[request] to make a (simple?) progs.dat to change projectile origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [request] to make a (simple?) progs.dat to change projectile origin

so essentially, this is a request if somebody could make a progs.dat file that would make the grenades, rockets and nails appear to come from the positions the guns are in this visual modifiaction:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8two3n...ns_v2.zip/file
    obviously the shotguns need no change and the thunderbolt matters not really but the nails, nades and rockets just seem off when firing.
    I know seven did similar to this is his "weapons moved tot he right side" mod (god thats a catchy name) but I cant simply use that as the models are nowhere near the same position as that mod.

why not do this myself? well if I could do that Id' not ask eh?
    I know to some of you this is as simple as breathing. I am not one of those people.
    I just figure that if you don't ask you'll never know eh?

thanks in advance...

Latchford

Actually I just recently did this for the Authentic Models project. Versions 1.10 and 1.11 have these adjustments. I had hoped to correct the Thunderbolt beam as well, but the fixes that work for all the other weapons don't apply there for some reason.

The only catch is that I based my adjustments on a fixed version of the source code with stuff like double fish count or megahealth rot bug fixed. If you want me to apply the projectile fixes only and use vanilla QuakeC as base, it can be done easily. I can also provide the source code then so you can see which files/code lines were altered.
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

I think you might have misunderstood me a bit. i just want the weapons to fire the nail projectiles at an angle that matches the angled weapon models position as in this file.
      the progs in your latest pack are for centred weapons.

or am i misunderstanding you? i dunno anymore... starting to remember why I stopped quake modding. so many headaches...

Ive tried and failed to understand quake code.
      believe me when i say theres no helping me to understand it either.
      if someone else can do this then great. they have my admiration and grattitude.
      but i'll never manage it.

but figured id ask anyhow...

Comment

Well, I am sure it's not a big deal to do it for angled weapons, too. All it takes is to add the offset for moving the projectile origin to the left/right.

I could set you up with the source code + compiler and walk you through what you need to do where and how. You will need to experiment with offsets a bit since that's the unknown factor in the code that already exists for this purpose.

It's good to learn something new from time to time. It's not that hard, I got into it without previous knowledge in just a few hours. I didn't turn into a QuakeC coding crack, but it was enough to apply code changes and produce functional progs.dat files.
        Last edited by NightFright; 11-22-2020, 05:49 AM.
        Authentic Models Pack
        OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
        LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

nevermind...

*edit*
          so I figured, bollocks to code! I'll do it the way I do everything, the wrong way but with results!
          I pysically moved the s_spike, spike and missile models over to the right, down and forward a little bit. that looks fine and magically does not even break the nailtraps. which i thought it might...
          Put simply, I did it the easy way.

...well, easy for me...

heres the file if anyone's interested: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zjikxi...ns_v2.zip/file
          Last edited by osjclatchford; 11-22-2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by osjclatchford View Post
            nevermind...

*edit*
            so I figured, bollocks to code! I'll do it the way I do everything, the wrong way but with results!
            I pysically moved the s_spike, spike and missile models over to the right, down and forward a little bit. that looks fine and magically does not even break the nailtraps. which i thought it might...
            Put simply, I did it the easy way.

...well, easy for me...

heres the file if anyone's interested: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zjikxi...ns_v2.zip/file
            Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

apologies, try this: https://www.mediafire.com/file/iewum...ns_v2.zip/file

Comment

Hi osjclatchford,

I put it here, just in case someone will come up with the same issue/question again:
                Move your weapons and projectiles

It does exactly what the threat title asks for.

Best wishes,
                Seven

Comment

Working...
                X