New Arcane Dimensions map preview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arcane Dimensions map preview.

Hello everyone, here is a little sneak peak of my new work in progress titled Paradise Sickness. The map is for Arcane Dimensions and the theme is an excavation base surrounding Egyptian ruins.

Gallery of images here on Imgur:
    Preview map for Arcane Dimensions - Album on Imgur

I made a little youtube teaser here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ky_56CrkM

This map will be available Soon(TM). Much more work to do.

Redfield.

Nice work Redfield, can't wait to check out the final version!

Comment

Look beautiful Redfield, your last map was excellent, this is very promising, and since I love Arcane Dimensions your map + AD should be a great combo. Do you use coloured lights in that map right?
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Looks good except, if I may voice a criticism, your sphinx in the first picture: its proportions are wrong, it looks like it has no torso and its front legs are attached directly to its neck.

See this for reference:
        ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
        ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

@bfg666: Indeed I have noticed this and Mr. Sphinx has changed to have more of an upper body. Mostly I just decreased the arm size in proportion.

My understanding is that the actual Sphinx has a very small head in relation to its body because it was re-carved from an earlier, larger head likely in order to please the vanity of some pharaoh. I've always thought the Sphinx looks a little silly as a result. My Sphinx is a big-headed one.

I'm trying to incorporate lots of interesting things in this map that people may never have seen before, currently on track to be finished by end of summer. Hopefully...
          Last edited by Redfield; 06-18-2017, 07:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Redfield View Post
            My understanding is that the actual Sphinx has a very small head in relation to its body because it was re-carved from an earlier, larger head likely in order to please the vanity of some pharaoh.
            Yeah, it is said that it originally was a lion statue and that the head was later resculpted to the likeness of Kheops. Probably not out of vanity though, rather as a display of power.
            ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
            ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Nice work so far. I'm always up for some more AD enhanced maps.
              I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Comment

A couple new screens can be seen here:

http://imgur.com/a/Enpt5

Still tweaking the lighting, it can be really frustrating because you have to compile everytime you change a light to see the difference. I also sometimes really wish Quake had realistic dynamic lights, but it is not to be.

I've been slowed down a bit by work and moving, but still on track to be released this summer.

Comment

Glad to see you've found some time to carry on with this. I especially like that second shot. Very atmospheric.
                  I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Comment

I've seen these shots at FUNC. Love the story you have developed for this one. Can't wait.
                    Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

Working...
                    X