Authentic Model Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
    planning to give Fiends eyes (because they have eyes on the skin) and Shamblers fur because that is how I have always thought they looked and is apparently what was originally intended.
    Blind eyes, actually. Like these, but yellow.

About the shambler, John Romero clarified that in an interview, iirc. But I don't remember the answer.

Any comments about my other suggestions?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube

Comment

• About the ogre. Maybe beef up the forearms a little and give him some ears.

Comment

• eh i dun think modelled ears are necessary personally. costs to much polies to make something like an ear look good, low-poly ears look horrible.

so id say just make textured ears. detail which imo doesnt have to be modelled in.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by capnbubs View Post
          planning to give Fiends eyes (because they have eyes on the skin) and Shamblers fur because that is how I have always thought they looked and is apparently what was originally intended.
          I didn't realise that fiends had eyes until I just checked. I always thought the Shamblers had fur so this is cool (and I saw an interview that said they did, so that's also cool).

So far so good

http://androidarts.com/kawaiik/quake..._2010_edit.jpg

Comment

• costs to much polies to make something like an ear look good,
            depends on the ear. I think tea monsters model has "hole in the head" style ears modeled in (can't remember, but even if I am wrong, they would not be out of place or expensive in a polygon sense)
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
              costs to much polies to make something like an ear look good, low-poly ears look horrible.
              A tetrahedron costs too much polies? Mr. Big disagrees!

Copyright 2012 Madfox etc etc

Comment

• @copyright......

That looks like a remodeled ogre with different legs. Look at the chest...isn't that the same ogre "apron"? His colors seem to be the same too.

?idk looks like a "remake" to me
                Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-02-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                  @copyright......

That looks like a remodeled ogre with different legs. Look at the chest...isn't that the same ogre "apron"? His colors seem to be the same too.

?idk looks like a "remake" to me
                  Ya should say uncopyright or "halfass creative commons copyright" or something haha, I just made that shit up btw. Whats a ©
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• Come on guys, the copyright thing was just an ironic way for giving credit...

Comment

• Dat's Spiney's Ogre!

I don't like ears on the Ogre at all, makes him/her/it look like a chimera

(miss-match of monsters) instead of a fully fledged monster (Ogre).

The gun makes him look to soldier'ish also.

This ain't Shrek we're dealing with!
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

• Yeah, real-life ogres don't have ears.

Comment

• @ kinn

Comment

• i finally got around to testing these... but .. theyre not working?? im using the qbism super8 engine

Comment

• @amon26
                              they work fine for me. perhaps the engine you use doesnt support replacement models?
                              or you havent put the models in the correct folders?

check both of those, cuz the models all work fine for me
                              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Amon26 View Post
                                i finally got around to testing these... but .. theyre not working?? im using the qbism super8 engine
                                Files inside the .pak files will take precedence over files that aren't contained in .pak files. And .pak files with the highest numbers in their names will take precedence over .pak files with lower numbers.

You must either create a different game directory, place the replacement models in there and run it with the -game command, or create a new .pak file with the replacement models in it and name the file with a number higher than the highest numbered .pak file in your id1 folder.

So, if the only .pak files in your id1 folder are PAK0.PAK and PAK1.PAK, name your new .pak file as PAK2.PAK.
                                Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
                                ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                                Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X