Donīt play with fire ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes an rpg lol

It was a role playing game for me anyways but yea a puzzle game as well. I like it when a game makes you use your brain over just killing everything only. Like that game Primal when it came out I found myself going in circles at a couple of spots wondering wtf is going on here lol. Anyways I got my game genres backwards... I wasn't meaning to compare it to final fantasy or something like that.
    Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

@R00k:

Very cool! I'll be sure to use this, thank you.
      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

I think that you people should check out a Quake 2 mod called Weapons of Destruction. In that mod, there's a flame rocket launcher. If you fire a rocket on someone, that person will be inflamed for a few seconds. Also, the machine-gun was modified (it had fire rockets).
        "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Reminds me of Abyss of Pandemonium's fire grenades...looks great.

what if you could pull torches of the wall and use em to set enemies on fire which results in insta-kill?
          I've always had this weird idea about torches being evil like the demonic paintings that now actually do something scary thanks to SMC. I suppose it is possible to have TORCHES attack you with fire when you're comfortably hiding from enemies behind a wall and least expecting it...much like the phantom swordsman but with less fail and more ambush. But that's off topic for this thread, so I'll just leave you with that.
          Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

SEVEN THIS LOOKS WAY COOL!
            I hope i can still gibb with a rocket too.
            also smoke would be cool for the gray daemon (forgot his name)
            this is gonna be a cool add and add a lot to the game with out changing the game play too much! hell knights are gonna be so much cooler!

Comment

@ Dutch,

Quake is a very old game with a loooot of available mods.
              In my opinion/experience almost everything that one can imagine has been coded/done already for Quake...

The best existing Flame Thrower I know is the one in the "Jaguar" mod compilation. Done by Steve Bond & John Guthrie.
              It has its own really nice looking v_weapon model and the source is also available/included.
              It makes use of the s_explod.spr sprite instead of particles, as it doesnt make use of extensions (which hasnt been availabe in 1997, when the mod was done).
              You should definitely try that one if you want to include a Flame Thrower in your game/mod.

Some impressions:

There are also several more Flame Throwers (like in killerquake mod, etc).
              And a tutorial at inside3d if you are interested.

@ Pringles Man, talisa

Pickable/usable torches cannot be done if the map is not supporting it, but can be nicely done with qc and maps which supports the mod. As mentioned, I am always focusing on features which can be used with any standard map. So that the mod will not be limited to certain maps. In my personal opinion it would be a pity if a feature only works in certain maps, as these can get old quite quick and you start to miss the features in all other maps... But that is only my opionion and I am wrong with it many times

@ JDStoner

Yes, you can still gib enemies. Their self.th_die functions still start checking for health values (to decide if it should be gibbed), then it checks for inflaming and in the end for regular death.
              That is why you will notice in the short youtube clip that I had to set the soldiers on fire with T_RadiusDamage, as it would have gibbed otherwise. The 2 ogreīs are "strong" enough to take direct explosive hits and can be inflamed that way.

So it is really only an optional feature that you can enable/disable.
              And even when the monster is inflamed, you can gib it with a nice explosive hit.

Best wishes.

I am out for some time. So take care everybody and good bye.

Comment

suppose thats true about needing maps which have pickable torches added.
                it was just a random idea anyway, lol

btw that flamethrower model looks suspiciously much like the mirv-launcher from drake

that flamethrower is just shorter and without the sight-thingamajig.

perhaps both models were made by the same person?
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thanks for the link seven! I will check this out as well. It looks really well done, I love seeing features implemented using old school QC, models, and animations. It spawns a lot of creativity.
                  'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Working...
                  X