X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triple skins for ID1 monsters (SMC)

hey all,

after some help from seven on something i wanted to do with multi-skinning,
    i realized it would also allow you to have mulit-skins for the original low-poly ID models

and i tried and it worked perfectly, and since then ive set up triple skins for most enemies already,
    and i decided to share them with you so you people can have multi-skin for the ID1 models too

DOWNLOAD TRIPLE SKINS FOR DOG

DOWNLOAD TRIPLE SKINS FOR SPAWN

DOWNLOAD TRIPLE SKINS FOR ZOMBIE

DOWNLOAD TRIPLE SKINS FOR FISH

DOWNLOAD TRIPLE SKINS FOR GRUNT

DOWNLOAD QUADRUPLE SKINS FOR HELL-KNIGHT 2013-05-27 added headgibs for all hellknights which i made myself
    2013-05-29 added gloss-maps to all headgibs and normals for seanstars B/W hellknight

DOWNLOAD QUADRUPLE SKINS FOR KNIGHT 2013-05-27 now with custom headgibs for all knights, with all extra fancy maps done by me

DOWNLOAD TRIPLE SKINS FOR OGRE -set with 2 fraggers skins & 1 reforged

DOWNLOAD TRIPLE SKINS FOR OGRE -set with fraggers, gunters & reforged skins

DOWNLOAD TRIPLE SKINS FOR ENFORCER

DOWNLOAD TRIPLE SKINS FOR SCRAG, 2LOW+1HI

DOWNLOAD DUAL SKINS FOR WRATH !new version with seanstars modifications and added maps!

for each monster, add/change the corresponding line to your autoexec.cfg in your ID1 folder
    rottweiler: 'set dogmultiskin 3'
    rotfish: 'set fishmultiskin 3'
    hellknight: 'set hknightmultiskin 3'
    knight: 'set knightmultiskin 3'
    ogre: 'set ogremultiskin 3'
    grunt: 'set soldiermultiskin 3'
    spawn: 'set tarbabymultiskin 3'
    zombie: 'set zombiemultiskin 3'
    enforcer: 'set enforcermultiskin 3'
    scrag: 'set wizardmultiskin 3'
    (also add/change same lines to autoexecs in hipnotic and rogue folders if you have the MPs)

wrath: 'set wrathmultiskin 1' (make sure to add this to autoexec in your rogue folder, not the one in your ID1 folder)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    since seven updated his SMC for both MPs to 3.80 ive also made special pk3s so you can stil keep using 3skins for knight, hellknight and ogre in rogue/MP2. they're meant to be used in combination with seven's multi-skin starterskit for rogue.
    KNIGHT & HELLKNIGHT 3SKIN FOR ROGUE 2013-06-11 new version which now includes new headgib textures
    OGRE 3SKIN FOR ROGUE - FRAGGERS
    OGRE 3SKIN FOR ROGUE - GUNTERS

to use them, just drop the pk3's in the ROGUE folder, and change these lines in the autoexec.cfg inside your ROGUE folder :
    set hknightmultiskin 2
    set knightmultiskin 2
    set ogremultiskin 2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTES
    -these skins require you to have the latest update from seven's small mod compilation which allows for multiple skins.
    sevens SMC can be found here: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html
    -i dont take any credit of making these skins, i made none of them. i only set them up to be usable with the SMC's multi-skin feature.
    makers of the skins include seanstar, fraggers, reforged and d1554573r and gunter. credit notes can be found inside each pk3

-for the other monsters not included ive made packages for multiple skins for the hi-poly replacement models as well.
    these can be found here: multiple skins for hi-poly monsters (SMC)

LATEST UPDATES
    2013-06-11
    -updated the rogue knight&hellknight pk3 to include the headgib textures i made
    2013-05-29
    -added gloss-maps to all hellknight headgibs, and normals to seanstars B/W hellknight
    2013-05-27
    -added headgib for seanstar knight which i made myself, and added all fancy extra maps to all headgibs: gloss, glow and normals.
    -added custom headgibs for all hellknights in the pack, which i made myself. for now they dun have extra maps
    2013-05-26
    -updated knights multi-skin pk3 to now include custom headgib textures by JDstoner with glow-maps made for them by me
    Last edited by talisa; 06-11-2013, 09:22 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Thanks for putting these works of others together in neat packages splitterface.

Comment

welcome gdiddy

hope you like em and others will find them usefull too

EDIT: ive just added a link to the end of first post to my other thread with the multi-skins for the hi-poly models
      Last edited by talisa; 03-09-2012, 09:31 AM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Werent there some damage skins for the player floating around? Cant find them....

Comment

@cobalt
          damage skins? darkplaces and the smc both dont support painstates and pain-skins if thats what you mean.

darkplace does however support decals on models, which makes enemies have blood on them where shot,
          but it causes an insane performance-drop: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...arkplaces.html
          Last edited by talisa; 03-09-2012, 11:04 AM.

Comment

hmm interesting. Thought I read one of the older mods had made extra armor damage skins or player damage skins. Armor damage skins dont seem to make much sense or use...but I guess the idea is to have some extra skins that show some damage to the original skin, and use qc to code them in while looking at the self.health

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
            @cobalt
            damage skins? darkplaces and the smc both dont support painstates and pain-skins if thats what you mean.

darkplace does however support decals on models, which makes enemies have blood on them where shot,
            but it causes an insane performance-drop: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...arkplaces.html

Comment

@cobalt
              yes, adding painstates & painskins could be done through a mod,
              but the SMC doesnt have this, and standard darkplaces doesnt support it either without using a special mod for that

but you could however always propose seven to add this to the SMC, the ability to have pain-skins

but it would require an insane lot of work, cuz it would require special 'pain' versions of every single monster-texture to be made

Comment

Well, if we mention that to seven we may not see or hear from him for a long time, and his family will get worried, so lets not mention it to him !!!

but it would require an insane lot of work, cuz it would require special 'pain' versions of every single monster-texture to be made

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                  Well, if we mention that to seven we may not see or hear from him for a long time, and his family will get worried, so lets not mention it to him !!!

Comment

just added triple skin for the low-poly enforcer

link plus pic can be found at bottom of list in first post of thread

Comment

Just out of interest -
                      how does this tech work? Does it spawn a different skin everytime you meet an instance of a given monster? Or do you have to specify in a map which kind of skin you want? Or is it defined in variables?
                      There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

yes, whenever a monster is spawned it randomly picks one of 3 skins in the pack
                        at the end of first post are instructions for each monster for what you have to add/change to your autoexec.cfg inside your ID1 folder

these packs require you to have seven's small mod compilation, the multi-skin feature is a special feature from his SMC
                        for more insight in how exactly it works you'll have to ask seven, since its done through QC
                        Last edited by talisa; 03-19-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Here's something:
                          I added luma maps for the following skins:
                          d1554573r hellknight (not strictly necessary since it has a glow map)
                          fraggers dog, fish, enforcer
                          reforged alt knight and alt hellknight

Download

There's also this pack done by kingennio here, which adds very basic lumas, gloss and norms to all of fragger's id1 models, based on the original skins without a lot of extras, so they don't add any detail that isn't present in the skins.

I've also done some crossover skins here:
                          http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post109517

If you feel like throwing any of those in the mix, go for it!
                          Last edited by xolve; 03-22-2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

hey thanx for pointing me to those luma, gloss and normal-maps for fraggers skin xolve!
                            didnt know anybody had made those maps for those skins

ive immediately updated my packs to include these maps.
                            updated the ogre, fish, spawn and dog pk3s to now include the maps for fraggers skins by kingennio

so anybody who already had any of these, update them to the newer versions
                            links in first post of thread are updated to newer pk3s

btw xolve, those alt knight and hellknight skins you made luma's for are from seanstar, not from reforged

EDIT: ive just also updated the knight and hellknight triple-skin pk3s to include xolve's luma's for the seanstar skins
                            Last edited by talisa; 03-23-2012, 02:39 AM.

Comment

btw xolve, those alt knight and hellknight skins you made luma's for are from seanstar, not from reforged
                              Oh okay,
                              gosh you're right.
                              For some reason I thought they were the 'alt' skins on the bestiary, but I see now I got muddled up.
                              Incidentally, my luma's for the fraggers ones are a little better (not quite so cut-and-paste) - IMO of course

Comment

Working...
                              X