No announcement yet.

Quake Reforged Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome greek guardian! I'm glad you kept him looking like the original as I requested.

Comment

• hey

the greek guardian looks really good Nergal & Alfader.

i love how his hair and skin seem to look so real...he looks buffed and with the other ones nice six pack...they look tough....its going to be fun playing these monsters ingame.)

regards

Sean

Comment

• ok, yes I do have the bloody h_shams skin I just assumed there would be more blood around the edges for some reason... my bad on that one.

and as for "worse than microsoft"? not a chance in hell! you deliver a high end product, for the people, as the people want it and its free!

Champions...
        Last edited by osjclatchford; 02-28-2011, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Yeah- to be honest I actually believed it would be impossible to make a realistic human-looking character on a Quake model (and hoped my overly grotesque texturing option would be a way around it)
          Carry on!
          Be interesting to see the Egyptian guy....
          Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
          Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Reforged skin for the egyptian guardian:

guardian3_preview.jpg (bigger version)

Attached Files

Quake Reforged
            Retexturing and Reskinning project for Quake, Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity

Downloads:
            SoA skins
            DoE skins pre-release

Comment

• Awesome! Can't wait to see the Wrath, Overlord, and Mummy.

Comment

• Ah nice!
                Now that's what I'm talking about!

Might I add as a side compliment that you've really gone above and beyond what some might normally put for the styles of these guys

1- The 'look' of their faces actually convinces that these guys would actually come from ancient Greece, ancient Egypt and Aztec Mexico, rather than three identical generic guys with the corresponding dress codes.

2- the clothes themselves are REALLY inspired- they really stick out, when most would have just given the Egyptian guy, for example, a generic Sphinx-wig, white skirt and called it a day (probably what I would have done). The dulled grimy bronze suit he's wearing however makes him look a lot older and more mysterious- kinda like he's been sitting around for a few thousand years while his suit, possibly once sparkly clean, had been aging quite a bit.

Comment

• So beautiful =)
                  uakene.com

Comment

• Spawns skins not showing

I have the 2048 version installed (Dark Places), but the spawns aren't getting any texturing in-game. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebooter View Post
                      I have the 2048 version installed (Dark Places), but the spawns aren't getting any texturing in-game. Anyone know what the problem could be?
                      this has happened before;
                      Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Its simply a typo in the shader.
                      Remove the "h" behind tarbaby and it works.

The typo was in the shader (not the skin files !) I downloaded from Reforged yesterday.
                      Please check again all tarbaby´s positions in the shader. There are different ones.
                      Also not only the .mdl, but the skin shader positions as well.

TIP2: Start a map with tarbabies (just like E4M5) and read the console failure note !
                      Here you will see the typo. Then you are able to find it for sure.
                      hope this helps...

Comment

• Originally posted by osjclatchford View Post
                        this has happened before;

hope this helps...
                        Yes thanks. I edited 'reforged.shader', changed 'tarbabyh' to 'tarbaby' and it's working.

Comment

• Hmm, running through the list all the (compulsory) we have remaining are:

The Armagon Enemies (Centroid, Gremlin, Floating Mine and the Finished Armagon himself (all should be interesting!)

From DIS:
                          The Dragon, Eel, Floating Sword, ALt Ogre/Tarbaby/Lavaman and the Wraith/Overlord.
                          The ones I assumed would be the most difficult to do are already done!

Comment

• I finally got to try out the new head gibs, and they still have some major issues. Many of them are missing parts of the skin. Take the Hell Knight skin in this screenshot for example. The skin is just black where the bloody neck should be:

The Knight Head gib also has the same issue.

Comment

• Yeah, not to jump the gun on the team but, I think you'll find thats the finished product now. It matches with the neck on the full model (just black at the join) Its a lot less noticable on the dp engine with rt lights on 'n' stuff (because of the shadows everywhere) but for those without its a little more obvious.
                              I thought the same thing about the h_shams but when I edited it to include more blood on the neck, I found it quite tricky to get the balance between showing enough blood and showing enough white-skin...

Comment

• Being black kinda makes sense- I mean, the part DID get separated by a fiery explosion after all, so the effect would be pretty charred.

Comment

Working...
                                X