• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks very very nice, I hope you keep up this awesome work Nahuel
    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

@Adam

kingpin is a great game, i didnt think about it!
      sure , if you want to be a tester you will be (feedback required)
      @Seven
      Not really

@Blood Vengeance

Than for your comment!! i think i will
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Oh I saw your mod on Moddb, it is outstanding to see what the quake engine is able of under steroids, this is really the magic of OpenSource.
        The graphic level reminds me of Half-Life 2

Comment

I like it. I have to turn up the brightness on my monitor to see much in some of the earlier shots (and too much darkness makes me feel like I'm going blind), but I like it.

Comment

@Incognito @gulliver-trans

thanks for your comments

syluxman2803

Comment

The gamma corrected picture is perfect. Very nice visuals, the lighting is top notch. I'll be watching this project closely nahuel! Make sure you keep it at man, too many projects end up dead around here...I'm guilty of that myself in the past lol
              'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

@Dutch glad to see you here
                !

this is a WIP
                I was playing metro last light, i saw the fancy (and maybe exagerated) effects in each light source and i say "why not?"
                Currently i am making some fake lights effects inspired in that game, the fake effects is enterely done in csqc

I need to adjust some values, add some qc work, and one more image...
                I use 7 different images in csqc, three transparent shaders, and three light sources. No coronas or rtlights here just lightmaps, images and shaders!

this effect is not so "static". In my game is really good to look, i think, But imo this effect is useless in quake because is something too "scripted" (and the effect is nice to see if you added some map work) Aniway if you like this kind of effect, you can use some gl injector like reshade if you have a powerfull pc.

syluxman2803

Comment

Hello Nahuel,

That reminds me of the light beams we were working on for Quake some years ago ...
                  Nice work. The shadow on the ceiling does not match the light source though.

Keep us updated of your work !

Have fun,
                  Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    Hello Nahuel,

That reminds me of the light beams we were working on for Quake some years ago ...
                    Nice work.
                    D yeah! i remember these beam lights!! thank you

The shadow on the ceiling does not match the light source though.
                    :
                    hehehe is 128*128 lightmap!!!, no bounce no dirt, no samples, anything in the light stage !!!! (and lightmapscale is 1), this is just a test

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                      this is just a test
                      A really beautiful test indeed !
                      You always come up with the best ideas nahuel.

Comment

Any updates nahuel?
                        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Awesome concept and work!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                            Any updates nahuel?
                            the game progress is really good, i am alone right now. My friend will prepare a decent trailer in a few days. We have already a little beta demo (to show the basic gameplay) but we do not have a good english translation yet. The idea is to recruit some 2d-3d artist to join us.

@gdiddy62 thank you !! i am happy to see you here

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                              We have already a little beta demo (to show the basic gameplay) but we do not have a good english translation yet.
                              Great news my friend !!

I can suggest google translate. It does a good job and works in light speed without much trouble. Even though some words may not be 100% accurate, all english speaking people will understand it for sure. And will of course understand better than Portuguese

Looking forward to your and your friends demo.

Keep up the amazing work !

Comment

Even though some words may not be 100% accurate, all english speaking people will understand it for sure.
                                oh google translator is useless because many texts are puzzles, so we need a fluent spanish-english translator

And will of course understand better than Portuguese
                                well, my native language is spanish curious. portuguese-speaking people understand spanish easily but not vice versa.

Looking forward to your and your friends demo.

Keep up the amazing work !
                                thank you

syluxman2803

Comment

Working...
                                X