No announcement yet.

Quake Reforged Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First of all, QR is not dead and slowdowns are a consequence of me lacking time not interest, so at least stay assured that the project will be completed
    Sure, we had a pretty aggressive start and honestly we promised to deliver A LOT, but I’ve no intention to cut down things to reach the end faster. I think it’s better to release something in the meanwhile as we did, do you agree?
    RMQ? it's faptastic! You have to try the demo!

Quake Reforged
    Retexturing and Reskinning project for Quake, Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity

Downloads:
    SoA skins
    DoE skins pre-release

Comment

• You make some awesome stuff Nergal, take all the time you need ... we'll wait patiently.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• Just because I’m here, the other time I was searching for a way to retexture the environment with dynamic textures but couldn’t. I had a bit of faith in the new parameters prompted by Darkplaces, but resulted in nothing. Anyone have an idea about how to do it? It would be cool

Quake Reforged
        Retexturing and Reskinning project for Quake, Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity

Downloads:
        SoA skins
        DoE skins pre-release

Comment

• Hello Nergal,

Glad to see you again.
          Please be a little bit more specific about the "dynamic textures" and "new parameters".
          I am not sure if I understood your question.
          I would like to help if I can, but I dont understand your question at the moment...
          Do you mean shader driven world textures ?

Other than that, I fully agree with gb !
          Good things need their time.

Best wishes,
          Seven

Comment

• yes totally agree with seven and GB, take all the time you need.

all of your monster textures look totally amazing, and i dont mind waiting on your textures at all cuz of their great quality

your SoA and DoE monster textures you released so far are all amazing, and im looking forward to seeing the rest of them
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• your SoA and DoE monster textures you released
              OMG they are released??? DOWANT!

Comment

• @FC Zvyozdochka

well, not all, merely pre-releases, but yeah some got released
                if you wouldve browsed back a few pages in this thread you wouldve seen that they got released in this thread

anyways, here's links to the posts from nergal with the links to the skins

SoA skins:
                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...html#post97942

and DoE skins pre-release:
                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post104668

all pre-release, both packs still have several monsters missing and dont have glow-maps and such for several monsters,
                but most monsters have been done already
                Last edited by talisa; 02-07-2012, 03:21 AM.
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• This is extremely cool! Thank you, thank to all of you!

Comment

• welcome FC

but dont thank me, thank nergal for making the textures

Comment

• @gb: I should check because I dont remember the name of those parameters, but I meant to have scrolling or multi-state textures (like buttons) in the level. even better: having a shader working for the level and not only for the models.
                      I had a few ideas in the past but I dont recall if I've already tried and failed...

Quake Reforged

Downloads:
                      SoA skins
                      DoE skins pre-release

Comment

• oh, maybe I meant "tcmod page <width> <height> <delay>"(Material creation for DP - DarkPlaces Wiki)
                        BTW, have new parameters been added recently?

Quake Reforged

Downloads:
                        SoA skins
                        DoE skins pre-release

Comment

• Hello Nergal,

I am not sure if you meant me or gb in your above post.
                          I asked for a detailed descritption, because I think I know what you are talking about...

Please look into this thread: click

Nahuel taught us several month ago about the shader key words:
                          - dp_reflect
                          - dpreflectcube
                          These shader key words can be used for world texture very good.
                          There are several samples inside the "Animated-REFLECTING-OVERLOAD" pack.

Ontop of that, you can perfectly use the shader key word:
                          aniMap for world textures as well.
                          Webangel made wonderful animations for many world textures inside the above mentioned pack.

You will find in addition light-beams by Nahuel in the pack.
                          But be careful with these models. They are extremely performance hungry and make only sence in start map and e1m5 in my opinion.

Last but not least, there are several custom particle effects inside the pack, that I made for some maps.
                          You can find updated e1m1 effects in the small mod compilation V3.72.

I hope this is what you meant
                          I am still not quite sure...

Have fun experimenting with it

All the Best my friend.
                          Seven

PS: The above mentioned shader key words are available in DP since quite a long time.

Comment

• Thanks Seven, I wrote in a hurry, sorry.
                            Fact is that I don't remember if I've already tested these things and succeded, so I could have well asked for answers I already know... I dont mind appearing like a noob hahaha
                            Yep, I already know that what I've in mind is pretty resource demanding, but it'll be limited to 2-3 special levels.
                            I dont want to spoil anything but I'll show something soon!

EDIT 13/3/12:
                            Ok, what I have in mind for e1m7 is possible but results in shit thanks to misaligned textures
                            Is there a way to change it without having to recompile the map?
                            I don't need it for other levels, but my first target was e1m7 and would be a waste to go without it just for such a detail!
                            Last edited by Nergal; 03-13-2012, 12:04 PM.

Quake Reforged

Downloads:
                            SoA skins
                            DoE skins pre-release

Comment

• Just out of curiosity what's the status on the player skin?

Comment

• I too would love to know the player skin status...

Comment

Working...
                                X