No announcement yet.

Quake Animated-REFLECTING-OVERLOAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Splitterface After further testing, it turns out that the primary reason for the overall FPS hit (aside from stained glass in start.map) is bloom and HDR bloom combined with QRP textures. I was consistently getting 45fps near the beginning of E2M1 with the 3 grunts and 2 dogs. After disabling bloom and HDR bloom, the floor went up to 70fps. Yes, I hope DarkHavoc (or someone else - it's open source right?) implements multithreading and other optimizations. It's really interesting that Rygel's 3GB of textures don't load the GPU as much as QRP does. A few of the Rygel textures actually look more detailed, such as the grass on the ground in E1M1 around the bridge.

@CassyCade Would you please list the cvars or point me at the readme? I'd like to check that out.
    Last edited by vaustein; 02-19-2012, 08:52 AM. Reason: Added info

Comment

This definitely gives a great feel to Quake now, really good!
      Soundtracks and Instrumentals
      MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

Has LordHavoc ever mentioned he will integrate multithreading? How about, a DarkPlaces DirectX version that continues to support all the custom content.

That would be end game epic winning.

I would be happy if I could only create a fn Catalyst Application Profile for DarkPlaces.exe and successfully run AFR Friendly or even /some/ fashion of Crossfire.

I've googled on setting up OpenGL+Crossfire applications and found nothing. Will have to remind LordH. to help me with that.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hey webangel,

What rtlights or settings/file are you using in the first video "Quake Animated Textures" on your first post? As my game looks pretty dark in that area that you show in the beginning of that video from E1M1, whereas yours in really nice and bright in all areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
            Has LordHavoc ever mentioned he will integrate multithreading?
            This is very hard to do, so I don't think we'll see it soon

How about, a DarkPlaces DirectX version that continues to support all the custom content.
            DP already has D3D 9 renderer, but it is more slow, than OpenGL one.

Comment

I am wondering why I have light beams in some maps but not in others?
              Also if I change a window texture do I need to do anything to it?
              WARNING
              May be too intense for some viewers.
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
              ---------------------------
              .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
                They are defined in *.ent files, if they are not presented in these files - then they won't appear ingame.

Nope, shader definition does not check texture, only its name.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky88shp View Post
                  Hey webangel,

What rtlights or settings/file are you using in the first video "Quake Animated Textures" on your first post? As my game looks pretty dark in that area that you show in the beginning of that video from E1M1, whereas yours in really nice and bright in all areas.
                  Hi Lucky,
                  I´m using Inkub´s rtlights

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
                  FC is right. All Levels which has big windows should be included in the first post! You have nothing to do if you change a texture...

Comment

Ok I changed window 3 ,dont I have to do something to get the new image to show on the floor?
                    WARNING
                    Stress Relief Device
                    ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

• Hi bluntz,
                      sorry, I forgot it
                      You have to edit the cubemaps\***nx texture.
                      Window01_3 should be 203nx.tga

Window_Cubemaps.png
                      Last edited by webangel; 05-12-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Hmm well there does not appear to be a cubemap for the window i am working on.But I could have swore I saw you had shots of it with beams before.
                        WARNING
                        Stress Relief Device
                        ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

• You can easily make your own cubemap with simple "envmap" command. Just a little advise - once you have a cubemap files, open it with your preferred graphics editor, and make them more contrast and less bright, and then apply blur on them. That makes "fake" cubemap reflection look better.

Comment

• Hello FC Zvyozdochka,
                            you are right if you want to make map Cubes.
                            The "Lightbeams on Ground" Cubemaps do not work like this.
                            They are much easier

If you have this pack on your Hard Disk please look at them!
                            You can find them in the \cubemaps\ folder of the .pk3.

Originally posted by FC Zvyozdochka View Post
                            You can easily make your own cubemap with simple "envmap" command. Just a little advise - once you have a cubemap files, open it with your preferred graphics editor, and make them more contrast and less bright, and then apply blur on them. That makes "fake" cubemap reflection look better.

Comment

• Ah, understood

Actually, do you remember that funny Tenebrae effect - lavaballs casted cubemapped light on wall surfaces.
                              It is possible to do in DP!
                              Grab cubemaps 17** from Tenebrae's folder and add such string info your effectinfo.txt :

Code:
                              effect lavaball_trail //all these string already exist in Seven's effectinfo except one
                              lightradius 180
                              lighttime 0
                              lightcolor 4 2 0.5
                              lightcubemapnum 17 //this is cubemap name. Note, its name should be a number!
                              lightshadow 1
                              Looks unrealistic, but I like it

Comment

• Hi FC,
                                I loved Tenebrae in the old days.
                                I will try your suggestion.

Sorry but your full name is really complicate for me

Hello bluntz!
                                I totaly forgot this I want to make this for you. I tried it but I have to look if I find some of this old stuff on my hd.
                                Last edited by webangel; 05-13-2012, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X