X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ gdiddy62

Thanks again for helping with the Shambler
    I know too funny that you're having to try to help me now, huh

I'm confused as what the problem is! I'll keep at it until I figure it out though.

Comment

• hi

been waiting for these for a while and im real happy...great work

@gdiddy

maybe your not on the right map to see the new skins.

i went to right to map r2m1

to install them i put them in rogue/progs...or you could use id1/progs

regards

Sean

Comment

• Hey guys I figured out that I had an old progs.dat in my main folder that I was experimenting with. Got it out of the folder and voila'.

Comment

• thanks

Comment

• Hello Nergal + Alfader,

First I was scared to download your amazingly realistic skins:

But then I became brave and took as much of your files as I could:

Now I tested them and I must say:

Very good job !

Comment

• Originally posted by Nergal View Post
              Hi,
              as you already know we're not iper-active forum posters, but we still find the time to read all the messages and... unleash our DOE skins upon you
              It's a pre-release so a few things are missing, but nothing that can stop you from trying them.

Link:
              DOE skins prerelease.rar

Holy crap that looks amazing.
              There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                Hello Nergal + Alfader,

First I was scared to download your amazingly realistic skins:

But then I became brave and took as much of your files as I could:

Now I tested them and I must say:

Very good job !

Comment

• Nergal, make us a nice Xmas present......complete mission packs monster skins!!

Comment

• I've been experimenting with Reforged skins in RMQ again. This is one of the things that looked like overkill a while ago, but with engine developments and a rising overall level of details etc. it looks more possible.

The RMQengine doesn't support normal/gloss maps yet, but no one knows what the future might hold. Currently the skins look a bit cleaner than they would in DP, due to the lack of realtime lighting etc.

Nergal had previously made these skins for RMQ monsters;

Ftaghn. spawnhost

Too cool for school spawnhost

I think they look awesome. Pulling together a cohesive look from different sources isn't easy, and it has to be relatively faithful for RMQ, so experimentation is still required.

I like the Reforged project a lot, though. Awesome work guys.
                    Scout's Journey
                    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• OMG WTF
                      Golden boy, RQ project does amaze me again and again. Can't wait 'till it is released.

The RMQengine doesn't support normal/gloss maps yet, but no one knows what the future might hold.
                      I've got my fingers crossed. It would be great to have another one powerful Q1 engine in addition to DP. As far as I know, your newest maps won't run under DP, right?

Sorry for my english

Comment

• Could work well. If you do this will the new monsters only look good with hires classic monsters? Or will you make lowres versions to go with the originals first, then make hires ones?

btw, that map is sexy. Any estimate on next demo? Christmas perhaps?

Comment

• RMQ is pretty experimental in nature and subject to sudden changes, so I wouldn't expect other engines to support it right now. Once it stabilizes, maybe support will be added to engines. Parts of RMQ don't run in Darkplaces right now, or wouldn't run well, because of things like the map format, heavy overuse of lightstyles, and/or sheer polycount.

I'd love to adapt the Reforged skins and go fully hi-res with all monsters in RMQ, creating variations where necessary. I think for an eventual release, all monster skins would need to be hi-res because otherwise it'd be a mismatch. (edit; yeah, we make low res skins to go with the originals first).

We have several people on the team who can do textures, but needless to say the reforged skins are better than anything we could do

Basically I just wanted to say that I love the Reforged project, and I secretly dream about a Reforged RMQ kind of thing. After all you remake the textures, we remake maps and models, it's not so different.
                          Last edited by golden_boy; 12-19-2011, 02:15 AM.
                          Scout's Journey
                          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• What's the current status of the SoA/DoE monster skins? Judging from last screenshots, they seemed to approach completion. At least the SoA skins were practically finished (Spike Mine and monster gibs were still missing IIRC). At least DoE stuff got (partially) released, so I am confident that we soon get the whole thing!
                            Last edited by NightFright; 12-25-2011, 06:45 AM.
                            Authentic Models Pack
                            OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                            LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• Is this project still going or has it died off?

Cheers
                              BRAD

Comment

• Sorry that probably cam off the wrong way, this looks really kick arse, hope to see it completed! Looking at the slowdown of updates on the reforged home page seems its lost momentum, hope it hasnt died completly

Cheers
                                BRAD

Comment

Working...
                                X