No announcement yet.

A dark place (WIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know quite a bit of spanish, but i'm not extremely fluent by any means. I'm decent at reading it. Not so great at writing (my grammar sucks) and I have to speak real slow to get it right lol. I might be able to help a little, though.

¡Yo pensé que ellos hablan español en Argentina! Lol.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

just use google translate and then send your results to someone like me that can decipher the shitty results into what it should actually say.

If you meant that the words themselves are part of a puzzle...simply translate each word individually and assign the appropriate word to each part of the puzzle.

Alternately, you could probably just get all your phrases together and hire an actual translator. How many phrases could you possibly have? It would probably cost you next to nothing and take an actual human translator about 15 minutes to translate and transcribe everything you have. I mean, even if the translator charged 50$ an hour and the first hour was automatic - $50 is chump change. You could beg under a bridge and make that in a couple/few hours. I'm not saying you are poor and need to beg under bridges. I'm saying even if you are super poor it wouldn't be that hard to come up with the funds.

Maybe you could even take the beg-under-bridge idea to a new level even if you have all the money. Get a piece of cardboard and write this on it.

"Will work for fluent Spanish to English translations". You'll pique someone's interest and they'll do it for free.

---semi-unrelated

There is a guy under a nearby bridge with a sign that says "Will work for money and more work." which is basically saying "Give me a job." lol. He's always under that bridge so apparently his sign is not generating any work, I always see people handing him money though. When I worked in the French Quarter last year, there was a guy with a sign that said "Give me a dollar or I'm voting for Trump." I read it and told him "Perfect." He flipped the sign and it read "Give me a dollar or I'm voting for Hillary." LOL! I gave him 2 dollars for being fast and clever.
      Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-31-2016, 11:43 AM.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
        ¡Yo pensé que ellos hablan español en Argentina! Lol.

thank you i will send you a mp soon
        yeah, we speak spanish! seven think we speak portugueses

@madgipsy

I will send to dutch:

-the original text
        -my poor translation
        - explanation of the puzzle

this will be enough i think
        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Cool, sounds good! I'll do my best. Seven was probably thinking of your neighbor Brazil...I believe they speak Portuguese there.
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
            Cool, sounds good! I'll do my best. Seven was probably thinking of your neighbor Brazil...I believe they speak Portuguese there.
            yeah ! same roots aniway

syluxman2803

Comment

hello quake friends!!!

I am looking for some gameplay-testers. Please keep in mind: this is a gpl game but we do not want to release it until beta demo is finished.

have a nice day

syluxman2803

Comment

hello quake friends!!!

I am looking for some gameplay-testers. Please keep in mind: this is a gpl game but we do not want to release it until beta demo is finished.

have a nice day

syluxman2803

Comment

How big is the download? My internet kind of sucks, but if it is a small file I am willing to test it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Julius View Post
                    How big is the download? My internet kind of sucks, but if it is a small file I am willing to test it for you.
                    right now the build is 438 mb (not compressed)

syluxman2803

Comment

Hmm, actually a bit too big to easily download here. But I guess I could download it at work. PM me a link.

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                        hello quake friends!!!

have a nice day
                        =)

{promise me there are no dancing aliens)
                        Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                        https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                        https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                        https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                          =)

{promise me there are no dancing aliens)
                          sorry
                          i can not promise that

syluxman2803

Comment

Lol!
                            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

sure, throw me a copy
                              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

dissolved team, canceled project

My teammates have decided do not anything this project so I have abandoned it. I release here an alpha, for those who want to try it, if you understand some Spanish.

maybe i will continue with the depelovment, but i do not know

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bqnbhkm09...8d9tzEWFa?dl=0

Thank you

syluxman2803

Comment

Working...
                                X