No announcement yet.

Quake Animated-REFLECTING-OVERLOAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errr, if you are using a port like Darkplaces (I assume you do), you don't have to mess with the .pak files at all. Just put the ent files into a map dir, zip it, rename it to something like "id_lights.pk3" (.zip ending is not supported, but .pk3 is) and put it into your ID1 subdir. That should be it.
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Or just create your maps folder in id1 and put the ent files there. Either way will get you results.

Comment

i cant get both to work at the same time. i put my ent files i got way before this came out in my maps folder and i loose all the effects. if i put the files into a folder named maps, zip it and rename the file extension to pk3 it has no effect at all. when i remove the ent files altogether i get rain and fog in some maps with the effects working 100% and lots of textures not loading in many diff maps and my sky texture not working on half the maps

Comment

Yes. I am using darkplaces. Ok. not sure whats up but I replayed E1M1 to see how my other installed mods were working and the rain/fog effects were in full glory?..I thought I had to manually take care of getting them to work?...there were no weather effects in E1M3 or 4 which is where I had saved my game and was playing originally...maybe these were already enabled by default by webangel? Anyways Thanks to your suggestions I'm sure I can get it straightened out. However I have a new issue that popped up while playing E1M1....missing textures? (see pics) Opening up the REFLECTING-OVERLOAD.pk3 I saw what I believe are the missing textures in the "textures" folder? So something is causing a conflict?...Any ideas? PS...I'm a noob here so if any of my issues make you slap your forehead in frustration..I'm sorry....learning as I'm going.

Comment

PS...I'm using the QRP texture pack...So..thinking that might be the conflict. PPS. I saw the comment on the 1st post about using the command "r_texture_dds_load" "1" in your config?...this must be in there to get all things working?. what is DDS? I put this command in my config..played E1M1..then quit...when I opened my config...it was not there?...was deleted?...weird.

Comment

DDS is the texture file format along with TGA or JPG or any other. It is used in subject pack.
              You need to enable its support with console comand in DP to see it. If you won't - then you'll see this checkered pattern instead of animated textures, cause shader files "tell" engine to use specific texture files with DDS extension, but until DDS is disabled - engine cannot read these files.

Always RTFM before asking, all the things I said are written in readme for this pack! You wouldn't have these problems if you have read it!

Comment

I DID read the readme's that were included in this download...nothing in there pertaining to missing textures or DDS...the command to enable DDS ("r_texture_dds_load" "1") isn't even in the pack anywhere?. I found it on the 1st post of this thread! Perhaps you should go back and read them?.

Comment

Just put this string in your autoexec.cfg:
                  "r_texture_dds_load" "1"
                  and try it again.

Or just type in console:
                  r_texture_dds_load 1

Actually, I just tried to repeat such error as you have, but I could not - with pack file everything reflects and blinks, without it I just have static textures. No errors at all.
                  Last edited by FC Zvyozdochka; 01-04-2012, 01:49 AM.

Comment

i def typed that dds line in the console and do get plenty of the animated textures but still get a bunch that dont load. im just reporting these problems to try and help bc the probs def exist, not to mention the conflicting problems this pack has with other custom textures/effects

Comment

Gorgeous mod, but I too found textures failing to load. Playing around & tweaking with reflections only posted above got more to load but one element that never loads is the stained glass window.
                      Running the full mod has far too much lag for me. I'd love to see a release that has options.

Comment

UPDATE:
                        DL'd Rygel's texture pak and had got textures back. One was listed as missing in the console 'Default_01" when the demo loaded but I did not see it. Still suffered too low a framerate so I may go shopping for a video card so this mod makes the game look so awesome.
                        One texture that was missing previously I noted was animated broken panel with sparks and smoke coming out. Nice touch! Maybe that's a hint why some textures are not loading though.

Comment

Hello MaxxAmmo,
                          you donīt need Rygels Pack. QRP is fine.

Please enable DDS:
                          Originally posted by webangel View Post
                          And you have to enable your DDS feature with:

"r_texture_dds_load" "1"

Type this into the console or into your config.cfg AND RESTART your Darkplaces!!!

Comment

Was trying to get QRP and realized the link on Downloads page labeled...

"Quake Retexture Project Plus Plagues Pak" links you to the incorrect download.

So maybe the prob. was I never really got the QRP when I thought I had dl'ed already.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here!

Just wanted to inform you that, at least in the US, it seems that the download links are inaccessable. Fileserve requires you to log in, says that "you can only download your own files".

I hereby request a mirror!

Comment

lol fileserve and filesonic both got scared by the possible threat of pipa and sopa after megaupload got closed down, and they quickly changed that so they wouldnt risk being arrested for illegal file-sharing.

here's a mediafire link for ya peeps
                                zReflecting_Overload.zip
                                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                                X