No announcement yet.

triple skins for ID1 monsters (SMC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removed the supposed luma maps xolve claimed to have made for knight and hellknight...
    after i did some looking at them and noticed they werent special maps he made himself but all he did was take the diffuse texture and darken it and pretend he 'made' it.

didnt even take a look at the ones he 'made' for fraggers but im sure its the same for that, seeing all his supposed 'work he made' that i saw before was all just stolen from others too, like the white enforcer which was made by seanstar, which i know cuz ive had that same texture myself for quite a while.

im sorry for this everyone, i hadnt bothered to look at them really before untill a bit ago and i saw they werent his creations.

knight and hellknight pk3s are changed back to versions which dont have the luma map xolve supposedly 'made'
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
      removed the supposed luma maps xolve claimed to have made for knight and hellknight...
      after i did some looking at them and noticed they werent special maps he made himself but all he did was take the diffuse texture and darken it and pretend he 'made' it.

didnt even take a look at the ones he 'made' for fraggers but im sure its the same for that, seeing all his supposed 'work he made' that i saw before was all just stolen from others too, like the white enforcer which was made by seanstar, which i know cuz ive had that same texture myself for quite a while.
      Uh, what? Jesus christ splitterface...
      I never claimed to 'make' them, I edited them from the original textures, just as kenginneo did for his. What's important to me is how they look in the end product. They were missing, and this caused some problems with skin inheritance across mission packs, so I made some...
      it doesn't matter whether you use crazybump, or photoshop, it's how the end result looks.
      The white enforcer is - as I wrote in the original post! - an edited version of the original 'alt' version from the quake reforged website, not from seanstar (unless seanstar made the one that the reforged website hosts...).

And I never made the claim of making anything new on that combo link, I made it 100% clear that I was editing existing models. And for the combined ones, I made that clear right at the start...

Seriously dude, what's the problem?
      There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

hey all,

just updated the fish pack to include a version of the alt reforged fish which seven has reworked so the colors of it dont look so dull anymore and the details on the skin are more clear.

pic which seven made which shows difference

link as usual in first post, updated the download link for fish to include the newer version of the fish
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

hey all

since seven updates his SMC to version 3.80 and released v3.80 for both MPs as well and even added the ability to use 3skins for knight, hellknight and ogre in rogue too i thought it would be nice to put together some pk3s which allow you to have 3skins for the normal versions of these enemies in rogue too

KNIGHT & HELLKNIGHT 3SKIN FOR ROGUE
          OGRE 3SKIN FOR ROGUE - FRAGGERS
          OGRE 3SKIN FOR ROGUE - GUNTERS

to use them, just drop the pk3's in the ROGUE folder, and change these lines in the autoexec.cfg inside your ROGUE folder :
          set hknightmultiskin 2
          set knightmultiskin 2
          set ogremultiskin 2

with these pk3s you'll be able to still have 3 skins for these enemies in rogue too

EDIT: !! forgot to add... these are meant to be used in combination with seven's multi-skin starterskit for rogue !!
          Last edited by talisa; 04-10-2012, 04:54 AM.

Comment

hey all,

seeing as there havent been any more skins for the hi-poly scrag model made(afaik, if anybody does know about any please do tell! )
            i decided to make a combo pack instead, with 2skins for the ID1 scrag model, and 1 for the hi-poly model

and seeing skins reforged wrath skin mod, i decided to also put together a dual-skin pack for the wrath

links and instructions can be found in first post of this thread like usual

Comment

Hi

i like this thread...nice work.

ive just been working on the stock wrath skin...after a couple edits, with new gloss, luma and norm.

here is a screenshot.

regards

Sean

Comment

thanx, im glad you like my packs with multi-skins
                hope you dont mind i repacked your wrath skin into a pk3 too?
                i didnt see you say you didnt want that and didnt see a readme in your rar so i kinda assumed you were ok with it

the added maps you did look great. especially on the chains its very visible, they stand out a lot more now with the normals
                could you share the maps you made? id love to add them

and i thought you might like this other thread of mine too cuz you like this one:
                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...ers-smc-3.html
                another thread i made with packs for multiple skins for the hi-poly replacement models

Comment

Hi

@splitterface

i dont mind you uploading them...i like how seven added multiple skins and this thread is a big help adding them in.

here is the modified stock skin and also the s_wrath style skin with new edits.

screenshot

link 22mb `wraths-reforged-sean.zip

regards

Sean

Comment

thanx for the skins
                    glad you dont mind that i repacked your skin.

and yeah, i made this thread specially to help people to be able to easily set up multiple skins by just adding a pk3 and one setting in autoexec.cfg instead, and saving them the work of fiddling with renaming files and such

cuz i know it can be rather confusing and such, especially once you have to work with using .skin files like needed for some of the hi-poly monsters it can get real confusing and such. and thats why i thought id help people by providing them with easy drop-in-and-use pk3s to save them having to do that

and i also looooove that seven added the ability to have multiple skins, the moment i tried it i was totally in love with this feature, i always love if games have this <3

thanx again for the skins, ive downloaded them and will check them later and then update my pk3s with them

Comment

just updated the wrath multi-skin to now include seanstars modifications and added gloss and luma's, and his adjustments he did to his modded overlord inspired skin-mod

updated pic plus new link to new pk3 in first post as usual

so go get it now and replace your old wrath pk3 with the new one <3

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

you're welcome

Comment

been a while, but thats cuz sadly people havent been very busy at all making any new skins or modifications to skins.
                            but i got a couple updates for you all. had some files for quite a while now but i completely forgot to post them here.

dun dun dun.... its not 2, not 3, but FOUR skins now for both knight and hellknight

added new red version of d1554573r's knight as 4th skin, with modified luma's by me.
                            and for hellknight i added sean's hellknight skin that he made last before he dissapeared

links like usual in first post of this thread
                            Last edited by talisa; 01-28-2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

NetQuake , Two Teams , seperate skins , working with TDM/CAx (dm1.quaketx.com/rage.quakeone.com exclusively for test bedding)

multiple engine support would be nice too, DirectQ/Qrack/DP/

I would use such a thing
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

@mindz
                                im no coder, these are just packs made to be used with seven's SMC multi-skin feature

however he did include the qc, so im sure you could look into it and check how he did it, and then use it for what you want in a mod

Comment

Working...
                                X