Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice screenshots sock.

Comment

Limiting your scope is always a good idea imo, there's lots of 'missing' features, but in turn you get better productivity in other areas.

And I think of it like this: graphics are going to age regardless. Battlefield 2 already looks outdated in the face of emerging tech. Quake has something of a timeless quality, even with it's lowres assets. Quake also looks like a videogame rather than pretending to be a hollywood film (image that!) which I think is a big plus.

Comment

I really want this MOD to have a medieval feel to it, I want it to get back to quake's roots of castles, ruins and ancient magical places. So I have been busy changing the base/tech style assets for something that should fit better. The previous screenshots and video's did hint at some of it, but here is some more screenshots to highlight it better.

Medieval style pickup items

The original ID monsters do have a timeless quality, but I do want to update a couple to fit better with the story I want to tell and also create more variety of units. (different weapons/skins etc) Luckily necros has been helping me with all the new animations and model rigging, otherwise the new character models would not have seen the light of day. All I did was the model mesh and skins, the new animations really make them shine. The ogre model will change, I have some updates for the skin and model to make it look and feel better, I just need to find the time to finish it.

Old ogre (top left), the new ogre model with skin/weapon variety and bottom right ogre boss

Probably my favourite of all the new AI models simply because it turned out so well and also looks so cool ingame, I give you the bad guy of the story, Aramis the Destroyer!

Comment

Awesome! Loving the new models!

Comment

those medieval style pickups are cool, and that knight is just pure epicness
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

very good job on those boxes. i always thought they were out of place in medieval parts of quake. good job on those ogres and death knights too!
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

looks awesome! did you redo the uv's on the monsters to avoid texture stretching?

Comment

Mod of the Year

I want to ask a favour ...

ModDb are running their 'Mod of the Year' competition and I want to get my Quake MOD through to the top 100 and I need your help.

Please take some time to go over to the 'In the Shadows' mod page - ITS mod for Quake - Mod DB and vote! sign up, tell your friends and lets get a Quake MOD into the top 100!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiney View Post
                    looks awesome! did you redo the uv's on the monsters to avoid texture stretching?
                    The ogre, knight and hell knight models are new skins because they have extra attachments (GL, Hammers, Axes, Swords, Maces and Shields) and the models are higher poly with about 200+ frames of animations. The ogre was my first quake model and to be honest the skin UV is not that good, the knights are certainly a lot better. I do have some updates for the ogre but have not had time to get the update finished.

Comment

ModDb are running their 'Mod of the Year' competition and I want to get my Quake MOD through to the top 100 and I need your help.
                      Voted, hope u get there.
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Version 1 Release

Finally after months of testing, tweaking and huge amounts of coding, drawing and level design I present version 1 of my MOD 'In the Shadows' which features three maps, two game play modes (vanilla/stealth) and a readme file packed full of hints (for daz)

This is not the final release, I do have plans for other maps, but I want to get feedback on what I have created so far and there is a lot of new toys to play with. The MOD is designed to only work with Fitz and Mark V engines because these are the only two I did testing with.

Please take the time to record some demo's with Fitz because this will be the perfect way for me to understand how you played the maps. If there any problems or things you think should be different, please let me know.

Download Link (13.2mb)
                        Web Page Readme Moddb

Recommended Engines:
                        Fitz0.85 Mark V

Video's on youtube
                        Stealth Combat Stealth Mechanics

Screenshots - start, s1m1 and s1m2 maps

Comment

nice, ill be sure to give it a try, the mod sounds quite fun, reminds me of thief

and ill also try see if itll work in darkplaces, after first playing it a bit with fitzquake to see how everything should behave.
                          so i can better see if everything works correctly in DP cuz ill know how everything is supposed to look and act by seeing it in fitz
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Comment

I've eagerly awaited the first release of this and I'm excited to play. I posted about this on another forum a few months ago (complete with linkbacks to here and your site), Imma go update that post and let people know you have a first release. It's a tiny community, so, it wont be grand exposure, but it will add something to the pot. Actually, now that you have a release, I can post this on my clan forum as well. I'll get some people checking out your game.

Great Job, man!
                              Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-09-2012, 05:40 PM.
                              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Have played this for a bit now and have to say how impressed I am at your mapping and coding skills! I appreciate little touchesl ike the knoght and hknight dropping their swords!! Will continue to play when I have the time and leave more feedback.

Great work..I can't wait for more!

Comment

Working...
                                X