Quake 64 Ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake 64 Ultra

Hi everyone, this is my mod for Quake and the DirectQ port of it. This mod makes the game look and sound like the n64 version. This is the closet I can get to the n64 version.

Here are the downloads, I made two versions for different reasons:

Download Quake 64 Ultra.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here is the ready to go version, all you need is DirectQ and your copies of the pak0 & pak1 files and glquake folder from your id1 folder.
    It has:
    Quake 64 Ultra icon (In case if you want to change your DirectQ icon.)
    The Count of Death (Acrophobia renamed) deathmatch map (dm7.bsp).
    The n64 nailgun (rocket1i.wav) and lightinggun (lhit.wav) sound effects.
    A faq that tells you how to put rocket1i.wav, lhit.wav and dm7.bsp in the pak files.
    A custom id1 folder (Put your copies of the pak0 & pak1 files and glquake folder from your id1 folder in here.)
    The custom id1 folder has:
    The n64 soundtrack
    The n64 textures
    A Maps folder that contains LIT files of all the maps and custom copied versions of all the Quake bsp files so the levels will play the corrected music and colored sky.
    A custom progs.dat file (This will play the Story Screen and Ending tracks on the congraduations and ending screens. If you're going to play the mission packs or anything else, you have to moved this out of the Quake 64 Ultra folder because it will make them not work right. This only works on regular Quake.)

Download q64.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here's the standalone version if you don't want them in the id1 folder and want to use the mod on other ports beside DirectQ.
    It has:
    The Count of Death (Acrophobia renamed) deathmatch map (dm7.bsp).
    The n64 nailgun (rocket1i.wav) and lightinggun (lhit.wav) sound effects.
    A faq that tells you how to put rocket1i.wav, lhit.wav and dm7.bsp in the pak files.
    The n64 soundtrack
    The n64 textures
    A Maps folder that contains LIT files of all the maps and custom copied versions of all the Quake bsp files so the levels will play the corrected music and colored sky.
    A custom progs.dat file (This will play the Story Screen and Ending tracks on the congraduations and ending screens. If you're going to play the mission packs or anything else, you have to moved this out of the Q64 folder because it will make them not work right. This only works on regular Quake.)

I also did the mission packs:

Scourge of Armagon 64

Download Scourge of Armagon 64.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here is the ready to go version, all you need is DirectQ, your copies of the pak0, pak1 & pak2 files and glquake folder from your id1 folder and these Quake 64 Ultra files: The n64 gun sound effects for pak0 and the n64 textures.
    It has:
    Scourge of Armagon 64 icon (In case if you want to change your DirectQ icon.)
    A custom id1 folder (Put your copies of the pak0, pak1 & pak2 files and glquake folder in here.)
    The n64 soundtrack (I had to change them around a bit so it would play the Stats Screen, Story Screen and Ending tracks on the right spots.)
    A Maps folder that contains LIT files of all the maps and custom copied versions of all the SOA bsp files so the levels will play the corrected music and colored sky.

Download soa64.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here's the standalone version if you don't want them in the id1 folder and want to use the mod on other ports beside DirectQ, you'll need these Quake 64 Ultra files: The n64 gun sound effects for pak0 and the n64 textures.
    It has:
    The n64 soundtrack (I had to change them around a bit so it would play the Stats Screen, Story Screen and Ending tracks on the right spot.)
    Maps folders that contains LIT files of all the maps and custom copied versions of all the SOA bsp files so the levels will play the corrected music and colored sky.

Dissolution of Eternity 64

Download Dissolution of Eternity 64.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here is the ready to go version, all you need is DirectQ, your copies of the pak0, pak1 & pak2 files and glquake folder from your id1 folder and these Quake 64 Ultra files: The n64 gun sound effects for pak0 and the n64 textures.
    It has:
    Dissolution of Eternity 64 icon (In case if you want to change your DirectQ icon.)
    A custom id1 folder (Put your copies of the pak0, pak1 & pak2 files and glquake folder in here.)
    The n64 soundtrack (I had to change them around a bit so it would play the Main Theme track on the right spot.)
    A Maps folder that contains LIT files of all the maps and custom copied versions of all the DOE bsp files so the levels will play the corrected music and colored sky.

Download doe64.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here's the standalone version if you don't want them in the id1 folder and want to use the mod on other ports beside DirectQ, you'll need these Quake 64 Ultra files: The n64 gun sound effects for pak0 and the n64 textures.
    It has:
    The n64 soundtrack (I had to change them around a bit so it would play the Main Theme track on the right spot.)
    Maps folders that contains LIT files of all the maps and custom copied versions of all the DOE bsp files so the levels will play the corrected music and colored sky.

Make sure you change your hud to the Quake 64 hud to get the real Quake 64 experience.

This is my first time uploading a mod, so I'm hoping everything works right and I'm hoping that I uploaded them right. If there's a problem, let me know and I'll fix it.

Here are screenshots of the game in action. (I couldn't upload them all, so I did this instead.):
    Download screenshot.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

I want to thank:
    Baker for helping me to realize I can make the mod.
    Elbryan42 for uploading the soundtrack on his music channel on YouTube.
    MH for DirectQ and the LIT Files.
    OoPpEe for the gun sound effects and the liquid, teleport and sky textures.
    R00k for helping me on certain parts of the mod.
    My brother for helping me on certain parts of the mod.
    Aubrey Hodges for making a great soundtrack for the n64 version.
    Midway for making a great port of Quake.
    Id Software for making a great game.

Thanks for your efforts, and everyone else involved. I will give this a go.
    Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

sorry to revive this thread, but the sendspace links are dead anyone have a copy of this they can upload to like media fire? i'd love to try this out.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadowRage View Post
        sorry to revive this thread, but the sendspace links are dead anyone have a copy of this they can upload to like media fire? i'd love to try this out.
        Me too.

Comment

And me.
          I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Comment

Are these posted anywhere else? Maybe they can be added to quadicted?

Comment

Any news?? Still dead...
              MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

someone is bound to have it,maybe Sylux does.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

no, i do not have a copy of this. to be honest, i didnt even know this existed!
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Dead links are everywhere! As it usually goes when one wants to download a file they are redirected to the SORRY BUT THIS FILE IS INVALID OR NO LONGER EXSISTS page
                    Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

anybody have the file to upload?
                      My Avatars!
                      Quake Leagues
                      Quake 1.5!!!
                      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                        anybody have the file to upload?

No, I am sorry.
                        But your avatar gets cooler everytime I see it

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                          No, I am sorry.
                          But your avatar gets cooler everytime I see it
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

This was a "nothing worth" project.
                            I think no one had a copy of this. Maybe OoPpEe -> LHB has one?!
                            He did most of the work!

FYI... Here is the wip thread:
                            http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...onversion.html
                            Last edited by webangel; 05-29-2013, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by webangel View Post
                              This was a "nothing worth" project.
                              I think no one had a copy of this.
                              Ah damn, this looks like it would have been fun to mess around with!

Comment

Working...
                              X