Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

multiple skins for hi-poly monsters (SMC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple skins for hi-poly monsters (SMC)

hey all,

i love all the hi-poly models around, and have any there are and always use them myself.
    since seven's 'small mod compilation' mod got the feature to allow for multiple skins per monster, ive been busy on and off setting up secondary skins for almost all of them when i found more skins were available for them, and acquiring them by searching the forums and with help of others on forums (thanx gdiddy62!)

ive by now set up quite such a bunch of them and posted them in different threads, and i thought it was time i made a seperate thread for these to make them more easily findable and such, and so the posts about them dont clutter other threads.

so far we have:
    2skins for andrew joll shambler, 2nd skin by seanstar
    2skins for frederikH shambler, 2nd skin by OoPpEe
    3skins total for grunt with 2models, using Moo's model which OoPpEe fixed up with wrack skin as 2nd skin + ruohis new grunt
    2skins for fiend, 2nd skin by seanstar (model by obi-wan-ported by OoPpEe)
    2skins for enforcer, 2nd skin modified by seanstar (model by tabun-ported by OoPpEe)
    3skins for the vore, 2nd and 3rd skins also by seanstar (model by obi-wan-ported by OoPpEe)
    3skins total for scrag with 2models, 1st model by obi-wan which is ported by OoPpEe, and second model is by ruohis
    4skins total for rotfish with 2models, combo of ID1 model with skins by reforged, and ruohis model with skins by seanstar
    4skins total for spawn with 2models, combo of ID1 model with skins by fraggers and reforged, and ruohis model with 2nd skin done by arioch
    4skins totally for ogre, 2versions of teamonsters ogre, with 2skins for each, bloody and normal. bloody skins done by OoPpEe/Lambent
    ROGUE spawn + hellspawn using ruohis spawn model + modified skins for hellspawn by me
    ROGUE ogre + multi-G ogre using teamonster's ogre model + modified skins for multi-G ogre by OoPpEe

DOWNLOAD MULTI-SKIN FOR FIEND

DOWNLOAD MULTI-SKIN FOR ENFORCER (2013-03-29 fix for wrong capitalization in file-names of .skin files from headgibs)

DOWNLOAD MULTI-SKIN + MULTI-MODEL FOR GRUNT

DOWNLOAD OGRE WITH 2WEAPONS + 2SKINS EACH, NORMAL&BLOODY (2013-03-15th fixed headgib not showing up)

DOWNLOAD MULTI-SKIN FOR ANDREW JOLL SHAMBLER (2013-03-15th now with custom headgib model! )

DOWNLOAD MULTI-SKIN FOR FREDERIKH SHAMBLER

DOWNLOAD TRIPLE SKINS FOR VORE

DOWNLOAD MULTI-MODEL+MULTI-SKIN FOR SCRAG

DOWNLOAD MULTI-SKIN+MULTI-MODEL FOR ROTFISH

DOWNLOAD MULTI-SKIN+MULTI-MODEL FOR SPAWN

DOWNLOAD MP2 SPAWN & HELL-SPAWN

DOWNLOAD MP2 OGRE & MULTI-G OGRE + OGRE2 -NORMAL&BLOODY SKINS (2013-03-15th fixed headgib not showing up)
    Download MP2 ogre & multi-G ogre(for use without SMC) (2013-03-15th fixed headgib not showing up)

add/change the corresponding multiskin setting in your autoexec.cfg for each monster (same for ID1, HIPNOTIC & ROGUE)
    fiend: 'set demonmultiskin 2'
    enforcer: 'set enforcermultiskin 1'
    andrew joll shambler: 'set shamblermultiskin 2'
    frederikH shambler: 'set shamblermultiskin 1'
    grunt: 'set soldiermultiskin 3'
    scrag: 'set wizardmultiskin 3'
    spawn: 'set tarbabymultiskin 4'
    rotfish: 'set fishmultiskin 4'
    ogre: 'set ogremultiskin 4'
    vore: 'set shalrathmultiskin 3'

ROGUE ogre combo: 'set ogremultiskin 2' in autoexec in rogue folder
    ROGUE 'spawn+hellspawn' pack does not need any setting, since the SMC doesnt support multi-skins for rogue's spawn

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    -these multi-skins require you to have the latest version of sevens small mod compilation which supports multiple skins per monster.
    sevens Small Mod Compilation can be found RIGHT HERE
    -these pk3s have been set up to be used if you do NOT want to use them in combination with low-poly models!
    if anybody wants to use them for low-poly&hi-poly combination, tell me and ill set up pk3s for that too another time
    -all these packs assume you already have the hi-poly models with standard skins in your ID1 folders!
    if you dont have them, they can be found here:
    OBI-WAN'S VORE, FIEND & SCRAG PORTED BY OoPpEe
    RUOHIS SCRAG, FISH, GRUNT & SPAWN
    MOO/OoPpEe GRUNT
    TABUN'S ENFORCER PORTED BY OoPpEe
    ANDREW JOLL'S SHAMBLER
    FREDERIKH'S SHAMBLER
    BOTH VERSIONS OF TEAMONSTER'S OGRE

-ive also made packages with 3 skins for most of the monsters for the low-poly ID1 models.
    these can be found here: triple skins for ID1 monsters (SMC)

LATEST UPDATES:
    2013-03-29
    -_smith_ noticed a capitalization error in the headgib .skin files from the enforcer pk3. fixed that and updated the pk3 with new fixed version. thanx for noticing and letting me know about that smith
    2013-03-14
    -updated all 3 of the ogre pk3's. seven notified me of a typo in the .skin files for heads which made the gibs not show up.
    also noticed by accident i didnt update the headgibs with correct models.
    both are fixed now, headgibs now show up and use the correctly-sized models now
    2013-02-02
    -added a new pk3 with multi-skin + multi-model for grunt, using ruohis awesome grunt model for 2nd model. replaced the old grunt-packs with this new one, since the old packs are obsolete now
    -with the release of the new version of teamonsters ogre which wields same GL the player also has, i set up packs for both ID/HYPNOTIC & ROGUE, which completely replaces the ogre with both versions of teamonster's ogre
    2013-02-04
    -replaced multi-G ogre with new skin made for the GL version of teamosnters ogre by OoPpEe
    2013-02-07
    -updated both multi-ogre pk3s with an updated version of the multi-ogre skin OoPpEe/lambent made
    2013-02-08
    -added new pk3s for ogre for ID1&HIPNOTIC with now 2skins for each version, normal and a bloody version that OoPpEe/Lambent made by my request. so we now have 4 different ogres total
    -also updated ROGUE ogres pack to give 2nd ogre model which wields teamonsters weapon 2skins too, normal and bloody
    -updated no-SMC ROGUE ogre+multi-ogre pack cuz i noticed i forgot to add teamonsters readme and credit txt to it.
    Last edited by talisa; 03-29-2013, 09:42 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

splitterface,
    You might check the link for the enforcer.

There is a lot of time involved first from seanstar and now splitterface on these guys, both in creation and putting together. If you download, please give a courtesy Thanks so these people know their creativity and efforts are appreciated!

Regards everyone

Comment

whoops, my bad on the enforcer. sorry 'bout that fail link, its fixed now

had used lot of copy and paste for all the links and pics, and accidentially forgot to paste in that link and left it blank
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

btw if anybody has any other skins for these models or knows of any others then the ones here posted, please do share them!

im always looking for more skins, and would gladly set them up to be used with the SMCs multi-skin feature
        Last edited by talisa; 03-03-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

is there a version of this that uses the original models and low res skins?

Comment

@legend
            no, as i said in first post, these are meant to be used if you want to use the hi-poly models only.

tell me which monster you want, and what combination of which skins,
            and ill put together a pk3 specially for that and tell you which setting you'll need to use in your autoexec.cfg for that

you can have 2 skins for hi-poly plus 1 for low-poly, or 2 for low-poly plus 1 for hi-poly.
            limit of SMC is 3 skins max per monster independant of wether you use low-poly only, hi-poly only or combination of these 2
            Last edited by talisa; 03-03-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

just added the lighter wrack skin which fully uses the original lighter wrack skin after gdiddy requested that skin that i set up another time earlier but completely forgot about.

this skin uses the complete wrack skin which wears lighter armor and helmet,
              while the other one is the wrack face and arms put onto the grunt skin

pic and link can be found in first post

Comment

just updated the fiend multi-skin pk3. noticed i had accidentially used the way to big headgib with it instead of the fixed smaller one

sorry people for that, its fixed now

and in case you also didnt have the headfix for the standard fiend, you can get it here:
                FIEND HEADFIX

Comment

just added link to the end of first post to another thread of mine i made which has triple skin packages for almost all of the low-poly ID monster models

Comment

splitterface, can't you please help me with adding multiskin support to this excellent shambler? I'm trying to do, but unfortunately only the first skin works - other skins are ignored, models are just transparent and could be only detected by gibs which are expanding when you shot that invisible enemy.

Comment

sure sure FC. its quite simple.

first open notepad, and start a new file.
                      in this file, type this exact line:
                      shambler,textures/shambler

and then click 'save as', select 'save as type: all files' and save it as 'shambler.mdl_0.skin'
                      now, take that .skin file, and make a copy of it, and rename the copy 'shambler.mdl_1.skin'.

edit the second file again with notepad, and change the line in it to 'shambler,textures/shambler1'

now, take the files of the second skin you want to use, and rename those files all to 'shambler1.tga' , 'shambler1.psa' , 'shambler1_gloss' 'shambler1_norm' and such.

now, add the '.skin' files plus the renamed texture-files in the progs folder inside the pk3,
                      and then set the mult-skin setting for the shambler to 1 inside your autoexec.cfg

that should do the trick if im correct

if you still cant get it to work after following these instructions,
                      please share all the files from the shambler model plus the files from the other skin with me and ill set them up for you instead

EDIT: btw, totally forgot, you will also have to copy any shambler gib textures you have,
                      and also rename those to 'h_shams.mdl_1' 'h_shams.mdl_1_gloss' 'h_shams.mdl_1_norm' and such,
                      and add those too to the 'progs' folder inside the pk3, otherwise the gib from the second shambler will be an untextured grey blob
                      no need to make any '.skin' files for the headgib though, since it uses the ID1 headgib model which needs no 'skin' files
                      Last edited by talisa; 03-09-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

There is the original skin and then a "hairy" skin (by OoPpEe I believe) for this particular model. If any others work on it let us know please!
                        Last edited by gdiddy62; 03-09-2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I tried different variants, incliding exactly that one Splitterface explained to me, but have achieved no result.
                          Maybe the problem is indicated in this Seven's post
                          Note that the first word is the naming of the MESH in the .md3 file !
                          Open the .md3 models with an editor to see the mesh names.
                          I don't know, how mesh is named. I tried "shambler" and "MAT0000" variants.
                          I have no accounts on fileservers, the only way for me to share pk3-file is torrent. I'd like to sent it to the Splitterface and any other who wants to experiment, but don't know if it is appropriate in copyrights' regard.

There is the original skin and then a "hairy" skin (by OoPpEe I believe) for this particular model.
                          Yep, I've got both of them. Problem is that they don't work simultaneously.

Comment

hmm strange, it should work as i said...

let me take a look at it myself, i happen to own both the normal skin and the furry skin for that model myself as well through help of gdiddy.

so ill fix it up for you and make a pk3 with both skin textures included.

EDIT: hmm i tried, but using the '.skin' method i indeed get the same result you did, and when i tried using another method which uses 2 models i couldnt get the second skin to show
                            i might have to ask seven for help with this, since the model also uses a .psa file which i am not familiar with, and it might be the cause of why this isnt working, perhaps something has to modified to the .psa file as well

let me ask seven about this, cuz i cant seem to get it to work with both methods either. maybe seven can help
                            Last edited by talisa; 03-09-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Thank you for trying, Splitterface. Now we can see that this issue does exist not only for me.
                              I think the problem is in very special file format (its structure differs from other mdl's and it uses SPA animations (?) file). Maybe it requires even to make some additions into Seven's SMC to carry this model.

Comment

Working...
                              X