Ranger HUD Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger HUD Face

Wasn't fully happy with the Ranger HUD faces that are already available, so I used my limited Photoshop skills to make my own from the Ranger skin in Quake 3. So yeah, enjoy

Download

Nice job.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Whoa- I love em!
        (note I'm critiquing from a first glance, but will install it and try it out too)

The face looks like they guy's in a lot of pain or rage- which is awesome.

The blue screaming (presumably Quad Damage) face is hardcore! I

My only complaint are the other glowing-eye faces; the expression is awesome, but the eyes themselves are too big and look like he's thrown on a pair of novelty goggles or something- I'd shrink em down to the same size as the blue eyes (or even smaller but brighter- so it looks like he's got some intense burning powerful energy churning inside,)

All in all, fantastic work!!!!
        Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
        Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

I love these! downloaded immeatiately! LOL

Comment

Excellent work! Most of the hud faces a some kind of gay-looking, but this one is very close to original Quake-Guy face, filled with rage and fury!
            By the way, I always wondered why faces wit powerups have no damage levels - their only exist for 100% health value. Is there a way to modify hud faces ingame by adding some attributes to actual face states - i.e. adding eye-glow (blue for a quad, red for a penta and violet for their combination), shading face when wearing ring of shadows while keeping eyes visible with all that blood on a helmet and eye-glow from powerups. Maybe add breathing mask when biosuit is on. Is it possible at all?

Comment

I believe only by engine editing. I haven't seen any player face HUD things in the source code while working on my mod.

Comment

Yes, I understand that this is not already existing future, but if you said that there is likely no way to do it via editing progs.dat, then this task becomes much harder to do cause not so many people can do something with game engine.

And by the way - sorry for my english if something in my words is not clear =D

Comment

Glad you all like them. I would be happy to do damage faces for quad (pent obviously you take no damage, and invis, you wouldn't see the damage ) if this feature were added in the future.

Hazza - Interesting point. I basically used the same effect/expression as the "other" quake guy HUD face thats available (sorry, I don't remember who its by, but you all know what I mean)

Comment

>pent obviously you take no damage
                    Sure, but you can take penta while already being damaged.
                    But until there is no such future - then there is no point in our discussion.

Comment

Thanks a lot, they indeed look awesome, ranger who is in rage mode....
                      FPS Source Ports

Comment

Wow thank you very much! I was about to do this but my photoshop skills are not enough yet..
                        Sincerely I don't like the hi-res one I'm using..
                        200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
                        14/05/1811

Comment

I simply love 'em. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazza View Post
                            My only complaint are the other glowing-eye faces; the expression is awesome, but the eyes themselves are too big and look like he's thrown on a pair of novelty goggles or something- I'd shrink em down to the same size as the blue eyes (or even smaller but brighter- so it looks like he's got some intense burning powerful energy churning inside,)
                            I agree with this. I know one is for the Pent what's the other? Quad + Pent? Having a simple moment
                            If it is, give it the same glow effect as the Quad (as you have the Quad too) just with the color. I myself go for a more redish purple as Quad (Blue) + Pent (Red). Straight purple wouldn't give off that powerful look. So I'd go for something like:
                            R: 128
                            G: 64
                            B: 96
                            in color.

Aside from that, this is a 9/10. Those 2 changes would make it a 10/10 (eye glow size and the Pent/Quad face glow)

Comment

Very good work!

Comment

Working...
                              X