Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soul Of Evil Indian Summer (HD textures and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul Of Evil Indian Summer (HD textures and more)

Hi all, I'm making an HD compilation for Soul of Evil Indian Summer made by the great Tronyn. Since he used many textures from heretic/hexen/doom etc... I've taken those textures from their respective hd textures projects and put here. Other than the textures I've taken:
    multi grenade ogre skin
    mission pack 1 weapon models
    better quality skin for hexen 2 archer and archer captain
    some hd textures from mission pack 1
    some hd textures from mission pack 2

I need help with the following stuff:

- i would like to remove those glossy spikes from nailguns and replace them with better ones
    - having the nice torch effects instead of the standard low quality one

PS: This HD patch is only for personal use, I don't release NOTHING til all the authors give me permission.

That sounds like a great idea !
    It is a WIP thread but are there some screenshots available to show your current status/media ?
    What do you have already and what is missing ?
    Mixing many different styles and textures origins may look weird. Hexen/Heretic/Doom textures may have some different style.
    Watch out to find a good and suitable common denominator.

Looking forward to see your progress.

Comment

Don't have any screenshot but of course I can easily take them and insert them here

Comment

tried this mod cuz i had never heard of it before and its totally neat.

would be great to have a hd pack for this mod
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

i know this is a long shot but it might be a good idea to create an archive or something containing hd versions of at leat 75% of all quake textures. It would take forever to do, but it could happen if enough talent could be assembled. besides basic quake texures are done anyway, so the primary goal would be to reskin custom mod textures.
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Updates and screens will come in next days, at the moment I've got many personal troubles...

Comment

Hello IronWarfare,

Yes, this episode from Tronyn is really amazing and has a perfect ambience.

He mixed a lot of different textures in his maps.
              As far as I know from Heretic over Hexen 1 + 2 to Quake and its both mission packs. As well as incooperated monsters from several games and existing mods.

He took the best ingredients for his soup so to speak

I just checked and he was kind enough to leave the texture-names unchanged. So you can easily find and collect all the replacements for your replacement pack.
              Please find a list with all textures and their appearence of SoE 2 below. I hope this will help you to collect them easily from replacement packs for above mentioned games.

Regarding monster skins for SoE 2:
              Be sure to check out aguirRe´s replacement skin collection first !
              He already made a replacment skin pack for it.
              Also test jeanks Hexen 2 monster skin replacements and see if they maybe fit better...

Regarding your mentioned "torch effects":
              See if you can find the source code (or ask Tronyn directly). Without it, you cannot change it. Reverse engineering is an option, but you should not start this way.

Best of luck for your project IronWarfare !
              Seven
              Attached Files

Comment

The project will be delayed even more due personal troubles: my father died almost 1 hour ago and of course I'm not in the conditions of enjoying this projects as I wish

Comment

my condolences bro!
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

condolences on losing your father.
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

my condolences
                      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Thank you very much to all of you for the support in this black moment. I've collected all the textures needed from Quake MP1/MP2, Hexen1/2, Heretic. The mod got also many new textures: I've created one for the grass (modified an Hexen 2 texture). I'll upload it so I can have an opinion of how does it looks in game.

Comment

Aw man, sorry to hear this sad news. May you and yours forever cherish him in your hearts, in time of course.

My condolences,
                          - Dan
                          Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Originally posted by IronWarfare View Post
                            I've collected all the textures needed from Quake MP1/MP2, Hexen1/2, Heretic. The mod got also many new textures: I've created one for the grass (modified an Hexen 2 texture).

I'll upload it so I can have an opinion of how does it looks in game.

The crowd is already scratching at your door... impatiently waiting.

Comment

so sorry to hear about your loss when the time is right i hope you pick up and finish this i love his maps there better then the official quake ones a lot of time. if you have never played it try the last map in unforgiven that is the most epic boss fight ever! (hint press 9 when in the game to get the guns)

Comment

Working...
                              X