A dark place (WIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dark place (WIP)

Well I am not a "real" mapper. but i am making short games using darkplaces engine I am working with a friend. I am makiing maps, qc and textures, some sounds and music. He is making music, and level design.

This is a work in progress. So do not expect hight quality yet. Although, truth be told, the end result will be similar. I am no using many models here, except for some tree, barrels and lamps. The rest is pure brush-working.
    The prop-models will be implemented later using a pseudo-random location system.

You cant not walk in the forest!!

flashlight and GPL textures and stuff are primal in the game

non-detailed-yet exterior of the factory

yeah, fake lens-flare in the start of the game, not so good look aniway, but the fake lens flare add some creepy-cinematic-ambience to the game

exterior sector in the interior map

My favorite sector of the map

Storm-lightning!! you can see the beams!

If you like the project you can see it more stuff in CatGazing Studios company - Mod DB

Thanks
    Last edited by nahuel; 10-05-2016, 04:44 PM.
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

mistery house

some terrain work done with beziers and dotproduct, aniway needs some phong shading

an internal window

syluxman2803

Comment

I'll be curious to see where this is going. Some kind of Slender Man game, I suppose, judging by the synopsis on the ModDB page?
      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

A Dark Place is right. Some of those images are solid black or practically.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Very nice looking screen shots.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

This looks very promising Nahuel. I hope the in-game atmosphere matches that seen in the screenshots. It also goes to show just what Darkplaces is capable of outside of a traditional Quake setting. Keep up the good work

Kind regards

Monty
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Hahaaa,

Nahuel strikes again

Very good to see you in action again. Coding is your passion and you should do it everyday. It keeps you busy and prevents you from doing other "not so good" things like in your near past.

A nice game title you have: "A dark place"
              It fits quite good to the engine you are using ... hehe.

But tell me, what is behind your screenshot no.1 ?
              Is it really just a grey small square ? Do I have to touch the square with my nose and look straight forward to see the secret level ? *just kidding*

Great job as always Nahuel.

Best regards,
              Seven

Comment

@bfg666
                hahaha to be honest Slenderman was our reference at first (we said "lets make a simple game in less than one month") But you know, when you really love a project this will grow day by day (look at the "small" mod compilation of Seven!!!) . We've added a little story, puzzles, and weapons (though this latter is a small surprise )

@MadGypsy

the darkness is the main thing dude

@Baker thanks !

@Mr.Burns I think the atmosphere is essential here. And it's hard to keep it, but if you have good surrounding sounds and a good level design you can do it.

@Seven I am actually very bad programming. Even I do not know the ways to not break the protocol and all here are evil hackings. But i do not care !! this is not multiplayer so I do not care about protocol

Darkplaces is great to work, is very very robust.

you gave me a great idea for a screamer !!
                thanks for your comments!
                Last edited by nahuel; 10-05-2016, 04:48 PM.

syluxman2803

Comment

Don't get me wrong. The stuff you can see looks amazing! But...solid black with a dot in it?

I have a similar, full-featured, 3D project called "God never said 'Let there be light'"... as you can see the graphics are amazing...

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                    Don't get me wrong. The stuff you can see looks amazing! But...solid black with a dot in it?

I have a similar, full-featured, 3D project called "God never said 'Let there be light'"... as you can see the graphics are amazing...

the power of imagination!!

This is the screenshot with gamma corrected, i think i need to adjust my gamma and brightness properly ... (you know, old Nvidia drivers under linux are not so good )
                    Last edited by nahuel; 10-05-2016, 04:46 PM.

syluxman2803

Comment

@gypsy
                      if those images from nahuel look like 'solid black' to you,
                      you should either check your monitors settings, or consider getting a less crappy monitor

i can see all details very clearly in all of them
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I just have whatever comes on this laptop. Probably half or more of the world has a generic monitor, should they get a new one too?

I can see the gamma corrected image. I can also see the images that you left in the OP.

Comment

reworking external map

I'm happy with the work

syluxman2803

Comment

A dark place in DarkPlaces?

With just a little course adjustment, could I suggest...

Making Kingpin 2?

Pls count me in for playtesting!

[off topic]@MG
                            I saw them on tour for that album in Manchester 91'.
                            It was awesome, glad it was before Marty left.
                            Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                            https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                            https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                            https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                              Pls count me in for playtesting!
                              I think his list of playtester is already longer than the Chinese Wall

Keep it up Nahuel.

Comment

Working...
                              X