that you use Qrack (cause you didnt mention it in your post).
                  It helps A LOT in root cause finding.

Things are handled differently in engines.
                  Thats why I wanted to point it out, that he tests it in Qrack as well.
                  I only showed him the different behaviour, and that he should test both.

But why you say:
                  it looked like he was trying to persuade you to ditch support in other Quake engines and just focus on DP
                  Exactly the opposite is the case, Lightning_Hunter.
                  I hope from my words in this post, it is better understandable.

In the end, I only wanted to help you.

DarkPlaces of course also uses fov 90 as default (by the way).

@ OoPpEe,
                  please read my edit in my post #19.
                  Maybe it helps you.

Comment

The culling would be a nice fix, but many other engines don't support it - so the adjusting of animation would be the ideal fix and due to the speed of the animation - it wouldn't be noticeable much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Yes Lightning_Hunter,

that was a misunderstanding.
                      I only helped OoPpEe to pay attention that you use Qrack (cause you didnt mention it in your post).
                      It helps A LOT in root cause finding.

Things are handled differently in engines.
                      Thats why I wanted to point it out, that he tests it in Qrack as well.
                      I only showed him the different behaviour, and that he should test both.

But why you say:

Exactly the opposite is the case, Lightning_Hunter.
                      I hope from my words in this post, it is better understandable.

In the end, I only wanted to help you.

DarkPlaces of course also uses fov 90 as default (by the way).

@ OoPpEe,
                      please read my edit in my post #19.
                      Maybe it helps you.
                      Ok, well I apologize then. Sometimes it's easy to assume that people will automatically ditch the users of other engines, since DP seems to have a great presence here in these forums. Some of the great mods and works around here can't be used in Qrack, after all!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the fixed axe. I actually made a better axe texture for people who don't use DP by combining the norm & gloss with the regular texture. The result came out great. Ooppee, do you want this version to post on this thread for users of other engines?

Here is a screen of it in Qrack:
                      Last edited by Lightning_Hunter; 05-01-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Your axe's origin appears to be VERY different than what the download has. I updated the Axe awhile back, looks like you still have the old version. The updated version has basically the same origin as the original axe.

[Edit] Issue is still there in QRack - so I will look into a better fix. In this case it actually looks like moving the model BACK instead of forward.

Comment

I just downloaded it this morning. To double check, I just now downloaded it again, and the date on the file is identical. Maybe you uploaded the wrong version?

Comment

Ah wasn't the case. The model's position is different in widescreen in Qrack compared to DP.

I fixed the issue you mentioned

UPDATED AXE
                            http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi...stl-Axe-v2.zip

Comment

It's better, but I can still see it a little:

Comment

Hmmm I cannot replicate that in Qrack at all with the updated version. I even switched from Widescreen to 4:3 and still don't get it.
                                I'm also testing with "host_framerate 0.01" so the entire game is VERY slow and not seeing it at all.
                                Was able to replicate the issue in QRack with the old version no problem.
                                I'll lower the model a bit more on the first frame.

What resolution are you playing at? Or can you PM me your config file so I have everything I'd need to replicate this?

Comment

Working...
                                X