No announcement yet.

Quake Animated-REFLECTING-OVERLOAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to use only window reflections but skipping everything else? If so, how?
    EDIT: Solved
    EDIT2: Didn't solve it HELP!
    Last edited by Ghostbreed; 12-05-2011, 01:02 PM.
    Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

Hello Ghostbreed,

If you really really only want to use the window reflections and not the other beautiful animations (like lights turn on/off, or particle effects), then you should do the following:
      You can then delete the complete 150 MB.
      You only need the text file: "scripts" subfolder of the .pk3.
      Put the "scripts" folder into your ID1 (including "Textures.shader" file).
      Open it with notepad and delete everything except the "windowXX_X" blocks.
      (starting from "window02_1" till "window2_4")

But you should think again.
      The animated world textures are really nice and eat NO fps.

Seven

Comment

Ugh, this is driving me insane till no end
        I took your advice Seven, I didn't skip anything. But, there's still problems.
        I'm supposed to install SMC first and Reflecting second right?
        This is were it becomes difficult, if I install Reflecting, the SMC's newer features is gone and if I remove effects.txt and progs.dat from Reflecting it stops working.

WHAT SHALL I DO?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbreed View Post
          WHAT SHALL I DO?
          Hello Ghostbreed,

First of all: Dont panic
          We have emergency exits on the left and on the right

Secondly: Dont use the word "install", cause its just a drop of a file.

You seem to do something wrong.
          The "progs.dat" and "effectinfo.txt" inside "zReflecting_Overload.pk3" are no longer necessary if you have "small mod compilation" V3.61.
          You even should delete them if you use V3.61.

But doesnt matter, webangel will soon release updates for easier handling.

Until that happens, to get what you want, please use the thing inside the attached file in your ID1 folder.
          And totally delete "zReflecting_Overload.pk3".
          This small 1KB file will do what you want (= only contains window reflections).
          Leave the V3.61 untouched.
          ... and always be sure that you dont have other "progs.dat"´s around

Again, you will lose all other things from Reflecting_Overload pack.

Seven
          Attached Files

Comment

Oh wow Seven, you never stop to amaze me
            Thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post

First of all: Dont panic
              We have emergency exits on the left and on the right
              WARNING
              May be too intense for some viewers.
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
              ---------------------------
              .--------------------------

Comment

this looks... amazing. unfortunately i think i have some sort of conflicting problem going on. i get the amazing reflections in the stained glass windows.. (with no FPS drop) but thats it. instead of having a progs.dat in my ID folder its a progs.lno so i tried removing that and retesting but same result. i installed 3.61 SMC by seven and retested but same result. should i just wait for an easier tuning version of this incredible pak? i feel like im missing out...

Comment

Originally posted by kreaper View Post
                  this looks... amazing. unfortunately i think i have some sort of conflicting problem going on. i get the amazing reflections in the stained glass windows.. (with no FPS drop) but thats it. instead of having a progs.dat in my ID folder its a progs.lno so i tried removing that and retesting but same result. i installed 3.61 SMC by seven and retested but same result. should i just wait for an easier tuning version of this incredible pak? i feel like im missing out...
                  Try deleting progs.* from your ID1 folder,
                  and sticking a couple of 'z's in front of the SMC,
                  so it's "zzsmall*.pk3"

This will make the SMC's progs.dat & effectinfo the last one loaded, and then everything should hopefully work properly.
                  There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

@xolve: You are my personal hero in Netherworld right about now

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbreed View Post
                      @xolve: You are my personal hero in Netherworld right about now
                      No worries!
                      Forgot to mention, delete any effectinfo.txt in your ID1 folder as well-
                      M
                      There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

Originally posted by xolve View Post
                        Forgot to mention, delete any effectinfo.txt in your ID1 folder as well-
                        M
                        Should I remove the effectinfo in Reflecting too or do you mean ONLY in the id1 folder and not inside any *.pk3?

Comment

Hello Ghostbreed,

I thought we discussed your issue already: here

What you need to know is:
                          1.) In your complete ID1 folder, there should only be 1 file for each !
                          As soon as you have 2, your problems will start.
                          2.) As I described in above link, the naming of the files are important.
                          It doesnt matter if you use .pak or .pk3. If the last one in alphabetical order uses any file, that exists in another pack: This one will be used !
                          3.) If you put a "progs.dat" or "effectinfo.txt" directly inside your ID1 folder,
                          this file will ALWAYS be used (doesnt matter if a file with same name is in any other pack). So this file overrides anything.
                          4.) The same as point 3.) applies to ALL other files, which are directly in ID1 subfolders.
                          If you have files inside your ID1/progs folder, they will always be used. Doesnt matter if you have a file with the same name in 10 other .pk3 packs.

So what we learned now is the loading sequence of DarkPlaces.

Please consider this in your ID1 folder:
                          - .pk3 overrides .pak
                          - direct files + subfolders inside ID1 overrides .pk3

I know that this post will be forgotten in 1 week and people will ask for it again

Kind regards,
                          Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                            Hello Ghostbreed,

I thought we discussed your issue already: here

What you need to know is:
                            1.) In your complete ID1 folder, there should only be 1 file for each !
                            As soon as you have 2, your problems will start.
                            2.) As I described in above link, the naming of the files are important.
                            It doesnt matter if you use .pak or .pk3. If the last one in alphabetical order uses any file, that exists in another pack: This one will be used !
                            3.) If you put a "progs.dat" or "effectinfo.txt" directly inside your ID1 folder,
                            this file will ALWAYS be used (doesnt matter if a file with same name is in any other pack). So this file overrides anything.
                            4.) The same as point 3.) applies to ALL other files, which are directly in ID1 subfolders.
                            If you have files inside your ID1/progs folder, they will always be used. Doesnt matter if you have a file with the same name in 10 other .pk3 packs.

So what we learned now is the loading sequence of DarkPlaces.

Please consider this in your ID1 folder:
                            - .pk3 overrides .pak
                            - direct files + subfolders inside ID1 overrides .pk3

I know that this post will be forgotten in 1 week and people will ask for it again

Kind regards,
                            Seven
                            Sorry, but I am kinda slow
                            Thanks though for your patience

Comment

Included in “reflecting” pk3 effectinfo.txt and progs.dat are outdated if you are using Seven's SMCv3.61, and you can remove them, or make it sure “SMC” is after “reflecting” in the loading order.

If at any time Webangel decide to update/reupload this pack: I think only textures and shader scripts should be packed in pk3. Since beams have noticeable performance impact .ent files shouldn't be packed in pk3 so anyone can decide whether and which ones to use.
                              Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

thanks xolve for the suggestion.. i removed the effectinfo that was provided in SMC 3.61 and added multiple z's to the front of the name of SMC pk3, and removed the progs.* file again... and still get nothing but the cool refelctions in the windows. any other ideas?

i was thinking that i have a folder called progs filled with all kinds of files in my id folder from rygels retexture pack.. would that be conflicting with this pk3?

Comment

Working...
                                X