Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New id1 relight (rtlights+lightmaps)

Download me!

Much faster in many places - most of shadowless ambient light sources were deleted.
    Also much more beautiful in many places - all the black areas are eliminated, now you won't see dark area beneath the wall torch; lightsources are moved to the places where they actually should be; all the same lightsources in different maps have the same color and other parameters, so game looks more solid now.

Some screenshots will be uploaded tomorrow.

Thread with the initial thoughts - http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...-rtlights.html
    The first relight - two very cool little maps by Shadow

SET YOUR LIGHTMAPS VALUE TO 1 ONCE YOU INSTALL THIS PACK! Otherwise picture will be much too dark.

PLEASE NOTE: Original maps might not be compatible with these edited ones as they are modified and have another checksums, so you might not be possible to play DM or coop with new relight on one side only (needs all playing sides to install relight to work properly).
    Last edited by FC Zvyozdochka; 06-27-2012, 03:25 AM.

Can I recommend this hosting site to you http://AnonFiles.com, it's free and supports up to 500MB and unlimited bandwidth,and its easier for us non bi-linguals.

https://anonfiles.com/file/8e05ca7f7...46967b1b08baf5
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

FC,
      Just tried your lights and have to say they are pretty cool. It has a Doom3 feel in many places that can sometimes be great and at others very annoying as you can't see anything. Some places it can really bring a beautiful ambience that is so cool!

On e1m3 I had a bad experience once I set off the spike trap. It was too dark to see anything. I can no longer see some of your excellent gloss textures. I'm thinking of the trap door after the spike trap dropping you below to the zombies. I couldn't see the beautiful copper look anymore on the trapdoor. And seeing the zombbies below was a bit of a chore! I've tweaked my brightness and gamma to try to find a pleasant medium and would welcome your input on settings you use.

Overall, very excellent, but can use some refinements. I don't like losing some of your gloss textures even though I know you were trying for rrealism.

Thanks FC!

Comment

Hi

i tried these out and was amazed...this is exactly what i was looking for.

great effort

thanks a lot.

Sean

Comment

Hey FC,

First of all, great job! I'm liking the change and makes the game much more atmospheric!
          BTW, what "fire" are you using in your first screen of start map in the other thread?

Comment

So I tested your rtlights in the first 4 maps upto e1m4 and really like it! It is a little dark sometimes and would probably like it brighter at moments. The only thing I would say for sure is that, it would be cool if you would add the blue flow for Quad damage. I noticed in e1m1 when you get it in that secret area, there used to be a blue glow there but no more...otherwise, wonderful job! Really makes the game much more realistic looking!
            Last edited by lucky88shp; 06-26-2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky88shp View Post
              So I tested your rtlights in the first 4 maps upto e1m4 and really like it! It is a little dark sometimes and would probably like it brighter at moments.
              Hi.
              Tell me, which maps are too dark - I'll test them on another display and decide what to do.
              If they are really darker then another maps - I'll make a new relight for them.
              If they have about the same ambient light level with other maps - then you could adjust lightmaps level (Options->Lighting options->"Lightmaps" scroller). You should set it to 1 (full right).

The only thing I would say for sure is that, it would be cool if you would add the blue flow for Quad damage. I noticed in e1m1 when you get it in that secret area, there used to be a blue glow there but no more...otherwise, wonderful job! Really makes the game much more realistic looking!
              I'll recomend you to use Seven's Small Mod Compilation - it includes new models for powerups with nice visual effects. Quad automatically has a blue glow with this mod.

Comment

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                On e1m3 I had a bad experience once I set off the spike trap. It was too dark to see anything.
                Hi, gdiddy!
                Please, check your lightmaps value - it should be set to "1" (usually its value is about 0-0.3 with Romi's RTLights).
                If it is still too dark - then I'm to do some serious adjustments.

Overall, very excellent, but can use some refinements. I don't like losing some of your gloss textures even though I know you were trying for rrealism.
                Yeah, the realism. Have you ever see some glitter when there is no lights nearby?
                However, I've added many lightsources in different maps only to emphasize the gloss

Comment

ill give these a try. seeing as you did some amazing work on those gloss-maps you made earlier im sure this'll be nice too

ill try these out later and let you know what i think of them
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I cant figure out what to click to download

Скачать быстро or Обычное скачивание or Загрузить файл

Do you see my problem?

Can you upload it to a site that doesn't expect me to decipher alien hieroglyphics? I suck at my native language (English) and you throw me some damn Enochian...cmon man! LOL

Michael
                    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                      I cant figure out what to click to download
                      Скачать быстро or Обычное скачивание or Загрузить файл

the red button is the right one

try putting you mouse on either button and see where it says in corner of screen where the links lead to

thats how i figured out which link to click

google translate also helps a lot sometimes
                      i often use russian sites for downloading stuff, and google translate quickly becomes your best friend when you use those sites
                      Last edited by talisa; 06-27-2012, 02:28 AM.
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

LMAO, I'm not this stupid. I was just bored, making jokes.

Michael
                        Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-27-2012, 03:15 AM.
                        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Offtopic
                          Sergey Brin, Google founder, was born in Moscow, USSR, in 1973, and he have lived in USSR until 1979, so he knows Russian. Maybe that's why Google translate is really not bad with this language

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                            Can I recommend this hosting site to you http://AnonFiles.com, it's free and supports up to 500MB and unlimited bandwidth,and its easier for us non bi-linguals.

https://anonfiles.com/file/8e05ca7f7...46967b1b08baf5
                            Did someone order American Cheese?

Originally posted by FC Zvyozdochka View Post
                            Offtopic
                            Sergey Brin, Google founder, was born in Moscow, USSR, in 1973, and he have lived in USSR until 1979, so he knows Russian. Maybe that's why Google translate is really not bad with this language
                            I had suggested this above,incase you missed it.
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

FC,
                              Thanks for the suggestion and I'll give it a try. The only other thing I noticed is that when the player is underwater it is extremely difficult to see anything in places such as in e2m1. I'll try your suggestion and maybe that will fix the issue. I'll get back to you on it......Thanks again for great work

P.S. I do notice how your lighting can make certain textures really pop out....excellent!

Comment

Working...
                              X