Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivarez
    replied
    Someone can upload the files "mybeam.rar" and "start.rtlights" from previous post?
    All the links at this thread are dead.

Leave a comment:

• Sza
    replied
    Originally posted by nahuel View Post
    hellow w@ please check my optimized beam light, i changed the model , the textures and the shaders, the key is not use advanced shaders (i believe) just add two effects = doublesided and fullbright, i added the effects via ent map , also i included editor of lights to qc seven 6 code, because edit lights is very ugly with commands in dead morning we edit lights with this easy editor very fast. I added some advanced stuff; now you can edit cubemaps (pressing u) and angles (toggle origin or angles edition with alt) if you want to acces to the editor press f7, if you want to save the lights pres "p"
    mybeam.rar
    Please do not use "item_luz" for cubemaps, are really not optimized!! to the work just use the editor of lights with two lights - one with cubemap and another with low value of radius and hight value ambient-
    you can see how it works this combination here

In the zip i put an old rtlights file, please use this update
    is very important for the correct work!!
    start.rtlights

PS = i am using the cubemaps from this mod "animated reflecting overload"
    It looks simple bad ass!

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied
    Yes, as far as i remember i had problems to install the beams too.
    The OP says you only need the smc and qrp-textures in addition to webangels pack. It worked for me this way. webangels pack is called zReflecting_Overload_DDS.pk3 and i have it installed in the id1 folder directly.

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    A diamond means the model is missing if you are talking about the rainbow diamond. Like really missing, not just in the game. I saw this from time to time when I would mistype a name/path in my radiant ent or QC.

Leave a comment:

• lucky88shp
    replied
    Just put the content of mybeam.rar in smc.folder
    Thanks, that kinda worked! I get the light beam on start, but now game screws up my enemy textures randomly, either the grunt or the dog randomly doesn't load in few places(no fixed spot or map!), and I get a diamond in place of the model. Will try again by manually selecting the appropriate files, not sure which exactly I need though....

Leave a comment:

• nahuel
    replied
    Originally posted by lucky88shp View Post
    Agreed! I am planning to delete mine too!
    Anyways, how did you make that screenshot? Don't you have the map ent files for the beams? Thanks!
    Just put the content of mybeam.rar in smc.folder

Leave a comment:

• lucky88shp
    replied
    EDIT: Sorry for the problem with my youtube channel, because i do not agree with the new policy of google i deleted my channel
    Agreed! I am planning to delete mine too!
    Anyways, how did you make that screenshot? Don't you have the map ent files for the beams? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• nahuel
    replied
    Originally posted by lucky88shp View Post
    @Nahuel

How exactly do I use the new beam? I have the small_mod_compilation v4.15 installed....
    sry for being a noob!
    you need to place the beam model in the map , you need the map file entities. I do not have it, maybee webangel or seven have the ent files for the beams!

To webangel
    i think thebeam model need to be rescaled, and the texture shader need to be rewrited, so it can be used without "scale" or "alpha" value to send it to the bsp ( makestatic (self) )

EDIT: Sorry for the problem with my youtube channel, because i do not agree with the new policy of google i deleted my channel

Leave a comment:

• lucky88shp
    replied
    @Nahuel

How exactly do I use the new beam? I have the small_mod_compilation v4.15 installed....
    sry for being a noob!

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    of course, i completely forgot about that new cvar since i only been using 2013 build since not so long ago

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Its even simplier:

set darkplaces_build 1 // "0"= for DP builds before 20130301 "1"= for DP builds since 20130301

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    to adjust the intensity of the haze, edit the start_effectinfo.txt in your maps folder, and find the blocks like these:
    Code:
    effect testhardentrance	   //  test rising lava haze in hard entrance
    countabsolute 0.1
    type smoke
    color 0x6f0f00 0xe3974f  
    tex 0 7 //48 55
    size 2 4
    alpha 50 80 7
    sizeincrease 3.2
    originoffset 0 10 0
    originjitter 160 200 0
    velocityjitter 4 5 2
    velocitymultiplier 0.01
    gravity -0.004
    bounce 1
    to increase the intensity of the haze, you'll be wanting to adjust the countabsolute line. higher values result in heavier haze.

more intense haze also means higher impact on performance, to much haze can seriously kill your framerate.
    as it is right now it already has quite an impact on performance

Leave a comment:

• Poisonheadcrab
    replied
    Originally posted by talisa View Post
    @poison
    those effects are not included in the ent-files that come with the overload mod. you would have to copy and paste them yourself out of different ent-files

if you want the lava-haze, ive posted ent-files which contain those here:
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...tml#post129831

and the portal fog i dun recall where to find ent-files which contain those.
    but i think seven included ent-files which have that effect with the smc: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html
    Oh ok, thanks. The haze isn't as powerful as it looks in the pics but it still looks nice.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    @poison
    those effects are not included in the ent-files that come with the overload mod. you would have to copy and paste them yourself out of different ent-files

if you want the lava-haze, ive posted ent-files which contain those here:
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...tml#post129831

and the portal fog i dun recall where to find ent-files which contain those.
    but i think seven included ent-files which have that effect with the smc: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html

Leave a comment:

• Poisonheadcrab
    replied
    I get the reflecting textures but for some reason I'm not getting the sweet lava haze effect or the portal fog.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X