No announcement yet.

Gore mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its worth noting that Q1 hull sizes are aligned to the entities absmin position.
    this means that if you setsize your head-gibs to '-16 -16 -8', '16 16 48' then your gib's origin and center-of-rotation will always be 8qu off the ground.
    the catch is that it will extend outwards in the other directions too, which can make spawning it awkward - ie it will typically need to be spawned 8qu from the ground too, which is likely unacceptable. you can use tracebox (yay extensions) to attempt to find somewhere safe, but you may be unable to do this reliably enough (on failure just make it pointsized or something).
    fun tricks are fun, even if you're not able to actually use them
    Some Game Thing

Comment

Seven
      I solved that by using the Solid-extension mentioned by spike. Regarding the engine limitation it may limit the compatibility further but it works wonders, though i will either use fte or dp in the end. I wil look at your functions in the smc after the weekend. Blood fountain ? You got my attention The “zombieheadcut" function is up for next week, when i start again. RThanks for mentioning it! The Deathknight clip was a model collision bug with my code. I replace every models that got a severed limb with a new model and forgot to spawn it +3 unit from the surface, so it spawned slightly inside the brush. I fixed that already.
      About the particle thing: Ultimate facepalm! I'm a little slower in my head than others :-) Now i undestood what you meant. My install folder was dirty and some things came together that shouldn't be together. Fixed that too. I already had a look at the Gyro folders in the QC source of your smc and i really would like to add it, as soon as i finished the models of this mod. Well, the most urgent models at least. I activated it while playing smc and found, that it is a maserpiece indeed! it was nice to see what the Gyro code adds in terms of immersion and believability to the Quake World.

@ Dutch:
      I think the sizes where Human, Ogre and Shambler size. I wanted to spawn gibs in a random location of these sizes, but messed up the whole thing. Now i spawn gibs at self.origin + '0 0 16' for everything but the shambler. it looks ok and works. I saw some nice hipnotic code that spawns explosions in a way i wanted to spawn my gibs, maybe i will use that code or a variation to do what i wanted in the first place :-)

@ Spike:
      I think the self.origin = self.origin + '0 0 16'; line does work good until i eventually use the hipnotic code. I think. i still have so much to learn.

Am on the hurry, have a nice day you all and a let me spend you a Megahealth for your help and criticism

Edit: Just fixed the slid-hopping thing with two little
      Code:
      if (self.v_angle_x >0)
      return;
      lines :-)
      Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 09-09-2017, 07:36 AM.
      I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
      My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

There's definitely no ogre size. Look at the vectors VEC_HULL and VEC_HULL2 in defs.QC (link below). If you don't want collision issues, outside of doing some tracebox check like spike suggested you only really have 1 option to guarantee no issues: make the gibs pointsize (VEC_ORIGIN). It's best to spawn gibs at the origin of whatever they are coming from (player, fiend, ogre, whatever). This guarantees they won't spawn in the wall or floor, and unless you're playing DP in slow motion, you can hardly even notice.

if you've decided that you're going to use either dp or FTE, then use FTE. Straight up, it's a no-brainer. The author of this engine is already in your thread leaving you helpful comments. And you would be hard pressed to find a more knowledgeable guy on quake engines than spike.
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Finally switched to darkplaces, because i will need the attachment system later.
          Been working on some particle effects. Not final, but a start:

qore20170914114504-00.jpg <- streaming blood from ceiling (still have to make decals for their source).
          qore20170914130214-00.jpg<- Bloodmist cloud, expanded a few seconds after fragging the soldiers.
          qore20170914124420-00.jpg <- Decals together with gibs. Still have to find the right originjitter/size combination for the decals.

Comment

heh neat, gibs dripping to celiing and dripping blood, me like
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thanksgiving. Currently Working on the right blood color and individual dismemberment effects. Tedius but entertaining Work.

Comment

i'm liking this, is it going to be like a "brutal quake" ? if so im ready!

Comment

Hello ceriux, yes, this is going to be a Little bit brutal , though i don't want to mimic brutal Doom. But Because of the Nature of my Mod they will have a Lot similarities. By the way, May i use your kick Models in my Mod? I found Them over at INSIDEqc and Would have use for a mighty ranger boot :-)

Have a Nice day,
                  Tkj.

Comment

yeah, that models available for anyone.

edit: i heard at one point the leg and its animations we're facing the wrong direction. if its the case let me know and i can fix it fairly quick and easy.
                    Last edited by ceriux; 09-17-2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Hello Ceriux,
                      thanks for the permission anyway :-)
                      I didn't notice a faulty leg-point. Do you mean the v_ model or the player character animation?

Progress video with the particle effects: https://vimeo.com/234458989
                      You can see the particle effects, the kick function, sliding, a new weapon (with a model by preach) and some painloops, which renders an enemy unable to act.
                      Meanwhile i made the blood clouds more transparent.
                      I have to redo some of the particlefont, because the blood is too generic in my taste. I messed it up a few days ago after having fancy ideas :-)
                      Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 09-19-2017, 02:26 AM.

Comment

I mean the v_model if it is off i could be wrong.

Oh and btw i think you should be able to use your texture replacements on the leg as well. I think it just uses the player skin i could be wroong but you could try.
                        Last edited by ceriux; 09-19-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

The only thing i saw was, that the kick animation scene in the player model was turned 90° to the right. But it was easy to show the Ranger where he should place his boot to flatten Monster noses :-) I use no payer replacement skin atm. But i will try one and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKillingJoke View Post
                            Finally switched to darkplaces, because i will need the attachment system later.
                            Been working on some particle effects. Not final, but a start:
                            hey just read this i think fte supports darkplaces setattachment.

Comment

Oops... i should learn to read in depth
                              Anyway, i'm on Darkplaces now and will stick to it.

Comment

Dismemberment / Disarm.
                                Some enemies can now live on after loosing a limb. Some will loose any ability to attack, other types, like the ogre, will resort to another attack
                                they have. For example, whenever an ogre looses his chainsaw ar, he will go into a grenade-rampage. The Demon will only use his remaining arm.
                                A Shambler ... well, the Shambler (the only one left to set up for this) can only loose limbs if the player has a Quad Damage rune. Zombies can
                                even fight on with only one arm left.

Here you can see what mess the current state of this mod can make.

Had a lot of fun and a lot of frustration while making this :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X