No announcement yet.

Arcane Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decided to try playing arcane dimensions again with the DP patch.
    while playing sock's map 'obsessive brick disorder' this errror keeps popping up every time i quicksave:

prvm_getstring: invalid temp-string offset (12 >= 0 prog->tempstringsbuf.cursize)
    it doesnt crash the game and nothing seems to be affected by it,
    but i keep getting the error every time i quicksave and thought id notify about it
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• that happens when a mod writes a tempstring to a global or field and then forgets to clear it out again.
      vanilla just uses a single location for tempstrings so it just saves some random value instead.
      that sort of thing can be a pain to track down without setting a breakpoint within the engine itself.
      Some Game Thing

Comment

• Which build is reccomended to run AD in Darkplaces?
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• i got a little bit of time to play a map or 2. so far this has been a outstanding mod love the zombie like knights. and everyone seems to be tossing bombs at you. i was busting out windows to get pick ups and guys were busting down walls to kill me. all the mis models added a lot to the environment. the 3 shot gun was a gib fest! the library in the hidden map was a good read. I hope some day you get your dragon in the basement.

Comment

• Arcane Dimensions is just incredible. I wonder if it's possible to enable the new weapons in regular Quake and in other custom levels.

I've searched and found the following on Quake's Steam Forum:

"Judging from some stuff in the readme, it looks like you could do this:
            - set "developer 1" before loading a map, then
            - use "impulse 9" to get all the base weapons, then
            - use another impulse (or alias) to "upgrade" a base weapon to one of the new weapons.

Impulse 200 Upgrade Axe (alias = "upgaxe")
            Impulse 205 Upgrade SSG (alias = "upgssg")
            Impulse 210 Upgrade LG (alias = "upglg")"

Sadly this does not appear to be working

Comment

• this is wonderful. truly wonderful.

Comment

• As everyone is discovering the MOD does work with the existing ID maps, so if you want the new weapons, particles and better quality gib/item models there are several ways to go about this.

Start with the quake.rc file in the root of the MOD directory. There is a only one variable in this file which the mod reads and this variable affects the MOD defaults.

Code:
                //-----------------------------------------------------------
                // All of the MOD features can be changed before loading
                // Add the values below together and update temp1
                //
                // 256     Turn OFF item offset (designed for new maps)
                // 512     Turn OFF randomly rotate ammo/health items
                // 1024    Turn ON particle system (default OFF)
                // 2048    Upgrade existing Axe, +75% dmg, gib zombies
                // 4096    Upgrade SSG weapon pickups, +50% dmg, uses 3 shells
                // 8192    Upgrade LG weapon pickups, Direct + Splashdamage
                //
                // 65536   Turn ON Player Auto Aim
                // 131072  Turn OFF projectiles/casings for Shotguns
                // 262144  Turn OFF Z aware monsters
                // 524288  Turn OFF Enemy/player footsteps
                // 1048576 Turn OFF AI path extra info
                // 2097152 Turn OFF Monster liquid damage
                // 
                // For example
                // 3072 = Turn on particles and upgrade axe (1024 + 2048)
                //-----------------------------------------------------------
                temp1 1024
                The temp1 variable is a bit flag and you just need to get a calculator and add the values together in the list.

Why does the mod use this variable?
                I wanted to maintain maximum compatibility with all the different Quake engines (every engine understands temp1) and I don't think its a good idea to limit yourself to one (DP) engine for a MOD.

The temp1 variable is currently used to switch on the particle system. This is setup this way just in case someone needs to switch off the particle system because of engine/map problems.

How do you play ID maps with new weapons?
                Change the temp1 variable to the follow (1024 + 2048 + 4096 + 8192 = 15360)

Then load your favourite ID map and viola you now have AD ID map goodness! I did do a lot of testing with the ID maps and I did not find any issues (not to say they don't exist!)

I know that a lot of community maps don't work with this MOD because of the map hacks (special entity setups). I did add a lot of extra entry points for map hacks, but it is very hit or miss if they work or not.

You can also change some of the MOD options with console commands (check quake.rc for the alias section) but these are not permanent and have to be setup each time the engine is loaded.

Which build is recomended to run AD in Darkplaces?
                There is a patch available on the MODdb page. I highly recommend you download this patch for DP. If you are using Quakespasm stay with the original download as Patch 1 does break ceiling monsters (sorry my bad, will be fixed in patch 2 which is currently being tested)

Hopefully in the next week or two I will have patch 2 finished and an extra surprise!

Comment

• BV might have been asking "which DarkPlaces build".

=====

An extra surprise huh? Fancy!

Comment

• BV might have been asking "which DarkPlaces build"
                    Yes indeed, doh! I used the latest stable version - build 20140513
                    I recommend a clean build, I did not test any HD asset packs

Comment

• Very thanks!
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• if Bethesda EVER does a Quake5 it should look like this!
                        and hire simon to spearhead the project!
                        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• Originally posted by R00k View Post
                          if Bethesda EVER does a Quake5 it should look like this!
                          and hire simon to spearhead the project!
                          Haha, R00k you have made my day!
                          Have a new AD map screenshot as a thank you

PS. the Img tags seem to be broken for me, oh well ...

Comment

• Great stuff Sock!!!!

Comment

• fucking hell sock, you're a mapping god

Comment

• cripes!! thats freaking awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                                X