lava-SNG plague animated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lava-SNG plague animated

i totally love plagues SNG and i absolutely loved the animated effect OoPpEe and seven added to ruohis SNG in the SMC.

and i wanted to have plague's SNG in ROGUE too, one day i thought it would be a cool idea to add the same cracks and glowing effects to plagues SNG too for use with SMC... which i just tried

result = pure awesome-ness

DOWNLOAD ANIMATED LAVA-SNG!2013-06-27 cleaned up shader-file

to use it, drop the pk3 into your ROGUE folder and change/add 'set lavagunanimation 1' to the autoexec.cfg in the same folder.

also... i did a lil mod to the lava-nails, using a modified QRP lava-texture

DOWNLOAD GLOWING LAVA-NAILS

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    this pk3 is made to be used with the seven's SMC and with the lavaSNG animation feature.
    it wont work if you dont use seven's SMC mod and dont have this feature turned on.
    Seven's SMC can be found here

if you dont use seven's SMC, ive also put together a pk3 with an un-animated version which works without the SMC:
    DOWNLOAD UN-ANIMATED VERSION WHICH DOESNT REQUIRE SMC HERE

EDIT: 2013-07-22 added my lil lava-nail mod
    Last edited by talisa; 07-24-2018, 08:50 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

That looks like a keeper!
    Nice work

Comment

thanx, glad you like it. got the idea from webangel and sevens animated SNG and made it using parts of their textures.

also... put together a quick pk3 with not animated version for use without the SMC
      adding the link to the first post
      Last edited by talisa; 02-18-2013, 05:28 AM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Interesting idea Splitter and good implementation!

Comment

Yeah very cool Splitter shows up my ancient pre-wacom texture work.

Comment

Great work splitterface! That's my favorite gun, period (SLNG). That skin is sweet.

Not trying to derail your thread but, how come all of us "joined in 2011" people have right about 1200 posts and all of these pre-2009 people have between 1 and 60? These people are Baker?

Originally posted by Baker View Post
            I used a different name every week and then Slot Zero asked me to register in his forum.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

thanx all of you, glad you all like it
              totally love it myself

ill be working on it another time to perfect it

yeah seems odd indeed, that people who been around so long have so little posts while we newer members all have over 1K posts.
              mebbe the forums werent as active then as they are nowadays? *shrugs*
              Last edited by talisa; 02-18-2013, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Excellent work, splitterface!

IMHO, the Plague weapons are the best of all available HUD weapons since they kinda maintain the look of the originals while still adding a lot of details to it.

One thing to consider:
                While I would love to permanently use the Plague weapons, I can't. What we are missing is a complete pack for all mission packs with fitting weapons, optimized with normal/gloss maps and everything.
                kingennio had made a good start with the ID1 Plague++ pack, but unfortunately the link is down now. Maybe someone can reupload it (I must check my hard drive, maybe I still have it somewhere, too)?

If kingennio's edit can't be found, maybe someone can just take this version uploaded by LambentHammerBurst and create new gloss/normal maps for it if needed.
                [What could be improved in the kingennio pack btw is the positioning of the double-barrelled shotgun. In my resolution (1920x1200), you don't see much of the barrel at all. The model would need to be repositioned maybe to adjust viewing angle.]

I don't know if Plague ever made the missing weapons for the mission packs, but some should be easy to make - the Proximity Mine Launcher is basically a mere reskin of the Grenade Launcher. Similar to the Multi Grenade/Rocket Launcher in MP2. Anyone who could pull this off might advance to my personal hero(ine). ^^
                Last edited by NightFright; 02-20-2013, 02:18 AM.
                Authentic Models Pack
                OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

thanx a lot nightfright. and yes this is why i love the SNG from plague, cuz it retains the original look. that, and its just plain bad-ass looking

also, i provided a new mirror for plague's weapons ++ in that thread

also, check your pm about plague weapons. uploaded something for ya you might like
                  Last edited by talisa; 02-20-2013, 05:52 AM.

Comment

almost forgot about that i didnt 100% finish this weapon, but just last night i suddenly remembered i didnt add normals and reflect and such to this weapon, so i started working on adding those to all frames.

le voila, new version of lava-SNG based on plagues SNG model, now with gloss, normals and reflect just like the SNG

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf1ae4V9FaY]lava SNG plague reflect+maps - YouTube[/ame]

DOWNLOAD NEW UPDATE WITH REFLECT AND ADDITIONAL MAPS!

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

@gdiddy
                        hope you like it

Comment

looks great, its a nice concept and idea!

Comment

thanx. the original ideas for this comes from OoPpee,webangel and seven,
                            they together did the same for lava-SNG using ruohis' SNG model.

and seeing it gave me the idea to add a similar effect for plague's SNG-model cuz i think that one looks way more bad-ass

Comment

just did a small update to the included shader.

cleaned up the script by removing some lines which the engine didnt even use and simply ignored cuz the surface didnt even support some of the shader-commands used.
                              the visual in-game is still the exact same as before

updated pk3 with cleaned-up shader can be found in first post

Comment

Working...
                              X