High Quality Music Packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Quality Music Packs

I don't have any skills to make the great textures and models the rest of you do... but I have some skills in other areas, hence I made these high quality music packs for Quake, SoA, DoE, Shrak, X-Men and Malice.

All the music is taken from my original CD's and was ripped using EAC with secure offset correction (including the disc's write offset) and compressed in highest quality ogg VBR.

I wasn't happy with the quality of the previously available packs, so I made these to share with the community, I hope you enjoy them.

I make them into pk3 files and tested them all, just drop them into the respective folders (ID1, ROGUE, HIPNOTIC, MALICE, SHRAK or XMEN) and enjoy. =]

Quake

Scourge of Armagon

Shrak 2.0

X-Men Ravages of Apocalypse

Dissolution of Eternity

Malice
    Last edited by Roy Batty; 12-31-2015, 05:25 AM. Reason: Updated links & some new stuff
    Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Thanks! I also fixed the links for you (edit: and you appear to be fixing it now anyways judging from profiles current activity lol)

Comment

Yeps, I noticed right away and fixed them

Comment

Didn't id3 tag them ah well did that already. These are 320kbs when most you find are 256kps tops.

For those who always id3 tag their stuff:
        For Quake - artist is Trent Reznor
        For Dissolution of Eternity - artist is Jeehun Hwang
        For Scourge of Armagon - artist is also Jeehun Hwang
        For Malice - artist is James D. Anderson

Comment

Nice
          uakene.com

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Thanks a lot for the contribution, i also use EAC myself, best cd ripper out there, great stuff, thanks again.
              FPS Source Ports

Comment

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
                Nope, it is Nine Inch Nails.
                Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                  Nope, it is Nine Inch Nails.
                  I copy/pasted this from the readme.txt off the quake 1 cd I have:

"We would also like to thank Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails for
                  their tremendous contributions to Quake's entire audio portion."

You both are correct.

Comment

Trent Reznor IS NIN =] So yeah your both correct.

I wasn't able to find titles for the songs, so that's why I didn't tag them.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Batty View Post
                      Trent Reznor IS NIN =] So yeah your both correct.

I wasn't able to find titles for the songs, so that's why I didn't tag them.
                      There are no official titles according to this, which I think might be the most reliable resource about the Quake 1 soundtrack: Quake Soundtrack - NinWiki

Also, thank you for these high quality music packs!
                      Last edited by schlichte; 07-26-2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Roy: Have you or anyone else noticed some severe lagging and crash trying to play an OGG track with extreme quality? I think maybe its because the mp3 files I am converting over to ogg were done at high quality? its either that, or maybe if you load an ID map that is suppose to play a certain bgm track, and you sell it to play another, it creates problems? Had DP crash 2 times today on me with this problem...and it said it was stopping some other sounds happening during combat in order to play the cd track...weird.

Also it seems only the latest Darkplaces verison lets you put the ogg files in the folder and play them, and other previous versions tell you there is no cd in the player....or is there a way to point it to the new files on the hard drive?
                        Last edited by Cobalt; 08-19-2011, 04:33 PM. Reason: hindsight

Comment

.../quake/(mod folder)/sounds/cdtracks
                          There is where you put the ogg files to get them to play.

As of the crashing, haven't noticed any at all with me and I have a HEAVILY modded up Quake with all the custom files I use - so if anyone should be getting crashes - I should be. However I am not even with these.

Comment

Interesting. Thats where I have them. Have you converted to OGG from MP3 and used the highest quality out there? Thats what I did, using this site:

Online Audio Converter (MP3, WAV, Ogg, WMA, M4A, AAC) – media.io

Im still trying to isolate what the problem is, and so far it only happens with ID maps after I play one of my custom tracks in the con, IE: play cd 014

If I listen very carefully I can hear it crackling near the end, my FPS goes down, and after it ends, I can still hear some of the music playing randomly in the speakers. Crashes and sometimes says sfx overload...and sometimes when I make the track play in the con, it tells me its stopping other wav files playing on other channels 22- 39 for example, to play the cd track. I am guessing maybe the ID map is trying to play the CD's default track for that map, and maybe if I manually play more than one track over what its buffering, it causes problems. Later I will try just using an impulse to play a track with the SVC_CD command in QC and see if it happens.

.../quake/(mod folder)/sounds/cdtracks
                            There is where you put the ogg files to get them to play.

As of the crashing, haven't noticed any at all with me and I have a HEAVILY modded up Quake with all the custom files I use - so if anyone should be getting crashes - I should be. However I am not even with these.

Comment

It's possible you have some codec pack installed which is trying to play the files through the filter. Things like that WILL cause issues.

I can't really think of anything else that would cause such an issue except not enough ram or too slow CPU.

These tracks are VBR and can be anywhere from 200kbps to 320kbps or so.

If you want to transcode some mp3's I suggest using lame to unpack them back to .wav, then re-encode them with oggenc, rather than try to use some badly made shareware tool (or web app) to transcode them.

:EDIT:

Yes it's possible since your trying to play a track out of the normal track range, that it's trying to play 2 tracks at once, which will cause a conflict.

Comment

Working...
                              X