Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
    FC,
    Thanks for the suggestion and I'll give it a try. The only other thing I noticed is that when the player is underwater it is extremely difficult to see anything in places such as in e2m1.
    That's weird. Which places do you mean? That tunnel leading to the secret? I'll place some waylights there, I myself have had some doubts, but if other people (just like you) have problems there then I need to fix it.
    Please do some screenshots to help me to fix this bug.

Comment

Hey FC,
      I tried changing lightmaps to 1 but found that far too bright even after adjusting gamma, etc. I found a pleasant medium and can see better underwater now. I'll try to post some pics later today If I get the chance.

Yes, I was talking about the tunnel leading to the secret, but also the big pool as well. I got lost in the tunnel and drowned XD

Comment

Underwater pics

Here are some shots FC to show you what I'm talking about underwater.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here are some shots FC to show you what I'm talking about underwater.
          Here is my shot - it is not so misty. Check out your "fog" option in e1m4.

Tunnel is e1m2 is really kinda muddy. I'll add some small waylights there in a couple of days.

Check out some other maps, if you or someone else find bad looking places - I'll fix it.

Comment

I have no fog on e1m4. Yeagh the tunnel could use some minor lighting Could you share your config and all of your light settings please. It might just be my settings and nothing more FC. Don't want you to work on something if it's just my settings. I love the atmosphere your lighting creates!

Comment

I have no fog on e1m4. Yeagh the tunnel could use some minor lighting
              OK I'll do it. It is to be done via rtlights, so It won't take a lot of time, perhaps 1-2 days. Check out the end map (the tunnel where shaft is placed), I've already lightened it.

Could you share your config and all of your light settings please.
              Here you are.

Also about gloss. This is how it looks in proper places with the new relight

Comment

The settings you provided work well for me now. Thanks again

I lowered my gamma settings on the main menu to 1. Is this similar to what you have?
                Last edited by gdiddy62; 06-27-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

The settings you provided work well for me now.
                  That's good. What caused the problem? Bloom?

I lowered my gamma settings on the main menu to 1. Is this similar to what you have?
                  Yeah, I've got gamma=1 on my main display, but I also have additional display which seems to make picture darker; I'm to increase gamma setting up to 1.5 when working with it.

Comment

I'm not sure what was causing the problem, but if I had to guess it would be that my lightmaps setting was too low. I have to say that it gave a great "creepy" effect with lower lightmaps setting and if the water hadn't been so dark I would have kept it. I'm gatting close to the old effect by adjusting gamma though.

Comment

from what i can see so far, they look super

the only thing ive found so far that i dun really like is in E1M1. the part before the exit where you go down and all the lights go on as you pass them. its already low brightness there before the lights even go on. before with the lights i used it was pretty much pitchblack before the lights went on, which i loved.

so could you perhaps make that area in E1M1 a bit darker before the lights go on?

except for that your lights are brilliant, and i havent found anything yet i dun like. no other areas which are to bright or to dark

but ill let you know if i find more when i play more
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Just played the demo/intro with this, and the framerate is much better! It's now actually playable / watchable when I have pretty water affects on
                        Soundtracks and Instrumentals
                        MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                          the only thing ive found so far that i dun really like is in E1M1. the part before the exit where you go down and all the lights go on as you pass them. its already low brightness there before the lights even go on. before with the lights i used it was pretty much pitchblack before the lights went on, which i loved.
                          Hi, Splitterface!
                          You mean that spiral ladder above acid pool, right?
                          I'll try to decrease abmient light level i e1m1, maybe decrease the whole lights level a bit, but it is very hard for me to make the only area darker then others. May some antilights will help, If I just can find proper lightstyle to make them turn off when you are near.

However - I'll try to make new lightmaps and share it for you to class it.

Originally posted by PRIMEVAL View Post
                          Just played the demo/intro with this, and the framerate is much better! It's now actually playable / watchable when I have pretty water affects on
                          Yeah, higher framerate was the the first point to achieve However, some places don't work faster (i.e. pool with wooden construction above in e4m6) - it is a sacrifice for realism.
                          Last edited by FC Zvyozdochka; 06-28-2012, 11:42 PM.

Comment

yes thats the part i meant FC

and i also found another part where i felt it was kinda to bright... in E1M3, at the part where you get the shambler and have those bunch of scrags. the part on the left behind the wall and on the center straight forward where the scrags are. before it was darker there and you could hardly see the scrags, and now its quite bright and you can clearly see the scrags from a mile away. i liked how the scrags seemed to be hidden in the dark before, and now that effect goes completely lost cuz there are no more dark spots.
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hello FC Zvyozdochka,

I want to say Thank you for sharing your work and effort with us.
                              It is always good to have different lighting files to choose from.
                              So everybody can pick the ones he like the most.

I will stick to Romi´s version due to the colors and quantity of light sources.
                              But that is just a personal taste and has nothing to do with your great work of course.

You say that you must use custom multiplayer maps for your lights ?
                              That is a pity because I think that custom map content is not allowed on many servers.
                              But I am not sure about it, because I dont play multiplayer...

Anyway, thank you for your light files again.
                              It is good to have you here.
                              Seven

Comment

Yes, it is good to have options to choose from for all things in our Quake. My problem is I have so many Quake folders now with different combinations I'll need a dedicated hard-drive just for my Quake!!

Comment

Working...
                                X