X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    I see e1m1 in there.
    Yea,but honestly e1m1 is just "Sek"

Whoever the mapper is,he or she is definately adding the foking "C" to the Sek.

That map is very SekC.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Sure. I was just saying - he alluded that everybody should recognize the layout, and as far as I see no one did yet so I register my bet that it's e1m1.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

E1M3 maybe.
        Last edited by bluntz; 09-09-2012, 01:36 PM.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
          everybody should recognize the layout, and as far as I see no one did yet
          I've assumed no one posted anything to not spoil the mystery
          Oh well... It wasn't *that* subtle anyway. I mean: s1m1 “stealth gate”

Thief comes to mind instantly, when you look at this. This is why I was a bit disappointed at first by abstract “gamey” stealth mechanics.
          I realised later that pulling off Thief deep stealth is too much to ask and sock is extremely talented person with a clear vision.
          I am sure this game will stand on its own merits when finished. It also looks really beautiful. Impressive stuff.
          Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Perhaps you should consider using the legend of Diomedes of Lydia for the background plot and themed to end up as king if you are successful in scenario progression.
            That would leave it open to a second campaign through the Trojan war and ultimately godhood.
            Last edited by bluntz; 09-09-2012, 01:43 PM.
            WARNING
            May be too intense for some viewers.
            Stress Relief Device
            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
            ---------------------------
            .--------------------------

Comment

..Wow awesome! Reminds me so much of Stealth Quake, but in a non-scary way. Also reminds me of the Thief games a little bit. Looks really good, nice maps.

Comment

Unfortunately the last couple of months I have been moving between countries and not had much internet access, but luckily my trusty laptop works just fine in airport lounges and railway stations! I have been busy creating more test maps for the AI and continuing with my obsession with the original maps. So here is some screenshots from another test map ...

s1m2 - Castle of Shadows

Comment

lookin good. keep up the good work sock! i cant wait for this!
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Yes, this is looking great! Hope to see it soon!!

Comment

Hello sock,

OK, from this day on I will look on all laptop users I meet in trailways and airports to find out if it is you
                      One day I will find you and can Thank you personally.

Your Quake1 maps follow your style of your other game maps:
                      - extrem detailed architecture
                      - amazing light settings (I love the light around your candles/torches)
                      - the ambience of middleage/fantasy

You really have the talent !

Thank you.
                      Seven

Comment

I honestly think this looks better than most current aaa games.
                        I got a bias towards minimalist graphics though.

Comment

@Seven, haha, I have finally got a new home so I don't need to hang around waiting for planes and trains anymore with a laptop to keep me busy.

@Spiney, I certainly make sure that the level components work visually well together (sky, textures, style) but sadly it does have a lot of stuff missing (decals, phong and high res light maps and a better particle system). I know I could move the project to the Darkplaces engine for all the extra gfx but I still want to keep the style simple and something that can work well on older/original engines.

I am sure someone is wondering why I keep re-making original maps when I could be making newer stuff. Well I am a great fan of the originals and want something that is a good layout for testing of the AI systems. Luckily the first two maps (e1m1,e1m2) have worked out perfect because they have given me the insight to write a better AI pathing system and add plenty of new features to the original level design.

Anyway, enough waffle! ... another screenshot!

Comment

Originally posted by sock View Post
                            I know I could move the project to the Darkplaces engine for all the extra gfx [...]
                            Please, don't. Shots from your project are truly beautiful. Stay true to your refined taste good Sir
                            Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
                              Please, don't. Shots from your project are truly beautiful. Stay true to your refined taste good Sir
                              i second this!
                              My Avatars!
                              Quake Leagues
                              Quake 1.5!!!
                              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Third that.

Perhaps in the future a DP version, but I'm with everyone else..this looks incredible as you envisioned it!

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
                                X