No announcement yet.

just another axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this drake mod a seperate game? If so, where can I download it?

Comment

its a mod for quake, and a bunch of maps have been made specially for it.

most notable are the unforgiven and something wicked map-sets from earlier this year,
      and the SoE and Nsoe map-sets

something wicked
      unforgiven

SoE
      Nsoe
      Nsoe2 (update to Nsoe)

the maps include the drake mod with them

the drake mod is a really absolutely brilliant mod
      it adds a bunch of new weapons, a lot of new enemies, some of which taken from hexen2, adds new powerups
      and even completely new game mechanics, like being able to shoot of heads of enemies.

you should give those maps a try, they are all really great
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

also, the drake mod is also available seperately, and the source of the mod is included with it http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi.../drakebeta.zip
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
          also, the drake mod is also available seperately, and the source of the mod is included with it http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi.../drakebeta.zip
          Thanks for the info, I'll check in to it when I get a chance.

Comment

how do I install the drake mod?

Comment

the easy way to do it is to use the quakeinjector... just download something wicked or unforgiven and you can start the mod using that... and just dump the new stuff in the folder of the game you installed. i have all the new stuff in both the unforgiven and wicked folder... maybe there is a better way to install the new stuff but thats how i did it and it works for me. the drakebeta is just the qc and progs with a few demo maps not really a game. look for the name Dustin "Tronyn" Geeraert in quake injector most of his maps use drake or some of the olderones use a qc that is on its way to become drake.

Comment

Okay but what are the steps?

Comment

1. download this https://www.quaddicted.com/tools/quake_injector
                  2. start the quakeinjector with quakeinjector executable jar file in the folder
                  3. you will need to set up the path to darkplaces in the configuration it should prompt you to do this
                  4. dl unforgiven by finding it in the list of maps in the quakeinjector click install...
                  5 go to the quake folder on your computer and look for the unforgiven folder drop all of the new goodies in that folder...
                  6 go back to the quakeinjector and click on unforgiven agin and click the play button (it may tell you that drake is not installed even when it is so just play it anyway...)
                  7 go kick banes ass!

im not the best at explaining things some time even when i know how to do it i hope this helps

Comment

you need to use it with those maps i linked above

you can use it without special maps but you will be missing a lot of stuff cuz a lot of items have to be placed into maps, like powerups and the new enemies

but you 'install' it just like any other mod. create a special directory for it, and then start darkplaces with parameters, like
                    darkplaces.exe -game ModFolderName
                    Last edited by talisa; 11-15-2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                      i hope one day i can get good enough to be able to make actual characters.
                      like i would love to be able to make models to replace some of the monsters from the drake mod,
                      especially the night-gaunt which i think is an absolutely awesome enemy

the model it has doesnt do this awesome lovecraftian creature justice imo, it looks kinda cute actually
                      Fun fact about the Night Gaunt from Quoth: It's based on the alien creatures from Riddick: Pitch Black. I recognized it instantly, the Riddick movies are one of my favorite trilogies.

And talisa, you are definitely good enough already to make your own characters in my opinion.
                      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

oh yeah, i can instantly see the night-gaunt might be based on these creatures from riddick, at least the head is identical.

been ages since i watched the riddick movies myself, so i dun recall that creature.
                        but ill have to watch it again then so i can see it

also thanx for the compliment dutch!
                        I'll have to give it a try some time.

mebbe i can start with the nightgaunt's head some day.
                        doesnt seem like it would be to hard to make, especially now i have a better reference of what the creature's head was based on
                        Last edited by talisa; 03-09-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

no problem man!

if you watch Riddick: Pitch Black, you will also notice that Kell used the exact same sound clip of the creatures "whooping" for the Night Gaunt. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, I love this movie.
                          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

If you approach it as if you were doing a hard-surface model, that can give you a start.

There are plenty of pics of men and women in the 'T-Pose' with front and side views that you can load into Blender (or whatever you use) and get a basic human shape together.

I'm sure we can give you critique on the general shape.

Comment

just made a lil update to the axe to make it compatible with the new Q3A-like quad-effect from nahuel that seven added to the SMC

DOWNLOAD UPDATE FOR USE WITH SMC Q3A QUAD-EFFECT

Comment

try adding the following or something to your shader, outside of any passes.
                                deformVertexes wave <div> <func> <base> <amplitude> <phase> <freq>
                                where func is 'sin' or something, base is 2ish, and the rest 0, apparently.
                                should be able to get a fun effect out of that.
                                Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
                                X