X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.quaddicted.com/files/music/
    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

erm... how would i have to name the files of nehahra and travail sound-trakcs for DP?
      which files have to have which number for using them with darkplaces?

i know where they should go in darkplaces, but which order should the tracks be named?
      Last edited by talisa; 02-28-2013, 06:21 AM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hello Splitterface,

You need ogg vorbis music files for your favorite engine if you want to play with music files on your harddisc.
        Or burn the files to a CD and put it in your drive.

Travail:
        If you are not sure how to name the music files, you should download them from the Travail homepage.
        As far as I know, the naming of those files is according to your favorite engine.
        You only need to convert them to ogg vorbis then.
        There is also a "ready-to-go" music-pack with correct DP naming and format for Travail available.
        They start as usual with track002.ogg in the known subfolder (travail/sound/cdtracks). So with 11 music files, you will end with: track012.ogg.

Nehahra:
        You can use the ogg vorbis music-pack from Spirits homepage for your favorite engine.
        Spirit converted them for you already (from .xm via .wav to .ogg)
        The file naming and subfolder naming is an interesting can of worms for Nehahra !
        If you want to use the music files as they originally came with Nehahra (inside "mods" subfolder), you need an engine that supports Nehahra´s extension: playmod/stopmod
        Nehahra uses/starts music in specific points in their maps. It triggers them via additional qc functions (with play2 command).
        As you know, original Quake starts the music at map start and loops it infinitely.

Your favorite engine does not support this playmod anymore in current condition. Either use an old build, or start your Nehahra music files regularly at map start (see below).

To know which music file is used for which Nehahra map, you need to look into the .bsp´s itself.
        If you do not have a .bsp editor installed, you can also use .ent files (created from them). Look into Nehahras .ent files to find out which music file is used in which map, then start them the regular Quake way:
        Set/declare it in the worldspawn block via "sounds".
        "Sounds" "5" starts track005.ogg for example.

So you only have to rename the Nehahra music files into that trackxxx sheme and put them into the standard subfolder (Nehahra/sound/cdtracks).
        Your favorite engine will play the correct music file with the help of the modified .ent files then.

To give you a start:
        Neh1m1.bsp uses: neh4
        Neh1m2.bsp uses: neh8
        Neh1m3.bsp uses: neh3

Kind regards,
        Seven

Comment

oh, just noticed i already had travail music when i just checked

thanx for the info, ill look into nehahra musics
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Open sesame!
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Thank you Mindf!3ldzX

The first post shall contain updated links shortly, and the definitive HD thread from talisa also has them.

I have since obtained both versions of Shrak, but only 2.0 has CDDA and I will convert those to .ogg as well. I also have now many many other Quake shovelware discs, but I think none of them have music like the others.

:EDIT:

Turns out X-Men Ravages of Apocalypse has CDDA too so I also ripped and made a pk3 of them.
              Last edited by Roy Batty; 12-31-2015, 05:28 AM.
              Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Batty View Post
                Thank you Mindf!3ldzX

The first post shall contain updated links shortly, and the definitive HD thread from talisa also has them.

I have since obtained both versions of Shrak, but only 2.0 has CDDA and I will convert those to .ogg as well. I also have now many many other Quake shovelware discs, but I think none of them have music like the others.

:EDIT:

Turns out X-Men Ravages of Apocalypse has CDDA too so I also ripped and made a pk3 of them.
                you are the man when it comes to quake audio!
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Can someone upload a ready to go Nehahra soundtrack for Darkplaces?
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Download it as long as its there: click me

I assume you know, that music is handled a bit different in nehahra, so be aware of it.
                    Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Download it as long as its there: click me

I assume you know, that music is handled a bit different in nehahra, so be aware of it.
                      Have fun.
                      Thanks Seven, but tried and I don't hear the Nehahra soundtrack, but standard quake soundtrack. All the .ogg files are inside the sound/cdtracks folder. What I did wrong?
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

I've had this problem with mods both fan made and retail. Create a clone of your installation and put your mods files (in this case Nehahra) into the ID1 folder as if you were installing the mod into a real dos/win quake install. It will then work as you desire.
                        Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

I can modify via .ent files the soundtrack to create a ready to go version that works inside sounds/cdtracks like other mods if someone can help me in telling in which levels are used the tracks.
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Need a complete list of Nehahara maps and which track they use, for example Seven posted that Neh1m1.bsp uses neh1m4 and continued til neh1m3.bsp but then? I've saved the .ent files of every map to check for the track used, but Neh1m1 uses track 2 and not 4. What a mess with Neh soundtrack
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Hello Blood Vengeance,

Please read my post #33 from previous page again as well as this post.

You will see that the nehahra mod uses additional music ambience features.
                              That is why there is more music than the worldspawn track. And that is why the regular .ent file creation as you would do it for other maps/mods does not lead to 100% success in nehahra. You have to look into the code to see how nehahra handles music (see my 2 links to other posts above).

If you search neh1m1.ent for .xm for example you will find the neh4.xm music file path. It is even set in info_start.

You need an engine that supports these features to make full use of nehahras audio ambience, or you can make dummy copies of the .xm music and call them track0xxx.ogg and load them in worldspawn, so that they will be played infinitely during the whole map.

Best wishes,
                              Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                                Hello Blood Vengeance,

Please read my post #33 from previous page again as well as this post.

You will see that the nehahra mod uses additional music ambience features.
                                That is why there is more music than the worldspawn track. And that is why the regular .ent file creation as you would do it for other maps/mods does not lead to 100% success in nehahra. You have to look into the code to see how nehahra handles music (see my 2 links to other posts above).

If you search neh1m1.ent for .xm for example you will find the neh4.xm music file path. It is even set in info_start.

You need an engine that supports these features to make full use of nehahras audio ambience, or you can make dummy copies of the .xm music and call them track0xxx.ogg and load them in worldspawn, so that they will be played infinitely during the whole map.

Best wishes,
                                Seven
                                Mmm I'll take a look, I don't surrender! Thanks Seven
                                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X