MP2 DoE lantern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP2 DoE lantern

been thinking to do this model for a while since imo the original looks quite bleh even with WebAngel's great HD texture,
    and just a bit ago decided to get into blender and start on a remake of it... the wall-lantern from ROGUE (used in R1M5)

EDIT:
    big update: its done!

DOWNLOAD ROGUE LANTERN V1.11 - now with teamonster's edited glass-texture

if you try it lemme know what you think.
    im always open to suggestions for improving my models
    Last edited by talisa; 06-14-2014, 03:46 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

lookin good! (i would like to see the inside done :3)
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

went ahead and split the glass parts into their own model,
      and made the very basic interior of the lamp

glass isnt shown cuz of better visibility

now... what would be inside the lamp?
      suppose just a basic bulb-shaped lamp in center which is attached to the back would do,
      and have it hanging straight upwards against the back
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

after some searchings managed to find a perfect example of what i think this lamp's interior should be like
        HEAVY DUTY VINTAGE FRENCH RETRO INDUSTRIAL BULKHEAD warehouse WALL LIGHT lamp | eBay
        just like what that lamp has

simple, basic, sturdy... an old-school industrial lamp,
        which is what i like to think this lamp is as well
        Last edited by talisa; 06-10-2014, 08:57 AM.

Comment

just made the part for inside which holds the light-bulb

and here is how it looks when put inside the lamp:

fiddled around a bit with the size and placement of the light-part... seems good now, right?
          Last edited by talisa; 06-11-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

that's looking great! nice work.
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

ty sylux

just went ahead and added some basic wires to the light

and i UV-mapped the light-part

frame and glass i already UV-mapped before i started on light, so its ready to be textured

Comment

just went ahead and tried making a texture for the lamp

will prolly make the glass less trans for final.
                but in general it looks good, not?

Comment

just made luma and glow-maps for the model and exported it

> DOWNLOAD ROGUE LANTERN <

hope you all like it!
                  let me know what you think if you try it

Comment

I just don't get IT!? What lantern, in Rogue???

I dropped the file into my rogue directory, fired up DP's, loaded a host of maps and... not once did I see your cool lantern showing up Talisa!!!! All I see are torches in the game.
                    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

@damage
                      its only used exclusively in R1M5.
                      its not used in any other map, but its used a lot all over that one map.

so if you wanna see it, load up R1M5

Comment

AWESOME, thanks for the heads up

It's a nice little "true to the original style" HD update, great job.
                        Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

thanx

Comment

Looks good. I would suggest some weathering, especially around the edges of the glass panes.

Comment

ty TM

ill try some time to look at the glass.
                              i tried making the glass darker at the edges, but i guess it doesnt really show in-game much

Comment

Working...
                              X