No announcement yet.

Quake Reforged Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guess is either the rotweiler or the fiend, since I don't think we've seen anything on either of them.

This is a cool game, though I'm anxious about whether I hit a mark or not

Happy holidays to the Reforged team!
    Last edited by Ovarylord; 12-21-2009, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Ho ho ho

visit Quake Reforged for your x-mas present!
      (2048res archive, others will come soon)

EDIT: sorry for the little delay
      Last edited by Nergal; 12-25-2009, 12:54 PM.

Quake Reforged
      Retexturing and Reskinning project for Quake, Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity

Downloads:
      SoA skins
      DoE skins pre-release

Comment

• Thank you very much NERGAL and ALFADER for the "gift"!!

I have not found it yet, but when Alfader is ready with updating the site i will get it!!

Thanks so much!! And merry X-MAS!

Comment

• Yes, it's all Alfader's fault hahahaha

Quake Reforged

Quake Reforged
          Retexturing and Reskinning project for Quake, Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity

Downloads:
          SoA skins
          DoE skins pre-release

Comment

• Awesome guys! Merry Christmas- I'll try it out!
            Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
            Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Hmmm- might need a little help
              So far I've followed the readme's advice for Darkplaces and installed only the pk3 file to ID1- but it only puts a glaze effect on his old texture- I tried copying the texture file to ID1 also but no change.

If it helps, I don't actually have Darkplaces/ID1- I transferred all of my Darkplaces files directly into the old Quake directory, so it's typical Quake/ID1 with all the necessary Darkplaces files inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Hazza View Post
                Hmmm- might need a little help
                So far I've followed the readme's advice for Darkplaces and installed only the pk3 file to ID1- but it only puts a glaze effect on his old texture- I tried copying the texture file to ID1 also but no change.

If it helps, I don't actually have Darkplaces/ID1- I transferred all of my Darkplaces files directly into the old Quake directory, so it's typical Quake/ID1 with all the necessary Darkplaces files inside.
                Maybe the content of your ID1 directory looks like this:

ENFORCER.PK3
                PAK0.PAK
                PAK1.PAK

That means, that the original PAK files are overriding the REFORGED PK3 file. Just rename it to X_ENFOCER.PK3 and the textures should be loaded correct.

- To Nergal & Alfader:

Thanks to this faithful ENFORCER, he looks very good and now i/we can really good notice, how Rygels world textures and your skins are playing very fine together!! Awesome new QUAKE feeling and looking!!

Like i already said, nice looking and very faithful skin, hope to see the ULTRA version of it soon.
                But do you have your "old" green ENFORCER somewhere? I loved it and i love this project, because you added your interpretation to the skins, also when it was something really new (like your green ENFORCER). I hope, you don´t change the GRUNT to much from the pics you have shown here before - i love the way you do it! Dont make them toooo faithful!! It is always good to add a personal note, especially in your case.

Hoping to see the rest of the skins soon, now i really can´t wait anymore!!

Regards,
                TR2N

Comment

• I don't see a download link, only a news update for the kick ass looking new enforcer!

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

• @LockNLoad
                    Links are at the bottom of this page
                    Quake Reforged - Bestiary - The Enfocer

@TR2N
                    The other version will be released as well, ok.

@King Hazza
                    You may extract the content from the pk3 to the proper folder (progs for Darkplaces). Folders overwrite pk3s.

Last edited by Nergal; 12-27-2009, 05:56 AM.

Quake Reforged

Downloads:
                    SoA skins
                    DoE skins pre-release

Comment

• Aha- indeed TR2N it IS the original texture file clashing with the new version- on close inspection I'm actually seeing BOTH textures overlapping in a semi-translucent 'gloss'- sadly I still haven't got rid of it, I'll need to find a way to actually turn the original texture off- cause it looks REALLY wierd- like he's wrapped head to toe in crinkly plastic bags!
                      But thanks for the advice- I now know what my problem is!

Comment

• This made my jaw drop! I'm gonna have to call up some old buddies for some coop when yall finish! Thanks for all the effort you've been putting into this. Makes me wish I knew enough gamers to have a lan party again.

Comment

• omfg. amazing.
                          It Takes A Tough Man To Make A Tender Rocketjump

Comment

• Oops- last post came just after yours Nergal! ><

It seems your layout is totally different to mine- as I sincerely have no darkplaces folder or progs folder anywhere.

(of course, I'm also so technologically-illiterate that I didn't know you could extract a Pk3).

I'm going to try an experiment of making a progs folder under ID1 and extracting it there.

Wish me luck!

Comment

• I love every Enforcer you guys have made.
                              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• Originally posted by King Hazza View Post
                                Oops- last post came just after yours Nergal! ><

It seems your layout is totally different to mine- as I sincerely have no darkplaces folder or progs folder anywhere.

(of course, I'm also so technologically-illiterate that I didn't know you could extract a Pk3).

I'm going to try an experiment of making a progs folder under ID1 and extracting it there.

Wish me luck!
                                pk3 is the same as ZIP, just rename the file to *.zip and extract it.

Comment

Working...
                                X