OpenGame.org Free/GPL textures/sound effects/music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGame.org Free/GPL textures/sound effects/music

I found this resource last night OpenGameArt.org , and I believe the project that I have been chasing for some time now would benifit that from website with out a doubt, so could anyone elses projects in the future that might fall under the same category.

Thanks to Patreon Staff member, who ever you are, for being so vigilant and quick to respond. You guys rock!

Just don't expect me to be able to answer any questions involving whats kosher and what isn't in terms of accumulating a collective of Free or GPL'd assets and remaining fully compliant,thats way out of my league. I'm out of my league and about shoulders deep in shit I don't know what to do with!

I suppose I could open PakScape and make an effort to rip out stuff that we can't use and replace it with stuff we can use, but I'm positive there will be inconsistencies that I am not considering, like texture resolutions, sound frequency or sample rates, and yada yada.

Making sense of everything is my failing!
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

don't forget gamebanana.com . They have free stuff too. I'm sure there are more sites of a similar nature. Honestly, often times, it's worth it to spend ?20 bucks instead of getting the incredibly similar free version. Generally the few dollars version comes with a rig and maybe a better texture.

Also, although this makes no sense to me, once you buy it you can distribute it however you like. So basically you could buy a model and then just give it away. I've bought a few <20$ models and done exactly that.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 08-19-2014, 02:49 PM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
    X