No announcement yet.

Quake Reforged Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As you see, you can obtain some enhancements using photoshop filters applied on the original skin, but with varied results depending on the type of monster. Nothing special to be honest.

***EDITED to avoid confusion
    Last edited by Nergal; 11-13-2009, 03:28 AM.

Quake Reforged
    Retexturing and Reskinning project for Quake, Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity

Downloads:
    SoA skins
    DoE skins pre-release

Comment

• Originally posted by Nergal View Post
      I've edited the scrag to appear more aggressive (eyes, etc.)

@TR2N and Mindf!3ldzX
      Yep, it's our free-time and a fun hobby too

@King Hazza
      I really hope to live up to the expectations

@Samus_Aran
      Well, Darkplaces has many graphical features, but you need to feed it with already detailed textures to take advantage of them. If you upscale a blurred skin, you only obtain a bigger blurred skin, because the engine then re-stretches it to fit the model.
      If you want some enhancements, starting from an existing skin, you can process it in photoshop, creating specular maps and normal maps (loadable in darkplaces). I'll make you an example if you want.

bye
      Okay, so i have to play some COD-MWF 2 in the meantime - AND KEEP WAITING!!

Comment

• Wow- even the statues look awesome!!!!

As for the ogres- I'm especially interested to see how you handle them- especially those things they wear- whether they're a fur jacket with a black apron-thing (cavemen maniac butchers?!?!), or a cloak made out of flayed, boiled leather-ized(?) (human) skin crudely stitched together, or....
        (and it'd be interesting to see what you make of that thing on their stomachs (a pouch?).
        But don't forget- low brows and big smiles! But so far you've kind of just seemed to capture the monsters perfectly anyway- so I'll wait and see....

All the monsters really do imply a skinner who knows what he's doing- even the ones whose original texture were barely decipherable.
        Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
        Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

• ....maybe Friday, the 13th maybe a gooooood release date......

Comment

• Originally posted by Nergal View Post
            @Samus_Aran
            Well, Darkplaces has many graphical features, but you need to feed it with already detailed textures to take advantage of them. If you upscale a blurred skin, you only obtain a bigger blurred skin, because the engine then re-stretches it to fit the model.
            If you want some enhancements, starting from an existing skin, you can process it in photoshop, creating specular maps and normal maps (loadable in darkplaces). I'll make you an example if you want.
            It simply isn't using the full texture resolution. I didn't just scale the texture, I used various filters and bumpmapping. There is 2048 pixels worth of data there in the image editor which are simply invisible in the game. The same applies to other high res skins I've downloaded, the details are simply not there in the game. If I noclip and move right up to the skin so it takes up the whole 1920x1080 screen, it's just pure blur. I think it's maxing the texture size at 512x, but at most 768x.

I'm thinking there's some option I've either turned off or on that I shouldn't have, which is lowering the maximum texture size in Dark Places.

Comment

• Update: wrath and mummy almost done.

@King Hazza
              It isn't one of my skins, but an example of how a modified version of the original could appear

@Samus_Aran
              Let's see if I can help you: how does your skin look, less defined than mine (statue)? Would you like to post some screenies?
              In darkplaces remember to write in the autoexec.cfg what follows:
              gl_picmip "0"
              r_glsl_offsetmapping "1"
              r_glsl_offsetmapping_reliefmapping "1"
              r_glsl_offsetmapping_scale "0.04" (you may want to change this)

bye

Quake Reforged
              Retexturing and Reskinning project for Quake, Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity

Downloads:
              SoA skins
              DoE skins pre-release

Comment

• Thats what i love, remastered originals actually im working on remastering too atm but i got issues with colors

Tbh nergal, whats the point of adding bumps to color map? (slight enhance ehhmm ok but its kinda hard on this skin)

Comment

• it's all about staying true to the original

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

• Ohh dude... no... after filtering u damaged the quad ;/

Comment

• tattered blue luma to make the quad look like a rune would be sweet.
                      Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

• ouch my bad indeed i havn't read just took a look at the screenie it was late night XD

Comment

• Ahhmmmm, what Quad-Damage model you all mean??

Comment

• Ohh dude... no... after filtering u damaged the quad ;/
                            OMG

@gnounc
                            Good idea, I'll remember that when I do that skin !

@d1554573r
                            Remastered original are fine to me too, but there's plenty of them out there, so I thought I could do something new. There's nothing wrong in them, btw yours are going to be very good!

ouch my bad indeed i havn't read just took a look at the screenie it was late night XD
                            I think you're not alone... my fault, sorry.

Update: gremlin done.

Quake Reforged

Downloads:
                            SoA skins
                            DoE skins pre-release

Comment

• Some (new) screens?
                              Last edited by TR2N; 11-13-2009, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• atm im browsing my facebook buddies to pick face dumb enough to use it for soldiers skin theres no need to reeinvent the wheel sometimes hahah

Comment

Working...
                                X