Ogre Model Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks very much everyone!

Mrgnstrn - That may be the hand poking out of the chainsaw casing. I thought I'd fixed that.

Splitterface - Thanks for doing the Grenade Ogre skin.

On a seperate note, I've done a version of the Low Poly Ogre. I've got him down to just over 1K for the Ogre himself.
    I've put the link in the OP. I don't know what the main 'other' engine is, so I've done it as an mdl file with pcx graphics.
    If someone could test him out and see if he works, it would be great.
    Last edited by Tea Monster; 02-08-2013, 06:50 AM.

Comment

So much work for one model and quality results all around. You inspire me to start working on a model again.

excellent work Tea Monster!
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I'm glad I can inspire you. I always look forward to new work by yourself.

Comment

YOU look forward to work by ME!? LMAO!!!

I know what we discussed in a private message once, but I'm not sure if I can pull it off like that (without receiving great negativity). However, I still intend to follow the spirit of the idea.

Let's see what happens.

Comment

gonna go back and work on that quake-guy of yours? lol
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post

Mrgnstrn - That may be the hand poking out of the chainsaw casing. I thought I'd fixed that.
              No, my post was about the another bug.
              I think the problem comes from the fact that the engine interpolates the frames of animation and in intermediate positions deforms model. This can be seen only in slowmo mode. So everything is OK

Comment

Nice work on the Orgre Boss OoPpEe.
                Very nice model TeaMonster!
                Last edited by webangel; 02-08-2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

gonna go back and work on that quake-guy of yours? lol
                  you do know that that was always supposed to be a joke and I actually can model, right? That ranger was never going to be good no matter what I did cause I extruded a "humanoid" from a cylinder, which is like the dumbest method ever. It might not have been too bad if the cylinder was "the chest" and i extruded from there, but the cylinder was the entire model.

I didn't fake it from there either. For instance I didn't "start over" and give the illusion that I was trying to subdivide, split and morph a cylinder...I really did subdivide, split and morph a cylinder. Let's just say that I got an F before I even made the first arm.

However, I DGAF about a whole lot of stuff. So if I say I am "inspired to start another model" - no one has any way of knowing what that actually means that I am going to do. All you can be assured of is: something is going to happen and it will have some form of entertainment value.

Maybe I will surprise everyone with an awesome work of art or maybe I will make a pink Chthon with a big yellow happy face. Honestly, I don't even know.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                    you do know that that was always supposed to be a joke...
                    WHAT?!?! Awww, hell no!

So if I say I am "inspired to start another model" - no one has any way of knowing what that actually means that I am going to do. All you can be assured of is: something is going to happen and it will have some form of entertainment value.

Maybe I will surprise everyone with an awesome work of art or maybe I will make a pink Chthon with a big yellow happy face. Honestly, I don't even know.
                    That would actually be very entertaining.

Comment

Well, I was just making up something ridiculous. Maybe if I made that AND added all animations so you could really fight whatever that is it would have some kitschy value that would lead to some short-lived interest.

Unfortunately, I would never tell "you" what I'm going to make. So, that one isn't going to happen. I have like 7000,0000 projects going so whatever I do would have to fall under one of these categories:

1) something absolutely ridiculous that takes me a day to put together (like the ranger did)
                      2) A really serious model that I could only devote maybe a few hours a week to.

something funny about the ranger.

If you go read towards the end of that thread, golden_boy was acting like it was becoming a serious model. That actually compelled me to try and at least finish it as some kind of a base mesh, but the UV's were a complete disaster. I did not model to the grid so I would have had to sit there and hand manipulate every UV (with respect to its adjoining polygons) in order to create the exact same shapes (and sizes of shapes) that were present on the model....fuck that.

It absolutely served it's purpose - one entire day of people making fun of me and my model, while I swore up and down that it was awesome and I was "practicin". LOL! Oh man, that was fun. It became more fun to see other people play along or take me too serious. I think I just about fell out of my chair at splitterfaces comment.

Acting like I didn't understand why a cylinder can't run no matter how many bones and weight painting I added was priceless. Well, it was priceless to me anyway. I lmao for the whole day.

Comment

hahaha yeah i laughed my ass off too at that joke-project gypsy

also, glad my comments on that thread made you laugh so hard. i was laughing my ass of too myself at all of it
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

if anyone is new and is like wtf are y'all taking about or if you are old and just want to read it again, here is the link:

My secret project revealed

Comment

Psst, Splitterface, he was making that up about just joking - he was, wasn't he?

Comment

@tea monster
                              yeah im sure he's just being humble about his amazing skills. it was a true work of art in its purest form.
                              but dun tell him, he'll only cry more about how it couldve been better while it was a brilliant work
                              Last edited by talisa; 02-09-2013, 07:42 AM.
                              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

You two made my day! Thanks! (even though you are both full of shih tzu's)

----

I do want to go back to this guy though, which was not a joke.

He needs a lot of work, but I was experimenting with ideas and techniques that I have never tried before.
                                Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-09-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X