Gore mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What i did for v 0.5 so far:

- Explosions have now the chance to throw things around, may it be monsters, gibs or players.
    - added GYRO 2.20 with _very_ basic physics for monsters, explosions, projectiles & gibs.
    - dead corpses are now gibbable with any weapon and don't block other enemies. Still needs a lot of tweaking to feel and look ok.
    - dead corpses and gibs now align with their ground, thanks to spikes code
    - to make things more spicy, each monster now has an increased randomised health amount.
    - added more death variations by combining particles, pain, walking & death frames with dismemberment models (kinda brutal).
    1-4 new combinations of walking/shooting/painframe/swinging melee weapon after death. Imagine getting sawed by a decapitated ogre :-)
    - replaced one dismemberment model for the soldier.
    - added explosion debris.
    - all explosions can set things on fire.
    - added falling sounds and footsteps for all monsters and the player.
    - The half of your fired shotgun pellets will now pierce the target.
    - added particle effects for all weapons, weapon projectiles, explosions and water splashes.
    - finally fixed my glorious weapon-pickup bug. By removing the weapons.
    - Added the dismemberment for the zombie.
    - reduced the velocity for gibs when producing them with explosive weapons.
    - made new weapon and armor pickup models - Dead Rangers you can loot
    - added the short range teleporter
    - monster now only loose a limb if under a certain health threshhold.

What i still have to do to v 0.5:
    1 second slowmo when using the Short Range Teleporter.
    Make the last 4 monsters bleed from their wounds.
    Rework the Nailguns and Super Nailguns impact.
    Rework some Gyro forces on projectiles.
    Nailgun & Super Nailgun death-animations.
    Make monsters bleed from their dismemberment wounds (5 Monsters to go).

Here is a video with some of the new features, like physics, tweaked particles, patched animations.:
    I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
    My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

yoo this update looks really cool. you should start a moddb page and see if you can get any new followers!

Comment

Hehe. Thanks, maybe i will . Mainly modding for the fun of it but hey, why not. This already became more than i expected. I have so many ideas and so little time. I even took a quick n sorry detour to have a look at sagdoll, which is brilliant but would take ages to weave Into this. I didn't even made the stuff of my initial list.

Edit: Note to self: never comment with cellphone again.
        Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 10-13-2017, 04:21 AM.

Comment

im trying to change the shotgun damage, i tried 100 shots with 0.0001 0.0001 spread , not changing shell damage
          modifying w_fireshotgun seems to do nothing, what should i change?

wanted to do something like a sniper/railgun, but since im not that advanced to add another weapon
          something like 1 shot kill

edit: very nice work, and its running well on linux core2duo, ati x1550 ~60fps with darkplaces some lighting disabled

Comment

Hello zpimp,
            you can make the shotgun into a powerful rifle by changing the red zero in this line:

FireBullets (3, dir, '0.04 0.04 0', 0);

in the fundtion called
            void() FireShotgun =
            to a higher number.

Note, that you have to replace the function call in
            void() W_Attack =
            from
            PM_FireDoomShotgun();
            to
            FireShotgun();

Then you can play around with the spread settings and bullet counts in the FireBullets call
            in the function.

void() FireShotgun =

FireBullets (3, dir, '0.04 0.04 0', 0);

Have fun,
            TKJ.

Comment

i have only modified firebullets straight in PM_FireDoomShotgun function
              FireBullets (1, dir, '0.0001 0.0001 0', 1000);
              and seems to be enough

i assume pm_firedoomshotgun is only used by the player, and w_fireshotgun is used by monsters?

Comment

FireBullets is called by the grunts, no other monster uses a hitscan attack, as far as i remember. And yes, your assumption about the Doomshotgunfireblah thingyfunction is right :-)

Comment

played a little (first 3 episodes)
                  i just added one shot kill, weapon zoom, and grapple hook

im playing vanilla quake without texture packs, im amazed of how much details can be added and how much difference does it make, yet the mod is still small in size and low detail enough to be playable on low-end hardware

if i can make a suggestion, keep it this way (small size and playable on low end hardware)

i cant imagine how much work this took, this is exactly what i wanted

found one bug:
                  http://quake.wikia.com/wiki/Knight
                  2 instances, when i cut off the hand of the knight, the hand without sword, it seems hes becoming run-through and can only be killed by splash damage of rocket launcher

is there a way to make monsters gib every time ?

Comment

There will be a cvar in the next version that defines how often monsters gib. That will make you able to instagib every monster on death :-)

Edit:
                    Sorry, i was in a hurry yesterday.
                    About the knight: That'll be fixed in the next version. It takes a lot of work to do this :-)
                    Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 10-24-2017, 06:03 AM.

Comment

what engines do you play on, i can only get it to work on darkplaces
                      not working on quakesparm, fitzquake, ezquake

Comment

Well, the reason you only can start it with darkplaces is, that it only runs with darkplaces :-)
                        Maybe you want to take a look at the readme file.

Edit: V 0.6 is here :-)
                        It's growing and growing... maybe i someday get near to what i have in mind for this mod.
                        Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 10-26-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

first, what do you have in mind for the mod, eventually?
                          i have read the readme it clearly states its darkplaces only, my bad

about 0.6 this far:
                          gibs now can be shot with shotgun and moved, very nice, this gives it more realism
                          i think the ogre head gib, cant be shot, it stays still
                          the gib with torso and head seems kinda big

some times dogs still freeze in the air

i tried on every difficulty level, and soldiers can have grenade launcher an super nailgun, this seems is kinda hard for easy

will test more

Comment

"some times dogs still freeze in the air"
                            I call it "The frozen Dog of the new years moon"
                            And if i don't find the reason why it happens, i will call it a feature.

Nah, seriously: If i find the reason for that bug it's ok. The Ogre head and Torso will be fragable in the next version. The same counts for some other gibs, like some Shambler body parts.

Thanks for your reports and have a nice day! :-)

Comment

A quick 'n dirty look at the next big content of this mod after i got rid of the current bugs:

Dismantling.
                              The player will be able to shoot monsters to pieces. Bit by bit. But as said, first i iron out the bugs, then i can start to work on this. Oh, and probably i will implement the frikbot and work on the multiplayer part a bit.

So have a look at the earliest working version of dismantling if you want:
                              https://youtu.be/tbplIU_jRcA

oh, that's gonna be sweet if i get it to work properly

Comment

Progress:

- fixed the bugs that where mentioned for v0.6
                                - added cvar to switch double-jump on/off

- finished the damage models for 7 of 10 monsters who will have them (bloody textures and code still waiting to be done). A funny thing: While testing the first working version with the grunt, it happened from time to time, that other grunts shot their damaged comrades, dissassembling them further. So with v0.7 monstters will also be able to paint the walls red, when they hit other monsters. Have some visuals:

- worked on the full body gib particle effects. Looks definitely better in my opinion. But that's a matter of taste. I still want a misty blood cloud.

Comment

Working...
                                X