No announcement yet.

Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's not happy because he's feeling good; It's because he's deranged!

Comment

• what Kinn said.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• Hello capnbubs,

What Kinn said

What suprises me is, that this thread started as a mecca for all the vanilla Quake fans.
        Now more and more people complain about not-fitting High Res textures...
        That does not fit together for me. Quake did not have external textures too.

It seems that also some vanilla Quake players "need" High Res textures ?

Anyhow, your download include ALL necessary files so that everybody can modify the skins/models/animations to their personal likings. There is not more you can do. You can never please everybody.

Stay true to your vision capnbubs.
        And let others do the modifications they want to have. I am sure that your models/skins will be altered by many people automagically.

Best wishes,
        Seven

Comment

• I couldnt find a game last night, played through all the ExM1 maps which are all base maps, to see the dog and soldier in action. The new models melted like butter into the game.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• Originally posted by R00k View Post
            I couldnt find a game last night, played through all the ExM1 maps which are all base maps, to see the dog and soldier in action. The new models melted like butter into the game.
            That's the best praise I could ask for

Comment

• This is the best project I've seen in a while! I always love the faithful stuff, keep up the good work! =)

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

• ..A big thank you! They look nice and its nice of you to include the blend files.

Comment

• Originally posted by R00k View Post
                  I couldnt find a game last night, played through all the ExM1 maps which are all base maps, to see the dog and soldier in action. The new models melted like butter into the game.
                  I need your help broseph.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• capnbubs remade other monster models

Comment

• I'm working on the other models, I've just been a little preoccupied with bioshock infinite this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
                        I'm working on the other models, I've just been a little preoccupied with bioshock infinite this week.
                        I'm about to fire up Infinite for the 1st time download finishes last night, wont be playing long got a fn GIB-session scheduled in Q1 this morning
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
                          I'm working on the other models, I've just been a little preoccupied with bioshock infinite this week.
                          omg. there is no complete set of monsters models in the world.
                          people are starting to do and not to finish, such as Ruohis

Comment

• yeah.... good job on demotivational talking soosel

capnbubs just barely started, and he already popped out 3models.
                            just cuz he doesnt pop out another model every day doesnt mean he quit working on them

you could try to instead praise capnbubs for his work and such to motivate him
                            instead of instantly stomping on him and saying he quit just cuz he didnt pop out something in a few days

he's doing some great work for this community by remaking these models, and he's doing an amazing job at updating the models while keeping the original aestethic and having them blend in perfectly into the original game.
                            Last edited by talisa; 03-28-2013, 10:02 AM.
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Capnbubs doesn't seem the type who 'doesnt get shit done'.

He does seem the type of person who 'gets shit done' .

Don't fret Soosel

Comment

• Thanks for the encouragement you guys C:

I'm getting there on the ogre, he's just a little tougher than the ones I've done so far. I've almost finished his model now but his texture will need a lot of work.

I'm trying to update him in a faithful manner whilst still improving him to the same standards as the models I have done so far.

Here is just a quick update showing the progress on the model. I may clean up and remove some polys if he is a bit overly detailed when I'm finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X