Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

@Kreaper

not exactly sure if i understand your problem but it maybe Webangels ent files arent being used.

you could try...rename or remove your maps folder in id1 and remove any old paks with ent files.

@Webangel

hows it going...any new ent files in the works?

id love some for DOE.

im uploading my new full beam model with three times the lights rays...ive made it for all the windows and adjusted the nice textures from webangels pack to fit the new full beam...i also added some luma textures and now the beams stand out more...maybe this is not perfect on all maps but i like the effect.

this beam angle has been changed and i was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on them.

screenshot

here's the link`fullbeam.pk3

regards

Sean

Comment

As always, Seanster has the coolest weapons and stuff in his screenshots

Comment

The hit on my fps is less than the other beam. What did you do to help this Sean?
        Looks good in game!

Comment

OK!
          So here is a update!
          Filesize reduced to 60MB. No new maps atm.

Later new Maps will follow:
          File name: zReflecting_Overload.zip File size: 62.03 MB

Please delete everything QRO-related in your folders-
          And you have to enable your DDS feature with:

"r_texture_dds_load" "1"

Type this into the console or into your config.cfg AND RESTART your Darkplaces!!!
          Last edited by webangel; 12-17-2011, 02:27 AM.

Comment

There is scripts\ folder missing in zReflecting_Overload_DDS.pk3 file.

Since you are not including progs.dat I would remove all readmes and source codes related to it since they are outdated and Seven has up to date readmes included in SMC.

I suggest to not include any .ent files inside .pk3 because they break compatibility with old mods, and someone may want only reflective and animated textures without extra effects ( due to performance hit or someone may simply do not like them )

I haven't left my prise for your great work on these textures yet. They're really nice. Thanks !

=====
            There are hosting services that do not feature: timers, captcha, popup ads, limited download speeds on free accounts. Why not use them
            Last edited by _Smith_; 12-16-2011, 04:30 PM.
            Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
              and someone may want only reflective and animated textures without extra effects ( due to performance hit or someone may simply do not like them )
              actually, i am one of those people, who only wanted the animated and reflecting textures without the rest of the effects

ive repacked the mod myself to only include the files needed for the animated&reflecting textures
              Last edited by talisa; 12-17-2011, 04:04 AM.
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Sorry I missed the maps and scripts folder

Updated version is online now!

@Splitterface - please try it!
                The file is much smaller

@_Smith_
                Thank you
                You are right. You can delete Sevens readmes.

File name: zReflecting_Overload.zip File size: 62.03 MB

I have added the MP2 windows Textures!
                Last edited by webangel; 12-17-2011, 02:21 AM.

Comment

My readme is also related to progs.dat and info in it is unnecesary and outdated too. Seven has changed aming mod cvars, and dropped varied corpse hp option. I've reimplemented corpses hp options in my compilation again, but with different cvars too.

Because of reasons stated in previous post, you could put default ent files in separate pk3, for example:
                  Install\id1\
                  zReflecting_textures_DDS.pk3
                  zOverload_ent_files.pk3

It would be more convenient that way imo.
                  Do not bother reuploading now, this stuff is not important, but consider these suggestions in a future update.
                  Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

ah yes, i see, nice. great that you managed to make the filesize less then half the size it used to be,
                    and with zero change in quality even

fixed up the overload pk3 again and removed all the stuff except what is needed to have only the animated & reflecting textures:
                    DOWNLOAD

and ive also took the time to do the same for the rogue pk3 so it now only includes the window-textures:
                    DOWNLOAD

remember to add the line ' r_texture_dds_load "1" ' to all your autoexec.cfg files (also the ones in your hipnotic and rogue folders!)in for the animated and reflecting textures to work
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

seanstar.. brilliant, that was the culprit.. i removed the ents from the map folder and i see all the effects now. but the prob now is that the ent files i removed were for the weather effects by seven.. the fog and the rain.. which i really liked. does anyone know how i could get the two sets of effects to work together at the same time?

Comment

@Webangel and splitterface

THANKS !!

Comment

@kreaper

of course, the rain&fog can also be gotten seperately:
                          http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...html#post89539

and if you also have MP1 scourge of armagon, i made rain .ent files for that
                          http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...g-mp1-soa.html

and @ gdiddy62
                          you're welcome, glad to help

Comment

@splitterface

these are the files that i had to remove to get the effects to show.. i dont understand the explanation you are trying to give.

the explanation that seven gave to look at the ent files in the pk3.. i dont have or know the software i need to do that.. but if i would just basically look at the ent files i took out of my maps folder, and then just copy and paste the code for weather effects i find in that to the ent's in the pk3? i was really hoping someone else already did that.. lol.. not cause im lazy or anything

so i decided to try things out with completely removing the entire map folder and there is still rain and fog in some of the maps somehow? also my sky texture by moon(drunk) doesnt come in on all maps? very strange... e2m2 has both ran, fog and effects.. was this implemented or is my pc finally possessed by so much quake playing..
                            Last edited by kreaper; 12-18-2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

For me, the lightbeams of the SoA windows do not work any more (original campaign does). Did you change something regarding that? I am still using the same Darkplaces version as before (August 20, 2011), so that can't be the problem...

Oh, and before you ask: I also use SMC 3.61 for SoA.

*EDIT DEC 31*
                              Seems it's only happening in HIP2M1. Maybe a problem with one of the files made specifially for that map?
                              Last edited by NightFright; 12-31-2011, 11:00 AM.
                              Authentic Models Pack
                              OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                              LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

This is probably a dumb question but...where do i find the "maps" folder in ID1?. I've installed the REFLECTING-OVERLOAD.pk3 into my ID1 folder and in game I have all the cool steam/fog/lightbeam effects.(see my screenshot). What I want now is to add the weather effects (rain) using the included .ent files...the instructions said to place them in my "ID1/maps" folder...but i don't have a maps folder in ID1?. I used pakscape and found map folders in PAK0 and PAK1...which are .lmp files...Are these the folders where I put the .ent files? Do I just delete these .lmp and substitute with the corresponding .ent file???. I just rediscovered Quake thanks to Steam (havent played since it 1st came out) and have spent the last 4 days prowling this awesome forum and adding as many of these fantastic mods (special props to Moon[Drunk] and Seven!) as I can and this last bit I need to do has me stumped.

Comment

Working...
                                X