Conbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
    In my opinion with modern PC's I myself would aim for 720p/1280x720 - with todays PC's people are using widescreens and basically any semi-modern PC can run Quake with high FPS at 720 too (unless you mod the hell out of it and push Darkplaces to its max like me lol)
    I play in 800x600 in a widescreen..
    But almost everything maxed out..
    200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
    14/05/1811

Comment

I use 1680x1050 because this is the only 8x5 resultion. I would prefer 1024x640 or something like that (to get a few frames more) but Darkplaces wouldn't let me select that.

Comment

wow a 50 mb conback thats just nutz.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

No no, this are 2 scans of the SoA and the DoE jewel case inlays in TIF format. This is nearly what my scanner gave me and OoPpEe could do with it whatever he wants. This are no ready to use conbacks.

Comment

Here's a test version of DoE:
            Basic "Port" of the scans to Conback
            2 Alternates (Closer to the original in design) (modified brightness/contrast/gamma)

Which do you like best?

Comment

my MP1&2 Conbacks

original texture done by QRP!
              :: Quake Revitalization Project ::

I hope you like it!

W@
              Last edited by webangel; 07-17-2011, 02:23 AM.

Comment

SoA-Conback.zip

SoA Conback using the inlay artwork. 2 versions. The non-alt version is has more "noise" due to it being left from the scan. The alt is "smoothed". Gave both as my smoothed looks better on my secondary PC (still uses a Tube monitor) and the noise looks bad on it.
                I put Ritual Entertainment instead of Hipnotic simply because they only released SoA under that name (and released Disciples II: Gold Edition in the EU region) then they became Ritual. So since it's a modern remake of the console - went with their new name as the Hipnotic name is dead.

Comment

hi

i like all the conbacks posted

working on a new one today thats more plain.

EDIT

this should fix the box OoPpEe

also a slight retouch and bump to 1920

regards

Sean
                  Last edited by seanstar; 07-17-2011, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Awesome and basic
                    I can notice one thing on it (and only seen on my Tube monitor) the id logo area - the black box around it is a few shades lighter than the "complete black".

Comment

I like OoPpEes modified conbacks which have less noise. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that i could only see the lower third of the whole image when i go to the console.

Comment

@Seanstar - the conbacks I did are 1920x1080 in the links with the preview images
                        @Grave - I agree, maybe LordHavoc could maybe make a console variable which gives you the option for how much of the screen it covers when brought down (default being 50).

I did add a alpha channel to these and they actually support transparency. I'll post those tomorrow.

Comment

The conbacks are awesome!
                          200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
                          14/05/1811

Comment

hi guys

still working on my conback.

this one is for me

what do you think?

Comment

The first one is not bad but the colors are not matching quake in any way.

Comment

My conback ^_^ just cropped my characters head today and put him into my conback.lmp with fimg_v0192.

It was funny b/c it seems to take them upside down, as my original cropping was rightside up but my character was upside down in the console, so i just flipped him and resaved the lmp.

lol.

Only included a screen shot of my console.

Link to that tool for others that wanna make their own or just personalize their conback like i did, see: http://www.inside3d.com/frikbot/fimg/fimg_v0192.zip
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X