X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xolve
    replied
    Beautiful work guys - thank you.
    Gets a little slow in the last few ID1 levels where there's a lot of stained glass beams. Seems slower than it should be for the effect.
    But otherwise - fantastic work.

Leave a comment:

• Roy Batty
    replied
    \o/ Awesome \o/

Sorry I have been away for a couple weeks, however I've really been looking forward to this and am downloading it now! I can't wait to jump into some quake and give this a go. Thanks webangel, sean and everyone else involved!

Leave a comment:

• DaniOcampo1992
    replied
    Downloading this! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• gdiddy62
    replied
    Thanks for the update!

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied
    Update and Bugfix

I missed some of the glows in the Missionpacks:

+

Start Map of Missionpack 2 DoE:

Last edited by webangel; 01-22-2012, 06:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied
    Originally posted by NightFright View Post
    I tried really hard looking for reasons in order to NOT name this the most significant and amazing release for quite a while. Didn't find any.

I thought adding beams and those particle effects would be great enough already, but these animated textures and mirror effects just blew me away. The game looks even more alive with these! IMHO, this is must-have stuff!

Thanks a ton for the great work, webangel! We owe you!

PS:
    Just to make sure, did you use the modified HIP2M2 and HIP2M4 ent files splitterface updated at the beginning of November? They contain a few fixes, I hope you didn't miss them. (It seems HIP2M4 is up-to-date, but HIP2M2 isn't - you may have downloaded splitterface's wrong first reupload. I have fixed it for you - your light beam mods with splitterface's corrected values in the entrance area. Replace your hip2m2.ent with the one from my attachment, that should be it.)

PS PS:
    I see you included 12 shots for each cubemaps. According to DPWiki, only 6 are needed. If this results in graphic distortions, maybe the ones not required should be removed.
    Hello Nightfright,

thank you for fixing Hip2m2.
    I have updated the Download with your .ent.

[Edit]
    I have deleted the unused skybox textures also - the file is 12mb smaller now.
    There is no optical difference!!!
    [/Edit]
    Last edited by webangel; 11-06-2011, 06:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NightFright
    replied
    I tried really hard looking for reasons in order to NOT name this the most significant and amazing release for quite a while. Didn't find any.

I thought adding beams and those particle effects would be great enough already, but these animated textures and mirror effects just blew me away. The game looks even more alive with these! IMHO, this is must-have stuff!

Thanks a ton for the great work, webangel! We owe you!

PS:
    Just to make sure, did you use the modified HIP2M2 and HIP2M4 ent files splitterface updated at the beginning of November? They contain a few fixes, I hope you didn't miss them. (It seems HIP2M4 is up-to-date, but HIP2M2 isn't - you may have downloaded splitterface's wrong first reupload. I have fixed it for you - your light beam mods with splitterface's corrected values in the entrance area. Replace your hip2m2.ent with the one from my attachment, that should be it.)

PS PS:
    I see you included 12 shots for each cubemap. According to DPWiki, only 6 are needed. If this results in graphic distortions, maybe the ones not required should be removed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NightFright; 11-06-2011, 05:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bluntz
    replied
    Thank You!!!!

Leave a comment:

• gdiddy62
    replied
    Woo-hoo!!
    Thanks webangel!!!

Leave a comment:

• TR2N
    replied
    Yeah webangel! I am downloading it right now!! THANKS SO MUCH!

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    started a topic Quake Animated-REFLECTING-OVERLOAD

Quake Animated-REFLECTING-OVERLOAD

Hello,

this pack contains our work of the wip thread "ID1_MP1_Textures_Animated_Reflecting" and some things more.

You need SMC and QRP for this pack!!

Install:
    Extract the contents from the install folder to you Quake directory.
    e.g. Copy ...Install\ID1\*.* to YourQuakeDir\ID1\*.*

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIOqYqK4X4g[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXDwlWLV-BE[/ame]

More Screenshots and Videoclips here:
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...eflecting.html

Thanks goes to Seven, Nahuel and Seanstar!

Download:
    Download zReflecting_Overload.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

You have to enable your DDS feature with:

"r_texture_dds_load" "1"

Type this into the console or into your config.cfg AND RESTART your Darkplaces!!!
    Last edited by webangel; 06-04-2012, 02:28 AM. Reason: Reupload
Working...
X