No announcement yet.

HD textures for SP-maps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost finished a Texture pack for A Roman Wilderness of Pain by Tronyn. Don't know if I must include textures like Maya, Rome etc.. from Mission Pack 2, because If you have MP2 textures in your id1 folder, they load without problems with custom maps.
    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

@blood vengeance
      something wicked is going to take a while, as there are a looot of daikatana textures
      used in the map which i will have to remake from scratch

i think i might finish arcanum first, as the textures still needed for that episode are mostly IKblue and more wd textures,
      which shouldnt take as much time to make since i wont have to remake them from scratch

and nah, you shouldnt include HD textures that are from the original game and the official mission-packs.
      those will only unnecesarily make the download of your pack bigger
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

A Roman Wilderness of Pain is almost done, since 99% of textures are already done: some doom textures, some are from heretic/hexen and others were done from you. As for myself I've done 2-3 custom textures. Coming soon!
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

cool blood vengeance

when you're done with HD texture-pack from ARWoP,
          make at least one good picture which shows off the map looking fancy,
          and post the pic and link to pack both here.

and i will add your pack to the list
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

just finished making a bunch more textures for Tronyn's Arcanum episode!

i also did the pent_swk animated texture-set!

and of course i added the window4 texture which i did yesterday

i again put these new textures in an update-pack rather then re-packing the entire HD-pack,
            so that you all will only have to download the update if you already have the v0.63 pack

Comment

I have to make picture album soon, to show pictures of my projects. I think that tomorrow ill upload the pack
              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Today I hadn't much time to create a picture album, anyway I was able to finish another texture and upload the A Roman Wilderness of Pain Texture Pack. Talisa, if you want to put the link in this thread first page, free to do it, since this is a thread about HD textures for custom maps/mods and fits well in the category. Texture pack is not 100% complete since I'm not capable to do the few remaining textures (don't remember exactly, I think 3 or 4 textures are missing, but are not so important since they are in a secret area of the start map). Here's the link to the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6p8wo7p5is...v.1.0.pk3?dl=0
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

hmm you seem to have missed three textures which are used in the start-map,
                  which are very obviously not HD

ill look into making those two textures later and will add them to the pack,
                  and then ill make a couple pics and add the pack which includes those missing textures to the list
                  Last edited by talisa; 06-15-2015, 06:41 AM.

Comment

they're nothing special, but voila

done by overlaying the original textures on top of rome01

Comment

Thanks Talisa for the textures. Unfortunately of 2 people who can help me with photoshop: one is in Brazil for work til September, the other a former friend but now we hate each other Anyway I'm reading some tutorial to improve my non existent skills, so maybe I will able to make some more intersting stuff.
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

ah i just looked and saw the textures you meant in the secret area in start-map that are missing.

ill make those too later, shouldnt be hard at all since they're just copies of met4_4 with some blood-splatters on them.

i did also make the hell skill texture btw! i included it in the arcanum pack

i didnt make the glowing-letter versions though, ill make those later.
                        those should be easy enough, just some glow overlay over the letters

Comment

The only ones of those in secret hell area I did are the metal4_4 variant with the 2 skin masks on it and the wrath flag on metal4_4. those variant with blood n them I've tried but the result was so crappy i have deleted all
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

@blood vengeance
                            thats ok, no worries. my skills are luckily a bit better

Comment

Hopefully yes, but I wonder who's the crazy who goes try to play Hell....
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

noticed metblood4 is used incorrectly aligned so i made a version of the texture specially for the start-map
                                which is 50% moved to the right and has the blood-splat centered on the outer-edges instead of center

looks much much better

@blood vengeance
                                to answer your question... me?
                                i always play all maps on the hardest possible difficulty. i like a good challenge!
                                Last edited by talisa; 06-15-2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X