X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Dissolution Of Eternity Retextures...and a Doomish Knight Spike

Download:
    >>HERE<<

Seven made some improvements for my buggy textures.
    Get it here:
    - Lantern
    - Wrathball

There is a file .... reworked by Seven.pk3 into the zips. Thank you Seven.

All Thanks goes to OoPpEe, QRP, W. Sitters and Rouhis!
    You need Sevens SMC for the candle.

----------------------------
    Here you can find a replacement texture pack for Mission Pack 2!
    ----------------------------

Have Fun!!
    w@
    Last edited by webangel; 05-04-2013, 01:30 PM. Reason: Reupload!

awesome work webangel!
    i totally love them all, they look great.

personally for hellknight projectiles i prefer the standard model, but all the retextures are amazing

thanx for taking the time to retexture some of the very few stuff which was still left from ROGUE which wasnt retextured by anyone yet

EDIT: just looked at them in-game all, and again, they look amazing.
    only maybe try and make the buzzsaw a bit darker, the original is a lot darker looking compared to your version which is quite light

and i must say the lantern looks even better in-game then it looks on your screenshot
    although i think it could look even better if you worked a bit on it. the edges between the steel and glass parts are kinda fuzzy, and i think it would look even more awesome if they were made to be more clear
    Last edited by talisa; 04-29-2012, 03:34 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Oh great, Lost Souls in Quake... XD
      Looks awesome!
      Soundtracks and Instrumentals
      MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

Thank you very much for releasing your work webangel.

You have a good sense of modifying models to fit in new places.
        Your skills in texturing have always been amazing.
        Now you also learn to work with models and the results are great.
        It is a pity we cannot see your new torch due to copyrights...

It is good to see OoPpEe´s ported models in your releases.
        It is suprising in how many different variations they are a part of Quake now
        The shalrath, the shambler, and now both wrath´s ...
        Very nice.

Good to see you back webangel
        Seven

Comment

Very nice! Thanks Webangel!

Comment

Thank you all.
            I have updated the first post.

The Dragon needs a new Fireball...

@Splitterface.
            Seven always complains that my textures are too dark

I will upload a darker version of the Buzzsaw soon..
            Last edited by webangel; 05-01-2012, 02:16 AM.

Comment

the fireball model looks great, but could you perhaps make a version without the fire flag?
              cuz of the fire flag seven's awesome flame-effect doesnt work with the fireball anymore

could it be that i also noticed that you set the fire flag on the wrath ball?
              cuz i noticed that when i installed it the particle-effect suddenly looked different too then before. if so, could you also upload a version of the wrath fireball which doesnt have a fire flag on it?
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hi Splitterface,
                I do not understand your questions.
                The flags don´t affect Sevens Flame Effect....
                I did nothing on the effectinfo.... Sorry;(

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                the fireball model looks great, but could you perhaps make a version without the fire flag?
                cuz of the fire flag seven's awesome flame-effect doesnt work with the fireball anymore

could it be that i also noticed that you set the fire flag on the wrath ball?
                cuz i noticed that when i installed it the particle-effect suddenly looked different too then before. if so, could you also upload a version of the wrath fireball which doesnt have a fire flag on it?

Comment

the effects from seven's SMC suddenly dont work anymore for the dragon fireball and the wrath firepod cuz of the fire flag you set on the MDLs.

comparison pics to show what i mean in the difference in the effects.

Comment

Someone can reproduce Splitterfaces bug?
                    I don´t understand it atm

Sorry, but for me the Fireball looks like in my screenshot!!

My suggestion is that you (splitter) forgot to update your particlefont.tga...

I hope it!?!...
                    Last edited by webangel; 04-30-2012, 02:17 PM.

Comment

nope, i just tried to make sure and even if i copied both particle-font and effectinfo straight out of the SMC pk3 into my rogue folder the effects still look like at the bottom of those pics i showed, and they're missing seven's awesome fire-trail that he added but instead have the fire particles cuz of the fire flag you set on the model

could you perhaps upload a version of both dragon fireball and wrath firepod which dont have the fire flag set on them so i can try them and see if that fixes the problem?
                      Last edited by talisa; 04-30-2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Splitterface is right.
                        Something is wrong with the flag setting in your models webangel.

If you closely look at the screenshots from splitterface and webangel,
                        you will notice, that they are identical.
                        They only differ in the amount of particles (because you most probably use different cvar settings).

Both screenshots with the new models show ONLY particlefont texture no. 64.
                        And that is neither the rocket flag (it uses texture no. 0...7, and others), nor the hellknights projectile flag (it also uses texture no. 0...7).

I dont know which flag you set webangel.
                        But it was not flag "1" or "64".

The models inside "small mod compilation" use:
                        - wrath´s projectile: 64
                        - dragon´s projectile: 1
                        Their trails (as mentioned above) use particlefont texturers 0...7 (and others).
                        That is why they look very different.

I think now webangel should be able to correct the new models.
                        Please always use/try LordHavoc´s modeltool to set a flag to a .md3 model.

All the Best my friend.
                        Seven

Comment

thanx for this seven. i tried it out myself and was able to fix the mdl files with the correct flags myself and now the particles are back to how they are supposed to be

another thing, cuz you said the vore pod should also have a trail when using the SMC another time. but i never had a trail on the vore's pod, and im using OoPpEe's shamblers castle models so i assume that the mdl in that pk3 also has incorrect flag set.
                          what would i have to set its flag too to have the trail added to the vore's pod?
                          Last edited by talisa; 04-30-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Hello webangel,

I just wanted to add this note:
                            You most probably added the flag "1024" to your models (= EF_FLAME).

And you surely did this on purpose, because you wanted to give it a new look.
                            I am sorry if I misinterpreted you. I only thought that you used the same flags.
                            Of course you should use whatever looks best for you

[Sorry for offtopic]
                            Hello Splitterface,

the "small mod compilation" did not change the Vore´s projectile flag.
                            It is still vanilla Quake: TR_VORESPIKE
                            The flag for it is: 128

Please temporary delete the ported Vore´s projectile from shambles castle and see if you have a purple trail with ID1 model.
                            If yes, then add the flag 128 to the .md3 model.
                            I personally use OoPpEe´s ported shambler castle model and I have a trail. I cannot remember if I reworked it somehow or not.
                            [/Sorry for offtopic]

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                              Hello webangel,

I just wanted to add this note:
                              You most probably added the flag "1024" to your models (= EF_FLAME).

And you surely did this on purpose, because you wanted to give it a new look.
                              I am sorry if I misinterpreted you. I only thought that you used the same flags.
                              Of course you should use whatever looks best for you
                              Hello Seven,
                              yes I added flag "1024" to them
                              I have uploaded a flag "1" fireball as alternative....
                              It seems that I have a lot more particles than Splitterface
                              I had not thought about this.

The wrathball should now work also for everyone...

Thank you!

The new files are in the first post.

EDIT:
                              Darker version of the buzzsaw is there too
                              Last edited by webangel; 05-01-2012, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X